• wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I like SurtainII and Horn equally.
    They are the #1 CBs in the draft.
    And I want one of them.
    But my guess is both will be off the board before pick#13.

If at least 4 QBs are taken in top 12.
    Then 8 non-QB players will be taken
    and Im guessing these 6 are most likely to be gone.
    Sewell-OT
    Pitts-TE
    Chase-WR
    SurtainII-CB
    Horn-CB
    Slater-OT

And then 2 of these players as well
    Farley-CB
    Parsons-LB
    Collins-LB
    Barmore-DL
    Smith-WR
    Rousseau-DE

Critty's good at this kinda stuff.
    We best listen.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

A QB frenzy there will be. Let me count the ways:

1. GMs are frothing and slathering over Herbert and Burrow’s rookie success.

2. Financials are tight. QB contracts allow more liberal spending and/or cap stability.
      3. Next year’s QB crop is dismal at best.

4. Supply and demand. There are more QB needy teams than legit QB prospects.

5. There are more QB needy teams on the horizon (Bucs, Dolphins, Vikings, Giants, Steelers, Packers—reports about Love aren’t good).

For the above-mentioned reasons,
      GMs are extra horny.

Blood in water.
      I do think that NFL teams are seeing the value of QBs on rookie deals and how you can build your team. Granted, the Falcons if they draft a QB will not be the team to learn from

But there are teams that need QB and who knows - the Chargers might have a chance to trade back with one of those teams if the right players are off the board. And to, those players are Horn, Slater and Surtain. I still think Slater is a LT more so than AVT. I think a guy like Darrisaw at 13 is too early. That feels "need" based. But if Telesco does take him - I will applaud him for understanding the team needs a LT.

Comment

• bman6555
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

I like SurtainII and Horn equally.
        They are the #1 CBs in the draft.
        And I want one of them.
        But my guess is both will be off the board before pick#13.

If at least 4 QBs are taken in top 12.
        Then 8 non-QB players will be taken
        and Im guessing these 6 are most likely to be gone.
        Sewell-OT
        Pitts-TE
        Chase-WR
        SurtainII-CB
        Horn-CB
        Slater-OT

And then 2 of these players as well
        Farley-CB
        Parsons-LB
        Collins-LB
        Barmore-DL
        Smith-WR
        Rousseau-DE

I'd move Horn, Slater and Surtain to a separate tier where there is a ~50-75% chance they are gone, but not near locks like Sewell, Pitts, Chase. I'm also kind of surprised you don't have Waddle on the list of players who may be gone, and I'd be very tempted to take him if the board falls to us that way. No it is not a need, but he is a threat that needs to be accounted for and we could always use more of those. I also think there is a decent chance someone comes up for Mac Jones also. Hopefully more QBs and WRs are taken above us letting one of those top CBs fall to us.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          What usually makes a Cb be viewed so high in the draft is the ability to play man to man coverage, and the speed that it takes. However, Staley and Fanzio's scheme is mostly a zone scheme. DB need to be able to run somewhat, but you don't need the ideal man to man coverage ability or speed. A great many teams have gotten good zone corners and S a lot later in the draft.

Ramsey is a good example of how we can mix in a man to man coverage player, but it's not an essential element.
          Hmmm. Agreed. We on the same wavelength, mon.

NE is reportedly trying to trade Stephon Gilmore. He just won DPOY in '19.

I do believe BB is changing up the way he wants to defend the forward pass...cycles of football.

Everybody gonna to try to be like Staley...disguised Two High look.

As mentioned, Ramsey evolved into a Derwinesque STAR role half way thru 2020 at LAR.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
            Don't know what to say but I somewhat agree with Swami Simms...He has Surtain as the #3 CB because he doesn't have elite speed. Horn Doesn't even register in his top 6 CBs. He has Campbell as the #2 CB behind Farely. Question is how bad is Farely's back and if he didn't play this past season why didn't he fix his back six months ago? Anyway fun video for CBs and safeties....

He injured his back lifting. Slight bulge at L5-S1 like 95% of adult population. Had noninvasive procedure so he wouldn’t need to miss time later. It certainly bares keeping an eye on. Just have to trust medical evaluation. He fixed it as soon as it happened.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

I'd move Horn, Slater and Surtain to a separate tier where there is a ~50-75% chance they are gone, but not near locks like Sewell, Pitts, Chase. I'm also kind of surprised you don't have Waddle on the list of players who may be gone, and I'd be very tempted to take him if the board falls to us that way. No it is not a need, but he is a threat that needs to be accounted for and we could always use more of those. I also think there is a decent chance someone comes up for Mac Jones also. Hopefully more QBs and WRs are taken above us letting one of those top CBs fall to us.
              I agree - there seem to be tiers of players and Horn, SLater and Surtain are one tier. Farley might get in that tier if his medicals show okay but just not sure Tommy Telesco can take that chance.

I do think there is a chance that if there is a run on QBs early - somebody will go up for Mac Jones. Hell the Broncos just might take him at 9. I do agree if 5 QBs, three WRS and Pitts are taken, that would help the Chargers as Sewell would be picked as well so that would leave Horn Surtain or Slater.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

I could be very wrong about this, but I have a feeling Waddle may be down the list a bit for many teams at the WR position.
                that teams may have Chase, Smith, Batemon then Waddle and Moore, etc... In some kind of order after Chase, Smith and Batemon.
                Also, I wonder how many are looking at WR in that top 12,. I see teams with more of a need for QB, defense or offense line.
                Only a couple of teams look like WR is in play for them. So I'm guessing only two go off the board in top 12.

​​​​​
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I could be very wrong about this, but I have a feeling Waddle may be down the list a bit for many teams at the WR position.
                  that teams may have Chase, Smith, Batemon then Waddle and Moore, etc... In some kind of order after Chase, Smith and Batemon.
                  Also, I wonder how many are looking at WR in that top 12,. I see teams with more of a need for QB, defense or offense line.
                  Only a couple of teams look like WR is in play for them. So I'm guessing only two go off the board in top 12.

​​​​​
                  You could be correct. I just hope for this year - the Chargers aren't left in that middle position where the players they want are gone; and nobody is willing to come up for decent value. Might be a guy like Parsons if Slater, Horn or Surtain are gone.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

similarity to last year's draft in that the pundit consensus consistently mocked JH to us, and despite that the many if not the most of us were averse to the mixed reviews and risk we saw in Herbie, and now.... the pundit consensus consistently mocks Darrisaw to us, and despite that plenty here are wary of his mixed reviews and perceived risk due to lack of effort/willingness to finish ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      There is officially a theme here
                      instincts vs athleticism
                      I have a feeling Staley will see it my way and bang the table for the best athletes over the most instinctual
                      Maybe less so with some positions but overall I expect top tier athletes being prioritized in both O and D

we shall see
                      Instincts are coveted so i wont completely agree. Something said for being a good football player over a athlete. Football awareness for one, understanding of the game. If you are a athlete with good instincts, you are gold.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You could be correct. I just hope for this year - the Chargers aren't left in that middle position where the players they want are gone; and nobody is willing to come up for decent value. Might be a guy like Parsons if Slater, Horn or Surtain are gone.
                        Lol....we should be that lucky....
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• bman6555
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think it is very likely. Worst case scenario is the top 12 would have to be 4QBs, 2OL, 2CB, 1TE, 2WR, Parsons/3rdWR/Mac Jones leaving us with 2 of those last 3.

Comment

Working...
                          X