• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

A poster from the other Charger fan forum pretty much expresses my sentiments about Telesco's off season moves:

"We are getting boxed in at too many positions, and I'm not happy about it. CB, OT, Edge, etc. We can't get them all in the first round. OT and Edge are super draft value. Hot ones go first. By the 45th pick, we'll be pissing in wind, which I do every Thursday anyway."

And today is Thursday - stay upwind: keep safe, keep dry.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      A poster from the other Charger fan forum pretty much expresses my sentiments about Telesco's off season moves:

"We are getting boxed in at too many positions, and I'm not happy about it. CB, OT, Edge, etc. We can't get them all in the first round. OT and Edge are super draft value. Hot ones go first. By the 45th pick, we'll be pissing in wind, which I do every Thursday anyway."

I agree the Chargers need LT, CB and Edge from this draft. But Telesco could not try to peanut butter spread this offseason to me. He had to gut job the OLine and rebuild it. Which is where the bulk of the money went too. Also with Fackrell and Smith, some to special teams though Fackrell is also a situational pass rusher.

So yes, the Chargers will not be able to draft three players in the first round but they should be able to get OT, CB and Edge by the 4th round - which can be good players.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan

If Freak doesn't like it
        that's too bad.
        Ah yes, good old Freak from that other place...the one who claimed to be emperor and demanded we all bow to him...

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hogwash. The draft is deep at edge and CB. Everyone thinks starters only come out of the first two rounds and that's just not the case.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ah yes, good old Freak from that other place...the one who claimed to be emperor and demanded we all bow to him...
            Can someone be banned here for criticizing Freak? Ballsy!

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Hogwash. The draft is deep at edge and CB. Everyone thinks starters only come out of the first two rounds and that's just not the case.
              tight end, guard, safety, running back, defensive tackle, ...?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I would guess Telesco considers this a two year rebuild.
                He will draft the superior player among the many positions of need,
                and sign a few vets to 1 year contracts with the unspent money
                in an attempt to fill the final holes.

Since a DT takes longer to develop,
                I wouldn't be surprised if they select someone like Bobby Brown in the 3rd round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

This post ends up distorting the intention of my post it quoted.

I immediately did a soft delete with an explananation including humorous overtones, but my soft delete is no longer displayed herein.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they select someone like Bobby Brown in the 3rd round.
                    Exactly right. Good year to take a DT since Joseph has one year left; Justin Jones does too but my guess they sign him longer term. But yes, make sure you get LT and CB this draft. And just start adding other players for depth this year. Supplement with one year veterans to bridge this year to next. And 2022 should add to the core of the roster to really make a strong push the next few years with Herbert

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Develop him under Linval's experience.

"Too hot to handle, too cold to hold, they're called Ghostbusters and they're in control" -Bobby Brown.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I also wondered if Humphrey's left-handedness would be a liability for a right-handed QB...then, there's his past injury issues...
                        Hasnt been in college and dont know why it would. In the end the ball gets in his hands the same way. Ive seen others before question a WR catching a ball from a lefthanded QB. Really? lol. That might be a problem but catching a punt isnt in question?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Screw that guy! He is where he belongs.

Comment

Working...
                          X