• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Who is giving up their 2nd round pick to move up 4-5 spots?
    I believe it makes more sense to use a 2 and a 3 to move back into the late first. We get a top OLT and CB in that scenario. And only “lose” a 3.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

A good OT can function in any O - no?

I tried to get into Darrisaw, but after watching more film i always run into something i don't like (and the issue isn't effort).
      I didn't like how Virginia Tech kept on aligning the tight end to his left against Notre Dame in 2019; the few times he was asked to handle the edge rusher he got beat at least twice.

Didn't move his feet.
      It’s important to watch his 2019 tape, but every analyst says Darrisaw elevated his game to new heights in 2020.

A lot of people point to the Miami game, but his best film was vs. UNC, who were ranked #8 at the time.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I see the Panthers pick LT more than ever at 8. Greg Little failed to fill in for Okung and got supplanted by Trent Scott.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I don’t trust Bulaga to play more than 8 games this year. So we almost need two potential starters from the draft. To not get one would be negligent.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            I see the Panthers pick LT more than ever at 8. Greg Little failed to fill in for Okung and got supplanted by Trent Scott.
            Could be. Little only started 3 games last season but got hurt late Nov and went on IR in Dec. Scott started 2 of those games.

IF we want Sewell gonna have to trade up to #7 ...maybe for Slater as well unless they like Darrisaw and Little as much after Carolina drafts a OT.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              I don’t trust Bulaga to play more than 8 games this year. So we almost need two potential starters from the draft. To not get one would be negligent.
              AGreed Its why I think Telesco needs to draft three OL in this draft. OT for sure; an interior OL in rounds 3-5 and in Round 6 with one of the two picks, go back to OL

Feiler has played RT so besides Storm and Pip - that might be better depth. But than the team would need an OG. I think Telesco will sign a veteran post draft depending on where they need more depth. Warford for OG perhaps; plenty of OT options.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Medical testing on tap for top prospects … Nothing formal has been announced but we believe that this is the weekend that 150 or so of the top prospects for the 2021 draft will be asked to go to Indianapolis for final medical tests before the draft. It is also believed that each individual NFL team will be allowed to have some of their own medical people to participate in the testing. In the past every prospect underwent a battery of tests at the combine, but of course this year there was no combine, although most players did undergo some medical testing by 3rd party doctors in their region early last month. Needless to say, these tests are particularly important for players who have had recent injuries or health issues such as Alabama WR Jaylen Waddle (foot) Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley (back)

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Trade up interest in TE Pitts … While most of the focus on the top ten of the 2021 draft, now just 22 days away has been on the QBs, there is a bit of a buzz around the league that there could be potentially some teams interested in moving up to acquire Florida TE Kyle Pitts. As a nominal TE, Pitts plays a position that’s not normally a big seller early in the draft, but he’s just a talented big-play prospect who has the potential to a major mismatch problem at the next level. In fact, ESPN’s Mel Kiper and Daniel Jeremiah, the NFL Network’s lead draft analyst both rate Pitts as the second best overall prospect in this year’s draft class here and here respectively. Pitts is expected to come off the board somewhere between the 4th and 7th picks on the 29th this month after QBs go 1-2-3. And Atlanta and Detroit, with the 4th and 7th picks respectively, have both suggested they’d be willing to trade down, presumably for a QB, but it is believed that several teams a little farther down the top ten, including Dallas at #10 and the Giants at #11, are very intrigued by Pitts’ skill set. Is that interest enough to generate some legit trade consideration. Time will tell! Stay tuned!

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

‘On the whole I really would rather be in Cleveland’ … Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, who will be the first player selected at the 2021 draft, has already said that he won’t be attending this year draft in Cleveland; instead, he’ll be watching the draft with his family at home. However, the NFL has announced that ten players have accepted invitations to attend this year’s draft including four from national champion Alabama, including QB Mac Jones, WR Devonta Smith, CB Patrick Surtain and DT Christian Barmore. The other players who have accepted invitations include LSU WR Ja’Marr Chase, Florida TE Kyle Pitts, Penn State LB Micah Parsons, North Dakota State QB Trey Lance, Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley, and Miami DE Greg Rousseau. At the same time, we presume that several other top prospects like QBs Zack Wilson of BYU and Justin Fields of Ohio State, and Oregon OT Penei Sewell simply haven’t responded as of yet.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Three weeks and counting to go … The start of the NFL draft is just three weeks away. That’s 21 days and counting. And we don’t know whether its because of covid or whatever, but there’s really not a whole lot of buzz out there right now. There are a couple of players, though, that people are talking about as potential top ten surprises in South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn and Penn State DE Jayson Oweh after really athletic performances at their respective pro days. And while it would be a huge upset, there are some whispers that Horn could actually be the first corner off the board on the 29th. At 6-0, 205 with 33-inch arms, Horn is the prototype size for an NFL press corner and while he still isn’t as technically polished as Alabama’s Patrick Surtain, the consensus #1 CB in this year’s draft, Horn is a better athlete who ran a 4.39 40 at his combine last month while posting explosive leaps of 41.5 in the vertical and 11-1 in the long jump. The production was there too this past season, as he limited his opponents to less than a 35% completion rate. Meanwhile, Oweh is the poster child for the draft homily that ‘you don’t draft players to play in college!’ after he went sackless in 2020. Oweh, though, was just a redshirt sophomore that did have an impressive enough 7 sacks as a rotational player as a freshman. Oweh is also a generational type athlete for a DE. He’s 6-5, 257 with impressive 34.5-inch arms and ran an off-the-charts 4.36 40 at the Lions’ pro day while he also posted a 3-cone drill time of 6.83 seconds that would have been a full three-tenths faster than the fastest figure for DEs at last year’s combine. As they say in the trades, ‘time will tell!’ Hang in there!

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Oregon's Penei Sewell and Northwestern's Rashawn Slater are the top tackles in this class; where does everybody else match up?

i thought this was a nice summary on top 11 offensive tackles. Some good points about Slater for some saying his short arms could be an issue for nfl left tackle

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Possible...but in addition to what BJ said, they also added Cameron Erving to the group....that may not be a priority with some of the other Blue chip players they could nab there, and they could easily add some competition in the second.

In fact, a lot of the teams ahead of us have tackles...could they upgrade? In some cases, yes...but I think Sewell sliding down to us is not outrageous...tackle class is deep, and there are some really good players other than tackle available. Pitts, Chase, Surtain....Horn is getting a lot of buzz, possibly 5 QBs...Parsons is a dynamite prospect as well. Hell, if we end up trading ahead, it might not be because we are worried someone ahead of us will take him, but rather to preempt a team like the Vikings from pulling an end run on us...

One more darkhorse candidate for the top 10 to think about...Phillips. Edge is always a top priority, always on teams minds...and he had a fantastic pro day....

I may be in the minority here, but I think Sewell sliding outside the top ten is more probable than people realize, due to the QB frenzy feeding, the plethora of star talent on defense and offensive skill players, and the depth of the tackle class...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X