• gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    If there's no NFL this year, the Bengals would have the #1
    What should they do ?
    Rape trade some other team to complement their new QB they drafted this year. Christmas would come twice in cinci!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      If there's no NFL this year, the Bengals would have the #1
      What should they do ?
      Thats an interesting problem. The NFL draft is so important, I don't believe the owners would keep the draft order from last year. Theres too many owners that want to improve their position to give it to Cincy without a fight.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Here are the guys I have highly rated going into 2020/2021 draft eligible prospects by position of expected need for 2021.....

CB’s
        Caleb Farley - VT
        Patrick Surtain II - BAMA
        Zyon McCollum - SHSU*
        Isreal Mukuambu - USC*
        Shaun Wade - OHST
        Tyson Campbell - UGA*
        Ambry Thomas - UMICH*
        Chase Lucas - ASU*
        Robert Rochell - UCA*
        Tariq Casto-Fields - PSU
        Eric Stokes - UGA
        Trey Dean III - UF

OC’s & OT’s
        Creed Humphrey - UOK*
        Luke Mathews - TAMU*
        Josh Myers - OHST
        Orlando Umana - UU*
        Jim Morrissey - PITT
        Conner Olson - MINN
        Michael Menet - PSU

Penei Sewell - UOR*
        Walker Little - STAN*
        Thayer Mumford - OHST
        Alex Leatherwood - BAMA
        Sam Cosmi - UTA*
        Daniel Feelele - MINN*
        Alaric Jackson - IOWA
        Landon Young - UK*
        Dillon Radunz - NDST*
        Liam Eichenberg - ND
        Spencer Brown - UNI*

TE’s & WR’s
        Pat Freiermuth - PSU
        Charlie Kobar - ISU*
        Nick Eubanks - UMICH
        Zach Davidson - UCM* (team’s #1 punter as well)
        Kyle Pitts - UF
        Matt Bushman - BYU
        Tre McKitty - UGA (FSU grad transfer)*
        Jeremy Ruckert - OHST
        John Bates - BSU*
        Brevin Jordan - UMIA
        Josh Pedersen- ULM

Rashad Bateman - MINN*
        Ja’Marr Chase - LSU
        Marquez Stevenson - UH*
        Seth Williams - AUB*
        Rico Bussey Jr. - UHI
        Amon-Ra St. Brown - USC
        DeVonta Smith - BAMA
        Tamorrion Terry - FSU
        Tylan Wallace - OKST
        Tutu Atwell - UL
        Austin Watkins - UAB*
        Terrance Marshal Jr. - LSU
        Dyami Brown - UNC*
        Jaylen Waddle - BAMA
        Chris Olave - OHST
        Justyn Ross - CLEM

EDGE
        Quincey Roche - UMIA (Temple transfer)*
        Charles Snowden - UVA*
        Greg Rousseau - UMIA
        Josh Kaindoh - FSU*
        Joe Tryon - UW*
        Aiden Hutchinson - UMICH
        Carlos Busham Jr. - WF*
        Kwity Paye - UMICH
        Kuony Deng - CAL*
        Isaiah Chambers - UH*
        Big Kat Bryant - AUB
        LeRon Stokes - UOK*
        Patrick Jones - PITT

* Prospects that have very high ceilings
        A few more prospects from other position groups I’m high on.....

OG

Wyatt Davis - OHST*
        Deonte Brown - BAMA
        Trey Smith - TENN*
        Zion Johnson - BC*
        Tommy Kraemer - ND
        Rashawn Slater - NW*
        Dontae Keys - NCAT*
        Jackson Carmen - CLEM
        Jack Anderson- TT
        Bryce Hargrove - PITT*
        Paul Grattan - UCLA

RB
        Journey Brown - PSU*
        Travis Etienne - CLEM*
        Chuba Hubbard - OKST
        Kylie Hill - MSST*
        Elijah Mitchell - ULL
        Larry Roundtree - MIZZOU*
        Raheem Boyd - UAR
        Najee Harris - BAMA

LB & DT
        Micah Parsons- PSU*
        Chazz Surratt - UNC*
        Merlin Robertson - ASU*
        Palaie Gaoteote IV- USC*
        Nate Landman - UCO
        Jabrill Cox - LSU
        Justin Rice - FRESNOST
        Damone Clark - LSU

Jaylen Twyman - PITT*
        Bobby Brown III - TAMU*
        Marvin Wilson - FSU
        Jordan Davis - UGA*
        Lorenzo Neal II - PUR*
        Jay Tufele - USC
        Dante Sills - WVU*
        Christian Barmore - BAMA
        Jaden Crumedy - UMS*
        Dion Novill - UNT
        Levi Onwuzurike - UW*
        Aubrey Solomon - TENN
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

LOL, c'mon man..the love is getting ridiculous. The bolded is some bullshit. He isnt going to be the only QB to enter the NFL at 21 years old. Merriman was only 20 when he entered. I like Lawrence but geez dude. Its like you will be rooting for us to tank to draft him. That isnt something we need to put up with.

IF Herbert shows well i hate to tell you but we wont be drafting Lawrence. IF he doesnt then perhaps but at this stage its a long shot. You have no idea at this point where we will even be picking. However in a season i dont see us playing, .....maybe 6th again? I have no idea how that comes to pass.
          First, my entire discussion of Lawrence has been predicated on us having the #1 overall draft pick. I have made that crystal clear in my previous posts. Nobody is trading out of #1 overall this year and the team that drafts #1 overall will take Lawrence or will be this generation's Stu Inman. It really is that simple.

Second, you are taking my discussion about Lawrence's age out of context. The poster to whom I responded suggested the possibility that Lawrence was overrated. His age is relevant to his anticipated developmental curve. It matters that Lawrence is already better than Herbert straight up right now and has more of his developmental curve remaining than Herbert does. If Herbert were better now, then Lawrence might just be the same as his longer remaining developmental curve might just serve to make the two players even. But that is not close to being the case here.

Yes, there have been a good number of other QBs to enter the draft at 21 years of age, but in Lawrence's case, that would only be after he has had one more year of work under his belt. People are looking at Lawrence now as if that were the final product and that is not the case.

Finally, I always root for the Chargers to win, but I am also aware that having the #1 overall pick in the 2021 draft is not like having the #1 overall pick in other seasons. So, if we start out losing heavily and do not have a chance at the playoffs, then having the #1 overall pick would be a very good consolation prize this year. However, while I think it is possible that we could be drafting in the top 10 in 2021, I doubt that we will be having the #1 overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            Crusher, We simply don't see TL in the same way I think he's very good but I won't bet the house on him being one of the greatest QB ever. I'm not betting the house on Herbert either but if he had already "lit it up", I'd stick with him.
            Drexler was very good too and was lighting it up, but he was not Michael Jordan. You don't generate a discussion of being possibly the best NFL draft prospect ever like Lawrence has if you are not at least very, very good.

Herbert demonstrating a good performance would enhance his trade value. If he had really played that well, you could probably trade him, get right back into the first round, take another good player, and possibly have draft consideration beyond that with a Herbert trade. That way, we could have the best QB and good supporting players, which would be the best of all possible draft results.

I think a smart GM would bet the house on Lawrence and trade up agressively to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Rape trade some other team to complement their new QB they drafted this year. Christmas would come twice in cinci!
              If they were smart, they would trade their one year wonder (Burrow) and take Lawrence.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                Humble Chargers Fan
                • May 2017
                • Golden Hill
                • Medical Devices Operations
                • Send PM

It looks like ground was broken to start the building process for San Diego State's new stadium this morning.
                "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

First, my entire discussion of Lawrence has been predicated on us having the #1 overall draft pick. I have made that crystal clear in my previous posts. Nobody is trading out of #1 overall this year and the team that drafts #1 overall will take Lawrence or will be this generation's Stu Inman. It really is that simple.

Second, you are taking my discussion about Lawrence's age out of context. The poster to whom I responded suggested the possibility that Lawrence was overrated. His age is relevant to his anticipated developmental curve. It matters that Lawrence is already better than Herbert straight up right now and has more of his developmental curve remaining than Herbert does. If Herbert were better now, then Lawrence might just be the same as his longer remaining developmental curve might just serve to make the two players even. But that is not close to being the case here.

Yes, there have been a good number of other QBs to enter the draft at 21 years of age, but in Lawrence's case, that would only be after he has had one more year of work under his belt. People are looking at Lawrence now as if that were the final product and that is not the case.

Finally, I always root for the Chargers to win, but I am also aware that having the #1 overall pick in the 2021 draft is not like having the #1 overall pick in other seasons. So, if we start out losing heavily and do not have a chance at the playoffs, then having the #1 overall pick would be a very good consolation prize this year. However, while I think it is possible that we could be drafting in the top 10 in 2021, I doubt that we will be having the #1 overall pick.
                  We arent going to have the #1 pick. This team has too much talent to be that bad.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
                    It looks like ground was broken to start the building process for San Diego State's new stadium this morning.
                    Ouch.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We arent going to have the #1 pick. This team has too much talent to be that bad.
                      I agree that it is unlikely that we will be picking #1 overall in 2021, but I think it is far from impossible. It is unlikely that the offense will be as good as last year's with the downgrade from Rivers to Taylor. And while I expect the defense to be better this year, key injuries could limit what is otherwise expected to be a very good defense. If the defense does not show well for any reason, I think we will definitely be in the hunt for the #1 overall draft pick because our offense is not likely to be outscoring teams in shootout type games as it has done in past years.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Never underestimate the Bolt's ability to find a creative way to lose.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I agree that it is unlikely that we will be picking #1 overall in 2021, but I think it is far from impossible. It is unlikely that the offense will be as good as last year's with the downgrade from Rivers to Taylor. And while I expect the defense to be better this year, key injuries could limit what is otherwise expected to be a very good defense. If the defense does not show well for any reason, I think we will definitely be in the hunt for the #1 overall draft pick because our offense is not likely to be outscoring teams in shootout type games as it has done in past years.
                          Which teams the Chargers have outscored the past two years ?

Comment

Working...
                          X