X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    Excellent breakdown of 2019 Creed Humphrey......
    Who’s up for a 1st round OC?

His strength, recognition and ability to position himself to pick up multiple defenders is particularly impressive. Also, on at least one of the plays shown, as he was blocking a player to the ground, it looked like he was trying to block him into other defenders to take them out as well--very good awareness of his surroundings.

Though he is an impressive player, I still think a lot will depend on where we draft. If we draft #1, that pick has to be Lawrence. If we draft early, Sewell is a highly ranked player at a position of need. There may be other good choices as well. If we are drafting later in the first round, then Creed Humphrey could make sense. He is a good player.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

His strength, recognition and ability to position himself to pick up multiple defenders is particularly impressive. Also, on at least one of the plays shown, as he was blocking a player to the ground, it looked like he was trying to block him into other defenders to take them out as well--very good awareness of his surroundings.

Though he is an impressive player, I still think a lot will depend on where we draft. If we draft #1, that pick has to be Lawrence. If we draft early, Sewell is a highly ranked player at a position of need. There may be other good choices as well. If we are drafting later in the first round, then Creed Humphrey could make sense. He is a good player.
      what if Justin starts early and lights it up? Yeah, for starters we won’t be sitting at #1 so won’t have this worry. But if they did, that pick parlays into perhaps 3 #1s and a few others thrown in the mix.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Even if Herbert doesn’t, I think drafting Lawrence is far from certain.
        Frankly I’d be disappointed drafting another “franchise qb” with Herbert on the roster
        Unless we draft and trade for a small fortune
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

I doubt TL, ( I like him and know your thoughts on his skillset) is in the conversation with Herbert already in the fold even if we stink it up this season. Creed is going top 20.
          Penei is my #1 prospect for 2021, so if we are drafting top 3-5 that is the prospect I’d be targeting. Little, Cosmi, Feelele, Young, Radunz, Leatherwood, & S. Brown are all top 75 guys at OT to keep an eye on.
          CBs like Farley, Surtain II, Campbell, McCollum, Mukuambu, Thomas, Wade, & Rochell are top 50 guys on my board going into 2021 at another position of need.
          EDGE prospects are a bit dicey and hope to get more film, if the southern conferences indeed play, on a few guys.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Even if Herbert doesn’t, I think drafting Lawrence is far from certain.
            Frankly I’d be disappointed drafting another “franchise qb” with Herbert on the roster
            Unless we draft and trade for a small fortune
            If we are drafting #1 overall and pass on Lawrence, Telesco might as well go ahead and legally change his name to Stu Inman.

Obviously, the answer in that scenario is to trade Herbert for first round consideration and draft Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

what if Justin starts early and lights it up? Yeah, for starters we won’t be sitting at #1 so won’t have this worry. But if they did, that pick parlays into perhaps 3 #1s and a few others thrown in the mix.
              Lawrence is regarded by some as the best QB prospect ever. If Herbert lights it up early, I am trading him for multiple first round picks and taking Lawrence, the player with what some believe to be the highest all time ceiling.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Lawrence is regarded by some as the best QB prospect ever. If Herbert lights it up early, I am trading him for multiple first round picks and taking Lawrence, the player with what some believe to be the highest all time ceiling.
                Better than Elway?
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I haven't heard anyone say that but he is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Better than Elway?
                    Yes, but it is funny that Marino ended up being the better QB.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

If we are drafting #1 overall and pass on Lawrence, Telesco might as well go ahead and legally change his name to Stu Inman.

Obviously, the answer in that scenario is to trade Herbert for first round consideration and draft Lawrence.
                      Not so obvious to me but I understand the sentiment
                      I might be incredibly biased but I think we have a future elite NFL qb in number 10

If we’re drafting top 5, I’m with ninja and targeting Penei

hes the Trevor Lawrence of LOT
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Not so obvious to me but I understand the sentiment
                        I might be incredibly biased but I think we have a future elite NFL qb in number 10

If we’re drafting top 5, I’m with ninja and targeting Penei

hes the Trevor Lawrence of LOT
                        Lol.

I like my Anthony Munoz comp. over an unproven 2 year college QB for my 2 year unproven college OT.
                        Penei isn’t just pasta anymore.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Lol.

I like my Anthony Munoz comp. over an unproven 2 year college QB for my 2 year unproven college OT.
                          Penei isn’t just pasta anymore.
                          The sad thing is he won't get to play this year. I still think we should bomb the palace in China for sending this Covid crap to us.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X