Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I don't know why, but I'm not sold on Milton. Got any good tape?
    Here are a couple clips that show him at his best.....

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Seems like this club has been too much drafting defensive picks forever, with the exception of Williams. Yes, despite the losing records of late, the defense overall has had pretty good overall stats. It’s time to build on the other side of the ball and not rely on the toughness of the QB to keep healthy while frustratingly building a dream defense four years now and counting. We’ve got a defensive minded coach now. Let him work with what we’ve got.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Seems like this club has been too much drafting defensive picks forever, with the exception of Williams. Yes, despite the losing records of late, the defense overall has had pretty good overall stats. It’s time to build on the other side of the ball and not rely on the toughness of the QB to keep healthy while frustratingly building a dream defense four years now and counting. We’ve got a defensive minded coach now. Let him work with what we’ve got.
        We're going to a 3-4. Time to bring in 3-4 players. A 5 tech and two 3-4 OLBs.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

We're going to a 3-4. Time to bring in 3-4 players. A 5 tech and two 3-4 OLBs.
          Really think we draft 2 edge players?

Bosa, Nwosu, Fackrell, Egbule...

I think we draft one. Too many needs in the secondary. We need a S, an outside CB, and a nickel to succeed Harris, Jr.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Really think we draft 2 edge players?

Bosa, Nwosu, Fackrell, Egbule...

I think we draft one. Too many needs in the secondary. We need a S, an outside CB, and a nickel to succeed Harris, Jr.
            The name of the game is to go after the qb. And Bosa is the only proven pass rusher there.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

two offensive linemen seems like a definite, an RB likely, TE a possibility, and anything else on the Oside of things would be a bit of a surprise/luxury pick….

QB * JH10, Chase Daniels, Easton Stick * good move augmenting this group w/the vet
              RB * Austin Ekeler, Joshua Kelly, Justin Jackson, Joe Reed * do they bring in a heavyweight to balance out the load or is JR a candidate for that
              FB * Gabe Nabers * ok
              WR * Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Jaylen Guyton, Tyron Smith, KJ Hill * would be a mild surprise to draft someone here
              TE * Jared Cook, Donald Parham, Stephen Anderson * do they bring on someone to challenge this group
              OT * Bryan Bulaga, Trey Pipkins, Tyree St. Louis, Storm Norton * they’re gonna add someone to this group, and thinkin’ Tyree is gonna be the odd man out, to the ps
              OG * Matt Feiler, Oday Aboushi * Trey Smith shares the same measurables as Matt Feiler
              OC * Corey Linsley, Scott Quessenberry * think it’s a mistake not hedging your (injured) FA bet here

NT * Linval Joseph, Breiden Feheko * is the latter our feelgood backup and new Damion Square
              DT * Justin Jones, Cortez Broughton * seems like they’re gonna roll w/this combo for now
              DE * Joey Bosa, Jerry Tillery * lotsa peoples callin’ for some depth behind these two
              SAM * Kyler Fackrell, Uchenna Nwosu * lotsa peoples looking forward to seeing what we’ve got w/the UN
              ILB * Kenneth Murray, Emeke Egbule * really think we need to spell Denzel here
              WIL * Drue Tranquill, Kyzir White * both w/fairly major injury concerns
              SS * Derwin James, Alohi Gilman * common sense would lean toward hedging against these two
              FS * Nasir Adderley * most definitely gonna get this man some company here
              CB * Brandon Facyson, Tevaughn Campbell, Mike D. * ditto for three’s not company enough here
              SCB * Chris Harris * loyal team Tommy John rolls w/the injured vet rather than fishing out Brian Poole in FA

on the defensive side of things, both a strong and free safety seem imminent, along w/a starter @CB opposite Mike D. a WIL seems reasonable if not likely along w/a DE to back up Jerry ‘n Joey…. after that would guess that either a slot/nickelback or ILB is a possibility.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Can’t address every freaking need in one draft.

focus should be identifying starters, not prospects who flounder and cut free before their 2nd contract.

I’d say knock out the OL first LT Darrisaw second versatile OG/C Quinn Meinez.

Next position up secondary FS/CB round 3 and throw in TE.

That’s four/five starters. Rest of the draft depth.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  Can’t address every freaking need in one draft.

focus should be identifying starters, not prospects who flounder and cut free before their 2nd contract.

I’d say knock out the OL first LT Darrisaw second versatile OG/C Quinn Meinez.

Next position up secondary FS/CB round 3 and throw in TE.

That’s four/five starters. Rest of the draft depth.
                  Meinerz at #47? Man is he getting over hyped.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Meinerz at #47? Man is he getting over hyped.
                    You think so? Dane Brugler gives him a 2nd rd grade #56 overall. But he is ascending. Projects as a top tier starting Center with Guard versatility, either side. Corey Linsley is 29, great mentor, Matt Feiler is also 29 and Aboushi will be 30 in June. God forbid injuries to anyone but it happens, and solidifying OL EACH DRAFT with at least one stud ensures Herbert and the Chargers longevity. Because his ceiling is so high, it’s not just safe pick it’s smart one.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

You think so? Dane Brugler gives him a 2nd rd grade #56 overall. But he is ascending. Projects as a top tier starting Center with Guard versatility, either side. Corey Linsley is 29, great mentor, Matt Feiler is also 29 and Aboushi will be 30 in June. God forbid injuries to anyone but it happens, and solidifying OL EACH DRAFT with at least one stud ensures Herbert and the Chargers longevity. Because his ceiling is so high, it’s not just safe pick it’s smart one.
                      Lol, never played OC till senior bowl week so did Brugler say top their or are those you're words? You have his versatility backwards. He is a OG with OC possibilities.

He broke his hand on the first day of Senior bowl week and didn't practice again.
                      He played div 3.

I like the kid so don't get me wrong but he has been accending while doing nothing. The hyoe for him is going thru the roof. Kind of unbelievable really.

Third round i think is highest I'd take him and I'd be apprehensive there and just feel better drafting Kendrick Green instead in that round.

Not sure he is plug and play at all as a rookie.
                      Don't know why Brugler keeps moving him up. just saying he has question marks to be looking at him in round 2.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

DJ has Meinerz as a top 50 prospect as well.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, never played OC till senior bowl week so did Brugler say top their or are those you're words? You have his versatility backwards. He is a OG with OC possibilities.

He broke his hand on the first day of Senior bowl week and didn't practice again.
                          He played div 3.

I like the kid so don't get me wrong but he has been accending while doing nothing. The hyoe for him is going thru the roof. Kind of unbelievable really.

Third round i think is highest I'd take him and I'd be apprehensive there and just feel better drafting Kendrick Green instead in that round.

Not sure he is plug and play at all as a rookie.
                          Don't know why Brugler keeps moving him up. just saying he has question marks to be looking at him in round 2.
                          look, I’ve quickly come to respect you and appreciate, really APPRECIATE you and everything you’ve done and do for this board. One of the truly great posters here, that is my opinion and there are many!

Great discussion always welcome. Dane Brugler doesn’t have him listed as OG but his #2 Center prospect. Only behind Creed Humphrey, early 2nd. Unlike Creed, as you mentioned he could also fill OG positions. I’ve noticed this OL class has a lot of tackles who will end up kicking inside because of length issues but weight will be issue as well so their best skill set, speed, hands and feet best suited for zone scheme system, not the case for Meinerz, scheme and position diverse, that’s the rub, that’s the extra value and that’s where the higher grade comes from.

Comment

Working...
                          X