Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It was $6 million per year average and a PFF rating of 64.1 I believe
    Ah...makes more sense but i still doubt TT will bring him back. He didnt trade him for a 6th for nothing. There is a lot more to it.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ah...makes more sense but i still doubt TT will bring him back. He didnt trade him for a 6th for nothing. There is a lot more to it.
      Who said anything about TT doing anything for the Chargers next year but cleaning out his desk.
      I'm also showing Gus the door.
      All Desmond ever wanted to do was play... during the last year of his contract.
      Was he a malcontent... or a professional pursuing financial stability...?
      I like confident players... as long as they're not over-confident.
      There is no reason to be paying older CB's $11 million dollars/year when you can get younger CB's for half of that.
      Saved cap space on 4 descending players (Turner, Williams, Harris, Hayward) could translate into 8 young ascending players.
      As of today, we have only 32 players on next year's roster...
      Even if all 9 draft picks make the roster (doubtful) you still have 12 roster spots to fill.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

As I mentioned, Chargers have 32 players on next year's roster. That's 21 open roster spots to fill... with only 9 draft picks.

Building a roster (steps 1-5)

1. Start with your available cap and your signed players. Depending on how you evaluate RFA's and ERFA's... that's $29 mil / 36 players... or $34 miil / 32 players. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...gers/cap/2021/
        2. Pre free agency, tag or sign your own free agents so they never hit the market
        3. Decide on Mike Williams 5th year option ($15.6 million)
        4. Sign FA's that hit the market (March 17). Cut overpriced FA's (Turner, Hayward, Harris...?) as you sign FA's from other clubs.
        5. Draft

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Who said anything about TT doing anything for the Chargers next year but cleaning out his desk.
          I'm also showing Gus the door.
          All Desmond ever wanted to do was play... during the last year of his contract.
          Was he a malcontent... or a professional pursuing financial stability...?
          I like confident players... as long as they're not over-confident.
          There is no reason to be paying older CB's $11 million dollars/year when you can get younger CB's for half of that.
          Saved cap space on 4 descending players (Turner, Williams, Harris, Hayward) could translate into 8 young ascending players.
          As of today, we have only 32 players on next year's roster...
          Even if all 9 draft picks make the roster (doubtful) you still have 12 roster spots to fill.
          It's all speculation and nobody knows but I doubt King is a target to bring back. Somebody or somebody's had an issue with him, we just don't know who or how many.

I liked King but there has to be more than meets the eye here.
          Has any player ever been traded and then brought back the next season? We do seem to have a lot of firsts in the league buts it's usually for bad play.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Desmond King
            Capture1.JPG

there are some high completion percentage and yac
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's all speculation and nobody knows but I doubt King is a target to bring back. Somebody or somebody's had an issue with him, we just don't know who or how many.

I liked King but there has to be more than meets the eye here.
              Has any player ever been traded and then brought back the next season? We do seem to have a lot of firsts in the league buts it's usually for bad play.
              Of course it's all speculation... it's the purpose of this whole thread.
              Tennessee had no interest in King... until Adoree Jackson got hurt.
              Titans have 33 players signed for next year... but only $6.5 million cap space (about what it takes to sign draft picks).
              Titans could cut Adoree Jackson after offering 5th year option ($10.2 mil savings) and use that savings to re-sign King.
              But then Adoree Jackson replaces King on my FA list (and probably cheaper).

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Michael Davis, hope they resign him. Numbers say he needs to work on his tackling a bit.

Capture2.JPG

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

And before we get too caught up in an official Desmond King "will he/won't he" conversation... my bigger point was: there are a bunch of young FA CB's about to hit free agency... would it make sense to sign some for mid-level pay for long term... and save yourself cap space by cutting declining/older CB's that are on short, end-of-career contracts...?

Next on my agenda... rebuild the OL...

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Hayward
                    Capture3.JPG

Harris
                    Capture4.JPG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Of course it's all speculation... it's the purpose of this whole thread.
                      Tennessee had no interest in King... until Adoree Jackson got hurt.
                      Titans have 33 players signed for next year... but only $6.5 million cap space (about what it takes to sign draft picks).
                      Titans could cut Adoree Jackson after offering 5th year option ($10.2 mil savings) and use that savings to re-sign King.
                      But then Adoree Jackson replaces King on my FA list (and probably cheaper).
                      Which is fine if you dont mind being unrealistic. King isnt coming back to us.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

If they cut Harris and or Hayward. Think Jackson III or Griffin or Darby could work out well to get younger. Definitely should Resign M.Davis.

Ronald Darby
                        Capture5.JPG

William Jackson III
                        Capture7.JPG

Shaq Griffin
                        Capture8.JPG

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          If they cut Harris and or Hayward. Think Jackson III or Griffin or Darby could work out well to get younger. Definitely should Resign M.Davis.

Ronald Darby
                          Capture5.JPG

William Jackson III
                          Capture7.JPG

Shaq Griffin
                          Capture8.JPG
                          Add Dennard, Hilton, and Moreau
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery