• Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Nope. The early 2nd round is loaded with BPA OT's.

You got Penei as a top-5... then a big drop off (if Slater is an OG). Then you have Eichenberg, Darrisaw, Radunz, Carman, and Cosmi are my late-1st/early 2nd. One of them should be there. My late 2nd/early 3rd are: Leatherwood, Jenkins. If Little's knee is good... throw him in with the early 2nd-rounders. I doubt if any of them are around in the mid-3rd round.
    Yep, like I said a few weeks back in my first mock the 1st half of the 2nd is a sweet spot for tackles. Wont be shocked if Cosmi or Leatherwood is there at 47 as well. If not happy with Little or Carman. I remember 2 years ago many thought the tackle from Texas was going round one and the Cowboys got him at 50.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      Aw man, that’d be a sweet line up. But, personally, I’m not giving up on Tranquil. I like the kid’s game and he showed legit flashes last year. Don’t think he’ll be as good as Zaven, but Tranquil seems like a nice compliment to Murray’s game.

I was so bummed when Drue went down. Did you notice that you could audibly hear his leg snap because of the absence of crowd noise? Felt awful for the guy.
      Drue would be great depth! And certainly would see the field in nickel/dime. We'll see how he comes back from severe injury. Would he hold up as an every down LB...?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Drue would be great depth! And certainly would see the field in nickel/dime. We'll see how he comes back from severe injury. Would he hold up as an every down LB...?
        Yeah, you’re probably right. I like the kid, but until he proves to be more durable, it’s probably wise to assume he’s not.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Yeah except last years injury was really kinda flukish.I think the dude is gonna be solid this year.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Yep, like I said a few weeks back in my first mock the 1st half of the 2nd is a sweet spot for tackles. Wont be shocked if Cosmi or Leatherwood is there at 47 as well. If not happy with Little or Carman. I remember 2 years ago many thought the tackle from Texas was going round one and the Cowboys got him at 50.
            LOL! I was one of those many! I loved Connor Williams... but apparently short arms is a real thing... just ask Forrest Lamp. Rashawn Slater may be this years Williams/Lamp.

Little I'm leery of. I liked him a lot before his injury.
            Carman I'm cool with in the 2nd round. Why don't you like Carman?
            I like Dillon Radunz. 1st choice would be Eichenberg... but I'm sure he'll be gone late 1st.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

LOL! I was one of those many! I loved Connor Williams... but apparently short arms is a real thing... just ask Forrest Lamp. Rashawn Slater may be this years Williams/Lamp.

I like Dillon Radunz. 1st choice would be Eichenberg... but I'm sure he'll be gone late 1st.
              Slater may have short arms but his feet are as quick and light as any 300 lb prospect I’ve seen. That agility (IMO) will separate him from the short-armed OT busts of the past.

I’m leery of Carman, too. I’d avoid him altogether. Fine in run blocking, but that sidestep/back pedal action looks slow and tortured. See him as a guard in the NFL, similar to Borom.

Re: Radunz—jury’s out until after Senior Bowl. Trench guys from D2 can be tricky. Need to see him play against/next to the D1 dawgs first.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

As a matter of leaving no stone unturned,
                and so as to avoid overlooking great talent that can help us,

I hope everyone will remember the concept of upgrading.

This applies to positions beyond Oline.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Its an ACL. Everybody comes back from those now. Rivers came back in 100 days for workouts. Keenan had two ACLs repaired, Gore had two. I think 18 months will be just fine for Little. Im not worried about it at all. He has been training.

Here is a reason to fret more than his knee injury by this guys one man opinion.

Pro Football Network's Neal Driscoll writes that Stanford redshirt junior T Walker Little's "tape doesn’t show a first-round prospect."

"Little has good size, functional strength, and plays with good leverage, yet he is a complete liability in pass protection," Driscoll writes of the 6-foot-7, 313-pounder, noting that the Stanford lineman can be "completely overwhelmed by gifted speed rushers." Driscoll floats the possibility that Little may need to kick inside to guard in the NFL. Further complicating the evaluation, Little underwent season-ending knee surgery last September. He opted to return to school over the winter and will need to prove that he can hold up physically in 2020.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Its an ACL. Everybody comes back from those now. Rivers came back in 100 days for workouts. Keenan had two ACLs repaired, Gore had two. I think 18 months will be just fine for Little. Im not worried about it at all. He has been training.

Here is a reason to fret more than his knee injury by this guys one man opinion.

Pro Football Network's Neal Driscoll writes that Stanford redshirt junior T Walker Little's "tape doesn’t show a first-round prospect."

"Little has good size, functional strength, and plays with good leverage, yet he is a complete liability in pass protection," Driscoll writes of the 6-foot-7, 313-pounder, noting that the Stanford lineman can be "completely overwhelmed by gifted speed rushers." Driscoll floats the possibility that Little may need to kick inside to guard in the NFL. Further complicating the evaluation, Little underwent season-ending knee surgery last September. He opted to return to school over the winter and will need to prove that he can hold up physically in 2020.
                    I respect his analysis. But I’d really like to see the tape he’s referencing because I haven’t seen it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                      I respect his analysis. But I’d really like to see the tape he’s referencing because I haven’t seen it.
                      It's why I called it one man's opinion lol. Roll the tape.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's why I called it one man's opinion lol. Roll the tape.
                        I hear ya amigo. It’s food for thought and I’m glad you posted it!

And I agree with Driscoll that WL is not a 1st round prospect.

I think my problem with his statement is the word ‘complete’. Saying WL is a complete liability in pass protection feels gross. Like an unwarranted exaggeration. Almost like he’s trolling, lol.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

I should have worded it better...meant happy with Carman if others mentioned are not available in round 2. Just turned 21 and looks a legit 325 lbs at 6'5 or 6'6. Have seen him listed as both. Could get bigger and be a great running blocking right tackle.
                          Edit: Drafting for need of course. Have to fix both tackles.
                          Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 01-24-2021, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X