• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lol.....apples and oranges. We aren't the Texans....that team is trash, roster, coaches, and front office....Watson and Watt aside....and Watt is gone, while Watson most definitely isn't getting a "Happy Ending"....don't know how you can compare the two.
    They are comparable from this perspective, have a young franchise QB who they want/need to protect and both offensive lines trash.

Purportedly the Ravens asking price is a 1st rd pick, no indication far as I’ve seen any specific number attached to that 1st round pick for OBJ. #13 is certainly in the realm of possibility but that’s only one pick, O’Brian gave up a package deal, involving several other players, usually not mentioned but throw them out of it, 2020 and 2021 (3rd overall) 2020 2nd (Stills) 4th (exchange for Davenport) and 2021 6th.

From there, it all unravels and the players, organization, hope to God, never reach similar proportions of these atrocious, amateur miscalculations of epic proportions.

But I digress, IMO, trading pick #13 for a proven, young franchise LT would be a solid move for both sides, especially the Chargers. Of course there would have to be a cap friendly, long term extension reached with OBJ camp prior to any trade, a trade that rewards him, to be his preferred position LT. Actually think the Chargers would get a discount, bring long term stability to the left side and cohesive OL structure.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
      Houston wanted a premium tackle real bad...spent two firsts to get him. (trade w/Miami)

They proceeded to go 4-12, and their "consolation prize" was watching Miami turn that Tunsil trade bounty into yet MORE first round picks. If some of you Sewell-chasers get your way, we could see a repeat of the story. It's not pretty, and it ain't fun.

Let the draft come to you. Don't chase.
      I am not sold that Sewell is a generational talent. If he turns into one of the top tackles from the last draft, any trade up to lets say #6 would be a good deal
      I'm curious if Thibodeaux went up against Sewell in practice at Oregon (2019): who could possibly have that info on how things faired?

Comment

• Boltsfan70
        East Coast Chargers Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
        • Send PM

I would be willing to send next years 1 for OBJ also. But must be able to get a long term deal made first. How much would that open the draft up for us this year?
        Last edited by Boltsfan70; 04-06-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          I still say Bengals and Panthers do NOT go OT at their current top 10 spots.

Bengals
          --Jonah Williams
          --Riley Reiff
          --Hakeem Adeniji

Panthers
          --Taylor Moton
          --Cam Erving
          --Greg Little
          I agree with the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow wants Chase( or possibly even Pitts?).

Carolina has a lot of needs, so they could pick anybody( Parsons, Pitts, Slater, Sewell, etc)

Regardless, I'm not trading 4 picks for Sewell or Slater.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I agree with the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow wants Chase( or possibly even Pitts?).

Carolina has a lot of needs, so they could pick anybody( Parsons, Pitts, Slater, Sewell, etc)

Regardless, I'm not trading 4 picks for Sewell or Slater.
              Agreed - would be very disappointed if the Chargers did. If one of those two players get to 10 and with the Cowboys its their first 3rd rounder - maybe; f to the Giants for their comp pick - sure

I still like the idea - if Horn, Slater, Surtain are off the board and the WFTs want to come up 6 spots - get their second rounder. Easy as can be. Probably can get Teven J or Walker Little at 19 and have two seconds and two thirds. Thats stout right there!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I am not sold that Sewell is a generational talent. If he turns into one of the top tackles from the last draft, any trade up to lets say #6 would be a good deal
                I'm curious if Thibodeaux went up against Sewell in practice at Oregon (2019): who could possibly have that info on how things faired?
                I’m sure they did in practice at some points but as both were starters , they go up against the scout/prep team mostly.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Gavino Borquez
                  April 6, 2021 7:00 am
                  With Pro Days across the nation nearing an end, NFL teams are using the athletic testing numbers to finalize their draft boards.

For some prospects, their stocks improved after their athleticism shined, while some saw theirs drop a little bit after showing to not be as athletic as their tape might have displayed.

For a team like the Chargers that covets athleticism, here’s a look at five prospects who improved their stocks at their Pro Days:

Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

The Chargers are in need of another starting boundary corner and while they could’ve been considering one in Round 1, Horn had to have been a guy who flew up their boards after testing.

Coming in at 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds with 33-inch arms, Horn ran the 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds. He also impressed with a 41.5-inch vertical jump, a 11’1″ broad jump and 19 reps on the bench press.

Comfortable primarily in press-man coverage, Horn is the type of playmaker who would do wonders in the secondary due to his combination of size, athleticism, competitiveness, football IQ, smoothness and ball skills.
                  Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

The Chargers are in search of their left tackle of the future and one name who isn’t in consideration as much anymore is Cosmi’s. However, after some his Pro Day, the team might have him high on their draft boards.

Cosmi measured in at just nearly 6-foot-6 and 314 pounds, with 33 inch arms. He then ran a blazing 4.85 40 yard dash; with a ten-yard slit at 1.68 seconds, and his 20-yard at 2.75 seconds.

He jumped nearly 10 feet in his broad jump and 30 inches in his vertical jump, then capping his day off with 36 reps on the bench press.

Cosmi’s pass-blocking technique will need to improve and he will need to get stronger, but due to his length, natural balance, athleticism, and movement skills, he has a high ceiling.

Spencer Brown, OT, Northern IowaKendrick Green, IOL, Illinois

The Chargers need to address the interior part of the offensive line to shore up the depth with players who are capable of being called upon when needed to start, early on and down the road. Green could be one of those guys.

Coming in at 6-foot-4 and 315 pounds, Green ran the 40-yard dash in 4.85 seconds, posted 25 reps on the bench press, along with pulling off a pair of impressive jumps, with those being a 35.5-inch vertical and a 9-foot-11 broad.

On the field, Green has good movement skills, is as durable as it gets and plays with a nasty disposition. While his pass protection is still a work in progress, he has the foot quickness, core strength and explosiveness up front to be impactful.

Green projects to be a strong contributor inside, either at center or guard. It may take him a year to carve up a starting role, but given his physical tools and willingness to take it to his opponents in the passing and running game, he profiles well to the next level.

Elerson Smith, EDGE, Northern Iowa

Smith, a former teammate of Brown, also had a phenomenal showing on the same turf.

The 6-foot-6 and 252 pounder, who came in with 33 1/4″ arms, touched 41.5 inches in the vertical jump, 10-feet-7-inches in the broad, and completed 26 reps on the bench. He had a 40 time of 4.69 seconds, with seven seconds flat being his three-cone mark.

Smith has all the traits at the position that head coach Brandon Staley covets with his outside linebackers; length, explosive ability and athleticism. Smith could benefit from adding more mass, but overall, he has the traits to be a reliable rotational defender, with starting upside for L.A.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    I think that even if Atlanta decides they don’t want a QB, they’d be foolish to stay at four and take a non-QB. It’s a lock that QBs go 1-2-3. I think it’s highly likely that they go 1-2-3-4. Then it comes down to the Bengals. If they want Sewell at 5, it’s not meant to be. But I think they’re gonna go Chase, and the Dolphins will go Pitts. Detroit is where we should be looking at a trade up, and if not Detroit, they’re gonna go WR. So then we try to make a move with Carolina.

The point is, I think that if we want Sewell, there’s a strong chance he slips to at least 7 or 8, and the trade up there is gonna be less. And if we’re bidding against another team for a trade up, it’s probably gonna be a team going’s after the fifth QB.
                    Thats what ive been proposing and it will cost much less to do so. Id like to get ahead of Carolina and others for Sewel.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats what ive been proposing and it will cost much less to do so. Id like to get ahead of Carolina and others for Sewel.
                      Probably dont make that trade until hes sitting there though right? lol I bet it still costs a 1 next year as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Surely Atlanta will take a QB, right?
                        Anyone who watched Matt Ryan against our D last year knows the Falcons are desperate for an upgrade.
                        At the time I was questioning if he was actually throwing the game - he was THAT bad!
                        Regardless of dead cap space, Ryan gives them no chance. Cheaper to pay him off then waste 3 more years with him at the controls.
                        Id agree but they screwed themselves with his contract and restructuring it.Their best out from it is 2023 when he carries a 15 mil dead cap but they save 28 mil but he sure is rolling in bank with the bonuses.

From OTC:

Ryan restructured his contract at the end of the 2019 season to convert $12 million of 2020 salary into a bonus. The move creates $9.375 million in 2020 cap space while increasing Ryan's cap charges by $3.125 million in the final three years of the contract.

The Falcons converted $21 million of his $23 million salary into a signing bonus to save $14 million in cap space per Zach Klein. The move increases Ryan's cap charges by $7 million in each of the 2022 and 2023 league years.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Probably dont make that trade until hes sitting there though right? lol I bet it still costs a 1 next year as well.
                          Yes...and i said that. Wait til Atlanta does their thing and Cinci does theirs which i think is drafting Chase. Miami i think is targeting Pitts or one of Tua's former WRs. And have that deal ready before hand so you dont negociate the trade on the clock.

Comment

Working...
                          X