• La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Certainly.
    In my “roster build”, I have Nasir competing at NCB along with DS.
    That is my thinking too as in my mocks there are safeties galore to be had in the 4th and 5th rounds. I have not looked at them real hard but I did notice that trend early.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

That is my thinking too as in my mocks there are safeties galore to be had in the 4th and 5th rounds. I have not looked at them real hard but I did notice that trend early.
      Indeed. There are quite a few day 3 DS I like in this draft.
      Divine Deablo (DS/DLB) VT - 6’3” / 225# and he can play both FS/SS.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Indeed. There are quite a few day 3 DS I like in this draft.
        Divine Deablo (DS/DLB) VT - 6’3” / 225# and he can play both FS/SS.
        Lemme ask you....I know your big on Farley in the 1st...I like him too, and agree a position like shutdown CB is a good place to invest a 1st round pick...but if Surtain and Farley are gone...do you think Jaycee Horn is worth a top 15 pick? Depending on who else is still on the board, sure...but can he be that guy? Awful tempted to put him in my first round cluster...
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lemme ask you....I know your big on Farley in the 1st...I like him too, and agree a position like shutdown CB is a good place to invest a 1st round pick...but if Surtain and Farley are gone...do you think Jaycee Horn is worth a top 15 pick? Depending on who else is still on the board, sure...but can he be that guy? Awful tempted to put him in my first round cluster...
          I have Eric Stokes, Robert Rochell, Shaun Wade, and my sleeper Zyon McCollum ahead of Jaycee on my board. Like him late round 2 / round 3.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I have Eric Stokes, Robert Rochell, Shaun Wade, and my sleeper Zyon McCollum ahead of Jaycee on my board. Like him late round 2 / round 3.
            Kendrick sure don't look good tonight.
            Wade showing well and he was one I wanted to see more of tonight.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

No kidding? Hard for me to eval DBs...QBs and oline easy, they are center of camera on every play...you get to see them every snap...but DBs...you can't see when they cover good or screw up if they aren't targeted..I'm strictly a youtube scout, lol...

So with players like DBs and receivers, it's about stats and consensus scouting reports...and fellow forum member takes!
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Zyon ?
                Stopped following Sam Houston State football in '18.
                :lol:
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Zyon ?
                  Stopped following Sam Houston State football in '18.
                  :lol:
                  You shouldn’t have. I like PJ Hall in this season’s FA.

Zyon has elite size (6’4”/200#), speed (4.4s), athleticism, physical, big hitter, and ballskills (9 INTs in 3 years).

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

You shouldn’t have. I like PJ Hall in this season’s FA.

Zyon has elite size (6’4”/200#), speed (4.4s), athleticism, physical, big hitter, and ballskills (9 INTs in 3 years).
                    Compliments to Draft Wizard ninja.

Are you considering pulling the trigger on Israel, slotted for us nicely with one of our Round Threes ?
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

A little research on CB's (ours and 2021 FA's)

Name/salary/PFF: (I understand PFF scores are debatable. I use only as an outside source... if you have your own evaluations, I'd love to hear them)

Ours:
                      Mike Davis / 6 mil / 62.1 He's a free a gent at year's end. 26 years old and improving every year so far. Mike's salary is an estimate only.
                      Chris Harris / 11.25 mil / 63.4 One year left on his contract. 31 years old. If cut, 3.75 mil dead cap (7.5 mil savings).
                      Casey Hayward / 11.75 / 59.5 One year left on his contract. 31 years old. If cut, 2 mil dead cap (9.75 mil savings).
                      ** I think the lack of pass rush negatively affected these players performance this year.

2021 FA's:
                      Cameron Sutton / 7 mil / 70.1 He's 25 years old. I use Sutton as a salary guage as Spotrac estimates his salary (based upon production, comps, and age).
                      Desmond King / 6 mil / 64.7 He's 26 years old. I have no idea if he would consider coming back. Used Desmond as another Spotrac salary guage.
                      Darqueeze Dennard / 6.5 mil / 66.0 He's 29 years old. He's the CB drafted 1 spot ahead of Jason Verrett. Was just OK for Cinci. Improved for ATL.
                      Mike Hilton / 7 mil / 69.4 He's 27 years old. Undrafted because of size (5'9") slot corner.
                      Shaquille Griffin / 6.5 mil / 67.1 He's 26 years old. Has good speed/size.
                      Troy Hill / 7 mil / 69.9 He's 30 years old (oldest of the CB's I've listed). Undrafted. Very productive for the Rams this year.
                      Bashaud Breeland / 6.5 mil / 67.7 He's 29 years old. I liked him out of college. Took a while to develop. Older than many on my list.
                      ** There are plenty more FA cornerbacks... but I targeted these CB's for two reasons. First, they're relatively young and improving. Secondly, they play for teams that have cap problems next year (PIT/TEN/ATL/SEA/LAR/KC) and are almost assuredly not going to be re-signed and will hit the open market.

What do you guys think...?

PROS: Affordable, youing, long term. About $1-4 million in cap savings.
                      CONS: Might not fit system and may have benefitted from scheme/pass rush.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        A little research on CB's (ours and 2021 FA's)

Name/salary/PFF: (I understand PFF scores are debatable. I use only as an outside source... if you have your own evaluations, I'd love to hear them)

Ours:
                        Mike Davis / 6 mil / 62.1 He's a free a gent at year's end. 26 years old and improving every year so far. Mike's salary is an estimate only.
                        Chris Harris / 11.25 mil / 63.4 One year left on his contract. 31 years old. If cut, 3.75 mil dead cap (7.5 mil savings).
                        Casey Hayward / 11.75 / 59.5 One year left on his contract. 31 years old. If cut, 2 mil dead cap (9.75 mil savings).
                        ** I think the lack of pass rush negatively affected these players performance this year.

2021 FA's:
                        Cameron Sutton / 7 mil / 70.1 He's 25 years old. I use Sutton as a salary guage as Spotrac estimates his salary (based upon production, comps, and age).
                        Desmond King / 6 mil / 64.7 He's 26 years old. I have no idea if he would consider coming back. Used Desmond as another Spotrac salary guage.
                        Darqueeze Dennard / 6.5 mil / 66.0 He's 29 years old. He's the CB drafted 1 spot ahead of Jason Verrett. Was just OK for Cinci. Improved for ATL.
                        Mike Hilton / 7 mil / 69.4 He's 27 years old. Undrafted because of size (5'9") slot corner.
                        Shaquille Griffin / 6.5 mil / 67.1 He's 26 years old. Has good speed/size.
                        Troy Hill / 7 mil / 69.9 He's 30 years old (oldest of the CB's I've listed). Undrafted. Very productive for the Rams this year.
                        Bashaud Breeland / 6.5 mil / 67.7 He's 29 years old. I liked him out of college. Took a while to develop. Older than many on my list.
                        ** There are plenty more FA cornerbacks... but I targeted these CB's for two reasons. First, they're relatively young and improving. Secondly, they play for teams that have cap problems next year (PIT/TEN/ATL/SEA/LAR/KC) and are almost assuredly not going to be re-signed and will hit the open market.

What do you guys think...?

PROS: Affordable, youing, long term. About $1-4 million in cap savings.
                        CONS: Might not fit system and may have benefitted from scheme/pass rush.
                        King isnt worth 6 years/64 million, sorry. I liked him but not that much. And doubt since Telesco traded him, that he wants him back for 64 million
                        Kinda bizarre you think that has legs.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

King isnt worth 6 years/64 million, sorry. I liked him but not that much. And doubt since Telesco traded him, that he wants him back for 64 million
                          Kinda bizarre you think that has legs.
                          It was $6 million per year average and a PFF rating of 64.1 I believe

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X