• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agree that by far the biggest needs are OT and CB. And I do think one of three will be there at 13: Slater, Horn or Surtain. I leave Farley out over injury concerns for now. I guess Parsons could be in the mix as well for 13. Tucker or Darrisaw will be there but Tucker is more OG and I think Darrisaw at 13 seems to be a bit of a reach.
    Only if we have a QB frenzy
    Im not convinced we will see that. These pundits predict a lot of trades often that don't happen but I do hope this is the year they are right.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not convinced we will see that. These pundits predict a lot of trades often that don't happen but I do hope this is the year they are right.
      Lawrence, Wilson Fields and Lance
      Pitts, Chase and DaVonta Smith

have to hope that maybe Mac Jones, Parsons and another WR like Waddle are taken at some point

so yes, you are right - the Chargers could be on the outside or just have Farley left and he has the injury concern

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        Surtain is a stud.

I’ve got him as CB1. He’s not faster than Horn or Farley, but he’s technically sound, plays best in big time games, and has tons of reps—all things TT values. Plus he’s the likeliest of the 3 to have an immediate impact at the next level.

Seems like every play in which Horn’s involved, his first impulse is to look at the ref to see if a flag’s coming out. He got away with a lot in college that will not stand in the NFL. He needs to make adjustments, and his rookie campaign could be a rough one. No doubt he’ll be fine in the long run tho. (CB2)

Farley has more question marks than Horn—injuries, skipping last year, limited time at the position. His rookie year could be rougher than Horn’s. But again, in the long run (if he stays healthy), he’ll be an all pro. (CB3)
        If, and it’s a big if, Farley can stay healthy, he’s the best prospect in the class. He’s got the physical tools to be as good as Jalen Ramsey.

Horn has plenty of talent. But he’s got a long way to go because he’s gonna draw a lot of penalties with his current style of play.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I think we will. The first three will be QBs. After that, I see the Panthers and possibly even the Patriots getting desperate. More blue chip talent will get pushed down.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Don’t forget Denver. Drew Lock isn’t the answer. The question is if they realize that. But this is a pretty loaded QB draft. If I were them I’d be of the mindset that the best you’ll ever do with Lock is 10-6. I’d be trying to get one of those QBs. It sounds like Fields might slip. I’d be surprised if he made it past them.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

A QB frenzy there will be. Let me count the ways:

1. GMs are frothing and slathering over Herbert and Burrow’s rookie success.

2. Financials are tight. QB contracts allow more liberal spending and/or cap stability.

3. Next year’s QB crop is dismal at best.

4. Supply and demand. There are more QB needy teams than legit QB prospects.

5. There are more QB needy teams on the horizon (Bucs, Dolphins, Vikings, Giants, Steelers, Packers—reports about Love aren’t good).

For the above-mentioned reasons,
              GMs are extra horny.

Blood in water.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Lawrence, Wilson Fields and Lance
                Pitts, Chase and DaVonta Smith

have to hope that maybe Mac Jones, Parsons and another WR like Waddle are taken at some point

so yes, you are right - the Chargers could be on the outside or just have Farley left and he has the injury concern
                I predict a QB frenzy with 5 going in the top 8. Then 1 or 2 additional QB reaches (Mond or Mills) in the mid to late 1st.

I also predict a drop in WR value. Chase will still go in the top 10, but Waddle and Smith will drop lower than expected. There’s too much mid-round WR value. Teams will prioritize other positions and circle back to WR.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

If, and it’s a big if, Farley can stay healthy, he’s the best prospect in the class. He’s got the physical tools to be as good as Jalen Ramsey.

Horn has plenty of talent. But he’s got a long way to go because he’s gonna draw a lot of penalties with his current style of play.
                  I disagree. Horn plays physical because he plays a ton of press and that is what you are supposed to do.

I think refs at NFL level allow a physical corner who plays tight sticky coverage to get away with more than a player who does not.
                  When you play off coverage all day and then get sticky for a snap you get flagged. When you play sticky from the jump then you can get your hands on recievers more and get far less flags.
                  The better CBs in the league get away with more, always have, always will. Like Revis or Gilmore.

IMO, Horn will become one of the best CBs in the league.
                  Top 5 at the position by year 3.
                  ​​​​​
                  ​if he is there is #13, they should pick him.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I disagree. Horn plays physical because he plays a ton of press and that is what you are supposed to do.

I think refs at NFL level allow a physical corner who plays tight sticky coverage to get away with more than a player who does not.
                    When you play off coverage all day and then get sticky for a snap you get flagged. When you play sticky from the jump then you can get your hands on recievers more and get far less flags.
                    The better CBs in the league get away with more, always have, always will. Like Revis or Gilmore.

IMO, Horn will become one of the best CBs in the league.
                    Top 5 at the position by year 3.
                    ​​​​​
                    ​if he is there is #13, they should pick him.
                    Those are actually really good points. Is Horn your CB1?

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                      Don’t forget Denver. Drew Lock isn’t the answer. The question is if they realize that. But this is a pretty loaded QB draft. If I were them I’d be of the mindset that the best you’ll ever do with Lock is 10-6. I’d be trying to get one of those QBs. It sounds like Fields might slip. I’d be surprised if he made it past them.
                      I think Denver realizes it which is why they tried to trade for Watson earlier. Now whether they like any of the QBs in this draft over Lock is the question.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Those are actually really good points. Is Horn your CB1?
                        I like SurtainII and Horn equally.
                        They are the #1 CBs in the draft.
                        And I want one of them.
                        But my guess is both will be off the board before pick#13.

If at least 4 QBs are taken in top 12.
                        Then 8 non-QB players will be taken
                        and Im guessing these 6 are most likely to be gone.
                        Sewell-OT
                        Pitts-TE
                        Chase-WR
                        SurtainII-CB
                        Horn-CB
                        Slater-OT

And then 2 of these players as well
                        Farley-CB
                        Parsons-LB
                        Collins-LB
                        Barmore-DL
                        Smith-WR
                        Rousseau-DE

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I predict a QB frenzy with 5 going in the top 8. Then 1 or 2 additional QB reaches (Mond or Mills) in the mid to late 1st.

I also predict a drop in WR value. Chase will still go in the top 10, but Waddle and Smith will drop lower than expected. There’s too much mid-round WR value. Teams will prioritize other positions and circle back to WR.
                          We'll see. Your reason #3 makes the most sense to me so that may be a good reason to take a chance.

I don't see any way that Mills is a first round pick. No way he should even go ahead of Trask.

Some teams are gonna be disappointed again lol. But today's NFL wuss rules do make it easier than ever for QBs now.

Hec I hope Denver drafts Mills in round two which I think is a reach. Don't think he is going to be a very good NFL QB.

Lance, while he may be better than Love,... I don't care for him either in round 1.
                          Love,... I said last year was a 3rd rounder at best so I haven't heard anything but wouldn't be surprised if that's the word on him. Those are my predictions.

I just hope teams get desperate as it only helps us.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-28-2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X