• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/top-11-offe...6.html?src=rss

i thought this was a nice summary on top 11 offensive tackles. Some good points about Slater for some saying his short arms could be an issue for nfl left tackle
    good write up
    thanks for posting

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

i thought this was a nice summary on top 11 offensive tackles. Some good points about Slater for some saying his short arms could be an issue for nfl left tackle
      Good read. Thanks.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Id be surprised if Sewell slipped beyond 8. Slater yes to 13 as he seems to have minor knocks on him but Sewell seems a rare LT talent and more of a sure thing and OL are in demand this year more than others. Who knows but i think Sewell is long gone by our pick.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

I’ve seen people questioning his work ethic. Article clearly states work ethic not an issue with him “He’s a Warrior”. I’m a Hokie diehard, I’m going to defend him. I’m not advocating we pick him but I find it a trip when people say things about him I know aren’t true. His teammates look up to him for his work effort. I’ve heard people say he struggles to get to secondary and offline blocks. He’s actually pretty damn good at it. VT offense is all about QB deciding at last minute to hit his read or run. He isn’t supposed to be firing to next level off the snap. I won’t lose any sleep if we take him. Of course he will start sucking because the Telesco OL Curse worse than the Cover of Madden Curse

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

AGreed Its why I think Telesco needs to draft three OL in this draft. OT for sure; an interior OL in rounds 3-5 and in Round 6 with one of the two picks, go back to OL

Feiler has played RT so besides Storm and Pip - that might be better depth. But than the team would need an OG. I think Telesco will sign a veteran post draft depending on where they need more depth. Warford for OG perhaps; plenty of OT options.
            This is why a player like Creed Humphrey is still in play for us in round 2.
            Hate moving guys off their best spot but that kid just stands toe to toe with anybody and holds his own. He'd be a fine G if Feiler were moved to RT.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              it is believed that several teams a little farther down the top ten, including Dallas at #10 and the Giants at #11, are very intrigued by Pitts’ skill set. Is that interest enough to generate some legit trade consideration.
              I read that Jerry Jones is obsessed with Pitts. And what Jerry want Jerry gets. Especially now that he’s almost 80. Would not be surprised to see Dallas make a power move to #4.

It’d be a positive for us as the Cowboys would otherwise be looking at CB or OT. Keeping the Falcons below us is probably good too. They have OTs.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I believe it makes more sense to use a 2 and a 3 to move back into the late first. We get a top OLT and CB in that scenario. And only “lose” a 3.
                This makes far more sense than giving up 2's and future 1's to grab Sewell at 5 or 6.
                If we take a CB at 13, and T's are flying off the board late in round 1, early 2nd, moving up 10 spots or less shouldn't cost major capital.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I read that Jerry Jones is obsessed with Pitts. And what Jerry want Jerry gets. Especially now that he’s almost 80. Would not be surprised to see Dallas make a power move to #4.
                  Extremely offensive minded man. They could flip us Schultz and id be fine with that.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

This makes far more sense than giving up 2's and future 1's to grab Sewell at 5 or 6.
                    If we take a CB at 13, and T's are flying off the board late in round 1, early 2nd, moving up 10 spots or less shouldn't cost major capital.
                    Never been a fan of trading 1s; 2s are bad enough. Maybe a 3rd this year and 2nd next year. But that's not enough to move up 7-8 spots. So I say stay put.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Ok this guy hit it for me RE: Darrisaw. He is solid well rounded player clearly a mid first rounder. Is he value at 13? If you need an LT and don’t want to break the bank trading up there is a case to be made. I said before I that as a Hokie fan I thought Darrisaw was a safer pick than Farley even if Farley has a higher ceiling and may be drafted first. Darrisaw is being heavily scouted by WFT. He will be picked somewhere between 13-19 I would guess. A lot happens on draft day and we usually see GM’s not quite following the opinions of the keyboard scouts. I still think even with back procedure Farley won’t drop much. His med films apparently not bad. He’s a freak athlete with ideal big corner measurables. If the med risk is low someone will turn in the ticket

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Eichenberg and a couple others have Covid.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Based on the draft point chart - using the Chargers comp 3rd round pick could the Chargers to Miami and pick at pick 36

IF they offer pick 77, that would get them too to Green Bay at the bottom of Round 1. So similar to getting Murray last year.
                          I guess Telesco will have to be prepared as who knows how this draft will go.

Comment

Working...
                          X