• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly. It seems for LT - which is what the Chargers need - both Slater and AVT have the non-optimat measurements. Granted, if you want a player that might be a very good OG , longer term but this year LT - that could be fine. Still need to figure out LT.
    We posted a study that does show that most of those measurements, and most are talking arm length when they speaking of measurements, do not show a correlation to performance. Slaters balance footwork and technique is excellent. Joe Thomas had.kess than the "ideal minimal" 34" arm length

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      I'm starting to lean towards Darisaw or Little over Slater/AVT
      because i'm convinced the FORMER two are bonafide NFL left tackles
      (i'm beginning to soften on Darisaw).
      Chargers can always get a decent guard in later rounds or free agency.

If i was convinced AVT has an all pro ceiling, than i might change my mind.
      Yup.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I knew you’d all catch up

2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

An interesting article re arm length.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...offensive-line

And another....

Thank you, thank you, Mallory of St. Paul, for providing me the opportunity to address the most ridiculous thing I heard or read during the NFL draft. Take it away, Mallory:I've heard a lot of various experts and analysts project that Green Bay's Bryan Bulaga will struggle to adapt to left tackle in the NFL due to short arms.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Teven is tenacious, physical, solid technique/fundamentals, and has a thick nasty streak. He is a load to deal with for 4 quarters.
            Agreed. Big fan of his at OT.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Build the O and the wins will come.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Build the O and the wins will come.
                This right here x 100!

Sure I want another CB added in Free agency - but I know one will come via the draft. And yes, one more special teams player. But if Telesco fixes the OL - it will just help the entire team - offense, defense, field position, short yardage, four minute offense to end the game, maybe having the ball more on offense so the defense plays less, changing field position. Hell, just sometimes getting one first down starting at the 25, moving to the 40 - so many things a good OLine does.

Glad to see Telesco has been focused

As for Little, Darrisaw, AVT, Slater, Teven, Eichenberg, Cosmi -- just want the best potential LEFT tackle they identify for the scheme, Herbert, the offense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                  Lot of long armed guys in link 1 that didnt do much in the NFL at OT or period. I just think if your arms are ok length, if you have good feet you will be fine. The longer armed guys with slow feet, still not very good like Fluker.

Slater imo with 33" arms will be fine. I hope the teams ahead of us dock him for that.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

OK let's get real for a second..... Chargers need an OT in this draft maybe even 2.... I believe TT wants OT Alijah Vera-Tucker at 13 period. We have a QB that just had statistically maybe the best rookie season of all time at the position, and we have to give him weapons on O to progress with a great Oline....

So all this being stated IF at pick 13 OT Alijah Vera-Tucker is on the board and Kyle Pitts is on the board what pick makes more sense..... Pitts or Tucker.... I say scoop up Pitts at #13 Maybe and get a OT in the 2nd or 3rd round. Jared Cook could be a great mentor for Kyle Pitts on the Chargers, and Pitts could become Herbert's great new weapon for the next 10 years. ???

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                      I believe TT wants OT Alijah Vera-Tucker at 13 period.
                      Based on what? I ask this genuinely because I don’t feel like we’ve ever had a great feel for what TT will do in the draft.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Unless Slater is there at 13, I think we should pick Surtain or Hill if they are available instead. We can get LT in the 2nd. Strong chance that Walker Little or Eich will be there at 45.

Imho that would be the most ideal situation for us. Realistic due to the amount of QBs and WRs in this year's 1st round. Here's one of my draft mocks for first 3 rounds.

13. South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn: What we get?
                        • 6-1 205lb corner with 4.39 speed and 11.1 board jump. Explosive, physical, fast, alpha competitor "bout' that action" whom and will not back down from any WR.
                        • In 239 coverage snaps in 2020 allowed only 8 receptions. He was only targeted 24 times.
                        • He had 2 interceptions and 6 pass breakups, for a total of 8 forced incompletions.
                        • He was targeted 11 times on third down and allowed 2 receptions for 18 yards while recording both of his interceptions. 11 targets, 2 receptions, 2 interceptions.
                        • 33% catch rate when targeted, #1 in his conference.
                        • -All of the above while in the SEC.

47: Best LT prospect available. What we get? That LT prospect that drops leaving you scratching your head....yeah that guy get him!!!

77.Oklahoma RB Rhamondre Stevenson: What we get?
                        • Big RB with 36% broken tackle rate and averages an elite 3.89 yards after contact.
                        • 8.8 ypc in 2019 and 6.6 ypc in 2020. Fluid footwork and stiffarm with little wasted energy/motion.
                        • Looks natural catching the ball with 11.7 yards per catch.
                        • A willing and effective blocker

97.LSU DT/NT Tyler Shelvin: What we get?
                        • A 346lb NT whom will command double teams and ragdoll centers one-on-one.
                        • Elite run stopper with low mileage and can develop behind Linval Joseph.
                        • Has legit mean streak and finishes plays in a borderline unsportsmanlike penalty way? Check!
                        • Will allow rest of d-line and LBs cleaner pathway to RB or QB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Imho that would be the most ideal situation for us. Realistic due to the amount of QBs and WRs in this year's 1st round. Here's one of my draft mocks for first 3 rounds.

13. South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn: What we get?
                          • 6-1 205lb corner with 4.39 speed and 11.1 board jump. Explosive, physical, fast, alpha competitor "bout' that action" whom and will not back down from any WR.
                          • In 239 coverage snaps in 2020 allowed only 8 receptions. He was only targeted 24 times.
                          • He had 2 interceptions and 6 pass breakups, for a total of 8 forced incompletions.
                          • He was targeted 11 times on third down and allowed 2 receptions for 18 yards while recording both of his interceptions. 11 targets, 2 receptions, 2 interceptions.
                          • 33% catch rate when targeted, #1 in his conference.
                          • -All of the above while in the SEC.

47: Best LT prospect available. What we get? That LT prospect that drops leaving you scratching your head....yeah that guy get him!!!

77.Oklahoma RB Rhamondre Stevenson: What we get?
                          • Big RB with 36% broken tackle rate and averages an elite 3.89 yards after contact.
                          • 8.8 ypc in 2019 and 6.6 ypc in 2020. Fluid footwork and stiffarm with little wasted energy/motion.
                          • Looks natural catching the ball with 11.7 yards per catch.
                          • A willing and effective blocker

97.LSU DT/NT Tyler Shelvin: What we get?
                          • A 346lb NT whom will command double teams and ragdoll centers one-on-one.
                          • Elite run stopper with low mileage and can develop behind Linval Joseph.
                          • Has legit mean streak and finishes plays in a borderline unsportsmanlike penalty way? Check!
                          • Will allow rest of d-line and LBs cleaner pathway to RB or QB.
                          I dont think Tyler Shelvin is the type of NT we are looking for. Those days of the typical ol 3-4 for us w/ Staley are gone....and we wont be playing a 3-4 base all that often but player personel will dictate that more. But from what he did last year, id say no and has been spelled out in here often.

Comment

Working...
                          X