• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

I think if we stay at #13 our pick will be either...provided Slater is gone Darrisaw or Horn/Farley....whichever is there.

There is a chance Parsons is there as well if the QB frenzy comes about and Denver joins in that frenzy. Then depends what Dallas does. They could get Slater or Parsons.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Seems like everyone is echoing the same theme, teams are drafting for needs, either QB hungry, for low cost rookie contracts or corners who fit two high scheme. That would leave several BPA’s on the board #13. As was mentioned, Parsons would be one and Waddle another. Do you think Staley would prefer to address this defense over offense if both players grade out equally as transcending talent?

Comment

• bman6555
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Seems like everyone is echoing the same theme, teams are drafting for needs, either QB hungry, for low cost rookie contracts or corners who fit two high scheme. That would leave several BPA’s on the board #13. As was mentioned, Parsons would be one and Waddle another. Do you think Staley would prefer to address this defense over offense if both players grade out equally as transcending talent?
        If all things are equal I'd go with the WR, not because of scheme fit, just because of cap replacement cost. You can spend 8-10 mil and get a very good non-pass rushing LB, hard to do that and get the same quality of WR, you'd be more looking at 12-15 mil. Based on the franchise tag values, WR comes in as the third most spent on position after QB and DE.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          I think the draft will be both sides of the ball. OT and CB are needs now. Possibly S. But longer term, might want another Edge, IDL, IOL and TE.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Farley 40

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
              Holy smokes that was fast! Here’s the million dollar question... did he take any pain reliever shots prior to the run? I’ve seen injured players like these before that ended up sitting out their first year. Let’s just use adderley as an example.
              Last edited by CivilBolt; 03-29-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick an Edge player with #13. Rams used Donald/Floyd to overwhelm RT and RG. Bears used Mack/Floyd in the same way.

Bosa/Ojulari...?
                Bosa/Paye...?

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I could be very wrong about this, but I have a feeling Waddle may be down the list a bit for many teams at the WR position.
                  that teams may have Chase, Smith, Batemon then Waddle and Moore, etc... In some kind of order after Chase, Smith and Batemon.
                  Also, I wonder how many are looking at WR in that top 12,. I see teams with more of a need for QB, defense or offense line.
                  Only a couple of teams look like WR is in play for them. So I'm guessing only two go off the board in top 12.

​​​​​

It seems very likely that Miami and Detroit will be in the market for a WR. Same for Philly (or Pitts for them). Then there’s the word that Burrow is actively campaigning for Chase to the Bengals at 5. If that happens, that’d be great for us, because then Sewell possibly starts to slide which gives us a chance to move up and grab him for a reasonable price or get Slater at 13.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

That had the camera setup and seemed like a more legit 40 time. In that video of Chris Simms, he talks about how pro day 40 times are done with a stop watch and not lasers and thus usually 0.1 to 0.15 below what their time would be at the combine.

If he can stay healthy, Farley is the best CB in the draft. I could live with him at 13. It’d be a gamble, but one I could live with.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        Both seasons he played he averaged less than two catches a game. He’s raw. But he has some decent physical tools. He won’t be much as a rookie, but he could develop in a couple years.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Maybe I’m wrong, but a few years ago wasn't the prevailing opinion on this board that first round CBs were a waste of a high pick? That they were better chosen later in the draft?
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X