• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Depending on the RFA tender the Patriots give JC Jackson......i might steal him. Even for a second round tender.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

A little research on IOL's (ours and 2021 FA's)

Name/salary/PFF: (I understand PFF scores are debatable. I use only as an outside source... if you have your own evaluations, I'd love to hear them)

Ours:
      Scott Quessenberry / 1 mil / 54.7 Signed for next year but seldomly used this year (24 snaps).
      Trai Turner / 11.5 mil / 34.9 Signed for next year but none of the 11.5 million is guaranteed... by design? Hurt and ineffective most of the year.
      Trey Pipkins / 1.1 mil / 49.6 Signed for 2 years. Not a big fan. The only upside is he's cheap and allegedly developing.
      Cole Toner / 1-2 mil / 61.6 To compete with Quessenberry for a backup/roster spot...?
      Ryan Groy / 1-2 mil / 57.7 Early in the season, Campen started Groy over Toner and Quessenberry. Re-sign for backup/roster spot vs Toner/Quessenberry...?
      Dan Feeney / 1-2 mil / 47.0 Such a disappointment. I liked him out of college. Has not developed.
      Forrest Lamp / 1-2 mil / 50.3 Another huge disappointment that I liked initially. Was he an NFL offensive guard...?
      Sam Tevi / 2 mil / 52.9 Will other teams see him as a swing tackle? If so, he will want more than 2 mil/year... more than I want to spend...
      ** Well, the $h!t is piled high... and deep! Bulaga is the only O-lineman that has a spot on the roster... and only because he's more expensive to cut than to keep. Probably should even start planning for RT roster spot next year. If Tevi re-signs for $2 mil, he probably beats out Pipkins for swing tackle... maybe he becomes Bulalga's replacement in 2 years.

2021 FA's:
      G John Miller / 4 mil / 60.2 Panthers have 4 OG's hit FA at the same time. I've heard TPB members like Miller as a possible FA.
      G Austin Blythe / 5 mil / 68.1 Rams in cap hell.
      G Jon Feliciano / 4.5 mil / 65.4 Buffalo will need to cut players to re-sign any FA's. Has shown they will move on from FA OL if price is not a bargain.
      G Ethan Pocic / 4.5 mil / 63.9 Seahawks have only 35 signed for next year and only 17 million cap space. They've been very active drafting OL and moving on in FA.
      C Corey Linsley / 9-10 mil / 90.1 Consistently, one of the best run-blocking centers. Packers in cap hell.
      C Austin Reiter / 6-7 mil / 70.9 29 year old on a team in cap hell (KC).
      ** There are plenty of good IOL left off this list (Andrews, Skura, Shatley, Karras, Mack, Scherff, Thuney, Iupati, Eluemenor) because they prime re-signs from teams with cap room or are close to retirement.

I've stated before, cutting Turner (and using the cap savings) to sign a FA center and guard is my preference. My two targets would be Corey Linsley and one of Pocic/Feliciano/Blythe.
      If you pick up proven veterans along the OL, those are positions you don't have to spend draft capital on. Drafting IOL is a crap shoot and may take years to develop. I know we haven't always hit on our IOL FA signings. Then again, we went 12-4 in 2018 with FA's Pouncey/Okung. You can't draft as many holes as we have along the OL. I suggest we draft 1 or 2 later round guys to develop behind proven starters (Pocic/Linsley).

What do you guys think...?

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Which is fine if you dont mind being unrealistic. King isnt coming back to us.
        Which is your speculation... take him off my list if it helps you get beyond the argument and back to the conversation. Which FA CB's on my list do you like...?

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          If they cut Harris and or Hayward. Think Jackson III or Griffin or Darby could work out well to get younger. Definitely should Resign M.Davis.

Ronald Darby
          Capture5.JPG

William Jackson III
          Capture7.JPG

Shaq Griffin
          Capture8.JPG
          Add Dennard, Hilton, and Moreau
          I didn't add Jackson III, Darby, or Moreau to my lists because their teams have good cap space and probably re-sign them... which, of course, is realistic speculation... Griffin, Dennard, and Hilton are on my list.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Which is your speculation... take him off my list if it helps you get beyond the argument and back to the conversation. Which FA CB's on my list do you like...?
            Jackson. The other two, not interested.

Make an offer to RFA JC Jackson as well depending on his tender offer from New England.
            If it's a first round, pass. Second or lower, I'm interested.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Jackson. The other two, not interested.

Make an offer to RFA JC Jackson as well depending on his tender offer from New England.
              If it's a first round, pass. Second or lower, I'm interested.
              You keep suggesting guys that will never hit the free market. You said, "Be realistic"... New England and Cincinati have way more cap space than us. Use these 2 links...
              Tracking the status and signings of all 2023 NFL free agents.

A real-time look at the 2021 salary cap totals for each NFL team, including estimated cap space.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

You keep suggesting guys that will never hit the free market. You said, "Be realistic"... New England and Cincinati have way more cap space than us. Use these 2 links...
                Tracking the status and signings of all 2023 NFL free agents.

A real-time look at the 2021 salary cap totals for each NFL team, including estimated cap space.
                You can offer a RFA a deal and the Patriots can match or not. Just depends on the tender round they give him before I'd try. They may match it if they want, but I'd at least try.
                And you suggested the Bengals CB. You named three, I picked one I'd like.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-02-2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Um, you can offer a RFA a deal and the Patriots can match or not. Just depends on the tender round they give him before I'd try. They may match it if they want, but I'd at least try.
                  And you suggested the Bengals CB. You named three, I picked one I'd like.
                  Exactly, the Patriots would match any RFA contract the Chargers offered... they have more cap space. They have 46 of 53 roster spots filled and #66.5 million in cap space. Conversely, we have 35 signed with $29 million cap space. I wouldn't waste my time dreaming of stealing Patriots players away this off-season (which is why I didn't list Thuney or Andrews on my IOL list.

BTW... I didn't suggest Jackson... I think that was Critty.

This was my original list:

Cameron Sutton / 7 mil / 70.1 He's 25 years old. I use Sutton as a salary guage as Spotrac estimates his salary (based upon production, comps, and age).
                  Desmond King / 6 mil / 64.7 He's 26 years old. I have no idea if he would consider coming back. Used Desmond as another Spotrac salary guage.
                  Darqueeze Dennard / 6.5 mil / 66.0 He's 29 years old. He's the CB drafted 1 spot ahead of Jason Verrett. Was just OK for Cinci. Improved for ATL.
                  Mike Hilton / 7 mil / 69.4 He's 27 years old. Undrafted because of size (5'9") slot corner.
                  Shaquille Griffin / 6.5 mil / 67.1 He's 26 years old. Has good speed/size.
                  Troy Hill / 7 mil / 69.9 He's 30 years old (oldest of the CB's I've listed). Undrafted. Very productive for the Rams this year.
                  Bashaud Breeland / 6.5 mil / 67.7 He's 29 years old. I liked him out of college. Took a while to develop. Older than many on my list.
                  ** There are plenty more FA cornerbacks... but I targeted these CB's for two reasons. First, they're relatively young and improving. Secondly, they play for teams that have cap problems next year (PIT/TEN/ATL/SEA/LAR/KC) and are almost assuredly not going to be re-signed and will hit the open market.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Exactly, the Patriots would match any RFA contract the Chargers offered... they have more cap space. They have 46 of 53 roster spots filled and #66.5 million in cap space. Conversely, we have 35 signed with $29 million cap space. I wouldn't waste my time dreaming of stealing Patriots players away this off-season (which is why I didn't list Thuney or Andrews on my IOL list.

BTW... I didn't suggest Jackson... I think that was Critty.
                    I'd just like to see Telesco be aggressive for a change. If it don't work, fine. No harm in trying.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I'd just like to see Telesco be aggressive for a change. If it don't work, fine. No harm in trying.
                      I'd like to see him be aggressive, too. Most of my proposals are pretty aggressive... cutting bloated contracts... then going hard after FA players from teams that have cap issues. I'd even trade MW to anyone willing to take him (and his re-done contract). I'd love to have another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I propose we go after CB's and IOL's in FA (because I want proven players at those positions immediately). Pay for the FA moves by cutting certain players. Then drafting for needs.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I'd like to see him be aggressive, too. Most of my proposals are pretty aggressive... cutting bloated contracts... then going hard after FA players from teams that have cap issues. I'd even trade MW to anyone willing to take him (and his re-done contract). I'd love to have another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I propose we go after CB's and IOL's in FA (because I want proven players at those positions immediately). Pay for the FA moves by cutting certain players. Then drafting for needs.
                        I think you have realistic ideas.
                        But I also think all options in free agency shopping should be on the table.
                        ​Some of these players may decide they need a change of scenery even if the current team has plenty of cap.
                        ​Offer deals to your targeted players. If they say no or the current team offers more so be it. But go after who you really want. If it's Jackson III-CB and Thuney-LG and Linsley-OC, make the offers. And see what happens. If you get none of them .....you still have offers on table for other targets.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think you have realistic ideas.
                          But I also think all options in free agency shopping should be on the table.
                          ​Some of these players may decide they need a change of scenery even if the current team has plenty of cap.
                          ​Offer deals to your targeted players. If they say no or the current team offers more so be it. But go after who you really want. If it's Jackson III-CB and Thuney-LG and Linsley-OC, make the offers. And see what happens. If you get none of them .....you still have offers on table for other targets.
                          Completely agree! If those cap wealthy teams decide to move on (probably why they're cap wealthy in the first place) from quality FA's... then game on!

Comment

Working...
                          X