• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I like Lombardi's breakdowns...... he thought Adderley was by far the best FS in the draft(that has not panned out yeat but he is getting better....... he thought Bosa was going to be a very good solid player, raving about his techniques, hand usage, etc, but criticized his lack of lightning-quick pass rush speed like Von Miller of DEN...... which I thought was odd because Miller is a 3/4 OLBer(and maybe quickest in NFL), not a DE like Bosa...... Bosa is most comparable to Watt size wise and effort wise but is a little bit lighter and quicker.... Bosa can also move inside on passing downs, etc..... Miller cannot do that......

I agree with not drafting Rousseau..... he is not explosive..... not very impressive..... a top 5 DL/DE should be a guy who dominated every down in college like Bosa or Leslie O'neal.....

There are 2 top CB's who are supposed to go top 5 or 6ish....... but if we can spend some money in FA, adding a vet CB who already has matured and knows the NFL and many of its players, etc,.... NE, Chiefs, MIA, PIT, NO, and Ravens all have FA shut down CB's .......

It appears to me that Sewell is much better at run blocking than pass blocking....... he is athletic, but I dont see Anthony Munoz there.....pass blocking should be priority..... most of our current OL are far better run blockers than pass blockers......... is Slater better at pass blocking?

So what are the knocks on Parsons?
    Here u go:

n 2019, Slater shifted from right tackle to left tackle and excelled. Rashawn only allowed five pressures on 355 pass-blocking snaps, giving him a PFF pass-blocking grade of 88.2, one of the highest in college football.

slater.JPG

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/202...ashawn-slater/

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      So, this year you would draft Trevor Lawrence if you could?

Is Micah that good that you think he could be a future HOFer?
      If teams had two quarterbacks on the field, yes! I was thinking about Micah, but i really don't know what his ceiling is....haven't seen him enough.

I wouldn't choose Micah if Bradley is still the coordinator

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Micah is not going to solve our problems. We need to move down and get more draft picks in the first three rounds even if we have to trade out of lower picks in the 6th to 7th rounds. We need to have more better players not just one additional potential star. Unless we can draft a Bosa like player at 5 then we best move down for more picks in the second round where there are a ton of offensive linemen this year.
        This is no one draft that can fix the Chargers problems. None such draft exists. What you CAN do is start addressing the defensive line and the offensive line in the 2021 draft with blue chip prospects in the 1st & 2nd Rounds, DE/OLB and OT, respectively.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This is no one draft that can fix the Chargers problems. None such draft exists. What you CAN do is start addressing the defensive line and the offensive line in the 2021 draft with blue chip prospects in the 1st & 2nd Rounds, DE/OLB and OT, respectively.
          If we could fill in the OL and DL we would see a big improvement. Dominate the los and you have a winner!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

*WINCE* The more I see of Ja'marr Chase the more conflicted I get. I hope we lose out. We will be in the best position possible to leverage a trade up for a QB. To be quite honest this will be Telesco's make it or break it draft.

'
            Why can't I get it to embed any more?
            dunk fail GIF

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

working big board atm

Penei * he's not Anthony Munoz, but will say that 'tis not out of the realm of possibilities to have a shot @him top five
              trade down * don't think Telesco does this, and you can't miss on the way down either
              Rashawn * is he a right or LT, is he better than Penei, how high are you willing to draft this guy
              Darrisaw * not my guy atm, but does have positional value as a LT
              Trey Smith * this is my guy.... top five talent on some accounts that will fill the hole @guard
              Eric Stokes * we're gonna need someone to spell Hayward and this is the best get by my take
              Josh Myers * would be (very) disappointed if he went before our pick in the third
              Palaie Gaoteote * if this guy stays in the draft, pretty much a must get by my take, and willing to reach some for him
              Hamsah Nasirildeen * keeps slippin' down boards, but still like this guy
              Spencer Brown * guy is prolly gonna be overdrafted and off the board by round four
              Deablo Divine * riding Ninja's coattails here, but do think we have a pressing need in the secondary and he helps
              Tyler Shelvin * was up to 375 post CoVid, and.... we need a Linval backup/rotational piece @NT
              Daniel Faalele * love his intangibles and maybe he pans out, and.... maybe not, so doubt I'd see him this late

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

If Sewell isn’t the prospect he was made out to be a few months ago, maybe that’s a good thing.
                hes still an elite prospect and now isn’t a shoe-in to be the first non qb taken
                even if Sewell was neck and neck with Slater by draft day, the Oregon connection with Herbert is too obvious for even Telesco to screw up
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Roursseau has the speed, and explosiveness to play DE at an elite level. He just don't turn it on very often. He does every now and then, and that is what gets everyone so excited. But it is not a regular thing for him, and you have to wonder if the light will come on. He is not a special player most of the time. If you can get through to him, he could be a really great player who can start outside, and then move around on 3rd downs. If he played with more effort, I would like him more. I would let him slide and take a risk at a lower round. Someone else will probably take a risk on him early, but these days there are plenty of decent DE who are lower risk.

Rashawn Slater has good physical tools but needs to refine them some. he needs to use his hands better and he needs to get better depth on his kick. He is not horrible, and he flashes ability in that area, but he needs some work. But he shows enough good ability that I wouldn't pass on him. He could be a really good LT for a long time. The thing I like about him is that he is really good at combo blocks, so in a zone offense like we run, he would really help our running game.

Micah Parsons is not going to dominate the NFL unless teams start to run the ball at lot more than they do. Off the ball LB are basically big S unless the team playing you is going to run the ball 40 times a game, AND you have the DL who can keep blockers off them. Parsons is a nice blitzer, but you don't draft a guy in the top of round 1 to blitz. Even blitzing teams don't do it enough to take over a game, and justify a huge salary. COuld he switch to play OLB in a 34 or 43 DE? Yes. You want to spend a top 10 pick on a project to a new position? He has the skills to be a good pass rusher, but he is not used that way, and it would take time to develop him to do that, plus you don't know how that will work out. The size issue is a non-factor. The skill set is the thing.

Tyler Shelvin is all about how big he gets. He made a mistake sitting out this year, and he is just a run down player with a history of weight issues. He is immoveable when he is in shape, but he can't play that much when his weight creeps up. When he was in shape last year, he played a lot of snaps and was still effective in some big games late last year. But a guy that big is always going to have to watch his size, and while many think size is a good thing, it can be as big a curse as anything. If we drafted him, it would be to replace Joesph, not to back him up. You don't rotate NT.

A big improvement by drafting the lines at 1 and 2 would be nice, but we need multiple players at interior OL and multiple players at interior DL. One draft is not going to fix the issues we have, unless the new coaching staff can fix some of the guys we have.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    If Sewell isn’t the prospect he was made out to be a few months ago, maybe that’s a good thing.
                    hes still an elite prospect and now isn’t a shoe-in to be the first non qb taken
                    even if Sewell was neck and neck with Slater by draft day, the Oregon connection with Herbert is too obvious for even Telesco to screw up
                    Their are things to worry about with certain prospects but a few nitpicking breakdowns of a few plays is not concerning about Sewell.
                    He is 20, 6’6”, 330#, Uber athletic, supremely powerful, finishes nasty, possesses ideal length.
                    Does Penei need some technical improvements? Of course.
                    Has he dominated his college opponents? YES!
                    Will the NFL year 3 version be a scary good compared to his rookie season? Yes.
                    Munoz clone? Lots of Flashes of physicality, athletic prowess, power, and hand usage.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

for you righty gotta be right guys, this is not for you/not gonna make you happy, as am pretty much mostly matching up names w/teams and finding an angle that might interest me:

(go do your own before goin' Raggedy Andy on things.... you will def be the wiser for it)

01) Jets * QB Trevor Lawrence * whatevor
                      02) Jax * OG Penei Sewell * have my doubts if he's good enough to displace a QB here
                      03) Cincy * WR Jaylen Waddle * when does it ever happen that QB & WR from the same school end up on the same team
                      04) Dallas * CB Patrick Surtain * not who I'd go after, but apparently a need for them
                      05) LAC * RT Rashawn Slater * not my pick, but if the draft were today, this is who I'd handicap here as our selection
                      06) Philly * WR DeVonta Smith * lotta peoples really think highly of this guy's skill set
                      07) Carolina * QB Trey Lance * think this guy makes a great understudy to Bridgewater
                      08) Atlanta * QB Kyle Trask * just pundit propaganda, but am buying for now/for the sake of this mock
                      09) Miami * WR Ja'Marr Chase * same silly thought, that no Alabama player would ever land w/Tua in NFL
                      10) Denver * CB Caleb Farley * if Elway gets a shot @Zach Wilson, think he could well be a Bronco
                      11) WashDC * LB Micah Parsons * Rivera hit gold w/Kuechly, and guessin' he values LB more than most
                      12) Lions * DE Kwity Paye * ok, according to Voch, he is the better get than Rousseau @DE
                      13) Bears * OG Wyatt Davis * think this is a little high for him, and could be the spot that Slater lands/ends up
                      14) SF * QB Zach Wilson * prolly gonna have to trade (way) up for this guy, but Lynch is odds on fave in my book
                      15) Pats * TE Kyle Pitts * goin' w/the flock here
                      16) Az * CB Eric Stokes * my fave corner in the draft
                      17) Ravens * WR Terrace Marshall * DeCosta usually goes value at premium position.... does this qualify as such
                      18) Vegas * LB Dylan Moses * awful good looking player w/a do not touch injury history (Gregory Rousseau anyone ?)
                      19) Giants * WR Rashod Bateman * not overly sold on this guy, but not a bad idea to give Jones some help here
                      20) Vikes * OC Creed Humphrey * the Pilsbury dough boy has been falling on most mox
                      21) Bucs * LT Christian Darrisaw * back 2 back tackles on top of last year's Wirfs, which has turned out well
                      22) Miami * RB Travis Etienne * give Tua and South Beach somethin' to get happy 'bout on the offensive side of the ball
                      23) Indy * TE Pat Freiermuth * perhaps a round early, but gotta believe he'd help and then some
                      24) Titans * 3T Jay Tufele * good teams make good draft day decisions
                      25) Jets * CB Shaun Wade * not sure if they need help @the slot, and do think this guy is best there
                      26) Jags * OT Alijah Vera Tucker * gonna go w/the Wu Dai Scouting Bureau here and give this guy the benefit of the doubt
                      27) Browns * OG Trey Smith * yep, if eye trade down, will be looking either here w/Trey Smith or for Eric Stokes
                      28) Bills * OT Jalen Mayfield * peoples like him coz he had a game against Chase Young
                      29) Pack * OT Samuel Cosmi * not sold on him but think the Pack could be without Bakhtiari next season
                      30) KC * WR Rondale Moore * for the team that specializes in players that are just one more thorn in your side
                      31) Saints * QB Justin Fields * doubt he drops this far, and.... is he better than Taysom
                      32) Steelers * OT Alex Leatherwood * all you gotta do is just pick out the toughest/roughest dude left on the board
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Slater is probably as good an athlete as Sewell, but they have different issues.

Slater is slow with his hands and carries them too low. He needs does fine vs college pass rushers, because they don't explode upfield, but vs a von Miller, he is going to have to get more depth in his set, or Miller will get past him. And with his current hand use, he will be vulnerable to counter moves and won't be able to recover. He is not as developed technique wise as a lot of the elite OT have been historically, although he is that kind of athlete.

Sewell is a great movement guy who needs to get better at being physical and finishing in space. He MOVES is space well, but he needs to be more confident and go ahead and maul his guy, instead of just stopping on contact and maintaining position. Blocking in a phone booth, he is a mauler who destroys everyone. When he is confident, and he tries to finish, which isn't that often, he destroys some people in space.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          for you righty gotta be right guys, this is not for you/not gonna make you happy, as am pretty much mostly matching up names w/teams and finding an angle that might interest me:

(go do your own before goin' Raggedy Andy on things.... you will def be the wiser for it)

01) Jets * QB Trevor Lawrence * whatevor
                          02) Jax * OG Penei Sewell * have my doubts if he's good enough to displace a QB here
                          03) Cincy * WR Jaylen Waddle * when does it ever happen that QB & WR from the same school end up on the same team
                          04) Dallas * CB Patrick Surtain * not who I'd go after, but apparently a need for them
                          05) LAC * RT Rashawn Slater * not my pick, but if the draft were today, this is who I'd handicap here as our selection
                          06) Philly * WR DeVonta Smith * lotta peoples really think highly of this guy's skill set
                          07) Carolina * QB Trey Lance * think this guy makes a great understudy to Bridgewater
                          08) Atlanta * QB Kyle Trask * just pundit propaganda, but am buying for now/for the sake of this mock
                          09) Miami * WR Ja'Marr Chase * same silly thought, that no Alabama player would ever land w/Tua in NFL
                          10) Denver * CB Caleb Farley * if Elway gets a shot @Zach Wilson, think he could well be a Bronco
                          11) WashDC * LB Micah Parsons * Rivera hit gold w/Kuechly, and guessin' he values LB more than most
                          12) Lions * DE Kwity Paye * ok, according to Voch, he is the better get than Rousseau @DE
                          13) Bears * OG Wyatt Davis * think this is a little high for him, and could be the spot that Slater lands/ends up
                          14) SF * QB Zach Wilson * prolly gonna have to trade (way) up for this guy, but Lynch is odds on fave in my book
                          15) Pats * TE Kyle Pitts * goin' w/the flock here
                          16) Az * CB Eric Stokes * my fave corner in the draft
                          17) Ravens * WR Terrace Marshall * DeCosta usually goes value at premium position.... does this qualify as such
                          18) Vegas * LB Dylan Moses * awful good looking player w/a do not touch injury history (Gregory Rousseau anyone ?)
                          19) Giants * WR Rashod Bateman * not overly sold on this guy, but not a bad idea to give Jones some help here
                          20) Vikes * OC Creed Humphrey * the Pilsbury dough boy has been falling on most mox
                          21) Bucs * LT Christian Darrisaw * back 2 back tackles on top of last year's Wirfs, which has turned out well
                          22) Miami * RB Travis Etienne * give Tua and South Beach somethin' to get happy 'bout on the offensive side of the ball
                          23) Indy * TE Pat Freiermuth * perhaps a round early, but gotta believe he'd help and then some
                          24) Titans * 3T Jay Tufele * good teams make good draft day decisions
                          25) Jets * CB Shaun Wade * not sure if they need help @the slot, and do think this guy is best there
                          26) Jags * OT Alijah Vera Tucker * gonna go w/the Wu Dai Scouting Bureau here and give this guy the benefit of the doubt
                          27) Browns * OG Trey Smith * yep, if eye trade down, will be looking either here w/Trey Smith or for Eric Stokes
                          28) Bills * OT Jalen Mayfield * peoples like him coz he had a game against Chase Young
                          29) Pack * OT Samuel Cosmi * not sold on him but think the Pack could be without Bakhtiari next season
                          30) KC * WR Rondale Moore * for the team that specializes in players that are just one more thorn in your side
                          31) Saints * QB Justin Fields * doubt he drops this far, and.... is he better than Taysom
                          32) Steelers * OT Alex Leatherwood * all you gotta do is just pick out the toughest/roughest dude left on the board
                          Where's Mac Jones in this breakdown? Going in second Round?
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X