• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

really feelin' the trade down atm.... don't want Micah Parsons.... am very high on Palaei Gaoteote IV.

the risk is in pulling off another Troy Polamalu....

also really think that team Tommy John needs some help/guidance.... time to hire a John Dorsey and/or Daniel Jeremiah, as could make room as Asst. GM and/or VP of Football Ops.

the blueprint/precedent has been set.... once upon a time the Chiefs had double digit picks and hit on a large number of 'em, they brought in Reid and drafted Mahomes.

we are close to having a double digit number of picks in this draft.... def should think about moving a coupla few vets for draft picks before the season is thru, and heavily consider trading down in the first for an additional second.

there are OGs for the taking and a DB or coupla few as well early.... we could have six picks in the top 100.... we have so many aging vets w/health considerations and developmental young players that are all ?s, and yes.... team Tommy John, like most FOs, draft better w/higher picks, but sooner or later we are gonna have to start drafting better w/lower picks, coz one sure way to have a lag franchise is to continually be drafting high and go Matt Millen on your fan base.

strength in numbers this year as just don't see the must get early on.... (think Sewell is off the board before we select).
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

My new draft hopes:
      1 - Surtain II, CB - BAMA
      2 - Eichenberg, OT - Notre Dame
      3A - Vera-Tucker, OG - USC
      3B - Malcolm Koonce, EDGE - Buffalo
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Let's say the draft goes like this:

1. Jets - Lawrence
        2. Jags - Fields
        3. Giants - Sewell
        4. Dolphins (from HOU) - Chase
        5. Cowboys - Rousseau
        6. Chargers - ???

If there's no option to trade down (sorry beachcomber), who do the Chargers take at #6? Do you go with Micah Parsons?? He seems like BPA. Or do you go with one of the CBs (Surtain/Farley)? Who else makes sense? Kwitty Paye? Waddle? Seems a bit too high for Wyatt Davis...

Daydreaming of a LB corps of Murray, Tranquill, & Parsons...

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Let's say the draft goes like this:

1. Jets - Lawrence
          2. Jags - Fields
          3. Giants - Sewell
          4. Dolphins (from HOU) - Chase
          5. Cowboys - Rousseau
          6. Chargers - ???

If there's no option to trade down (sorry beachcomber), who do the Chargers take at #6? Do you go with Micah Parsons?? He seems like BPA. Or do you go with one of the CBs (Surtain/Farley)? Who else makes sense? Kwitty Paye? Waddle? Seems a bit too high for Wyatt Davis...

Daydreaming of a LB corps of Murray, Tranquill, & Parsons...
          clear as day for me.... Jags are gonna go QB or defense if someone rises (Paye post 'Bine ?), as think they have needs at both MLB & DE, so Rousseau and/or Parsons could be in play as well ??

for me, none of the guys listed/available are overly pressing for me, and would much rather trade w/Jax and get their later first and early second in exchange for our early first.... they also need a CB, and why not trade w/us and make sure you get the best of the lott ??

are we passing on a Polamalu is the ??

the only guy eye like early is Trey Lance, and.... Ninj has already banned me from considering him,

ps. Tranq is a huge injury concern, Murray seemingly a work in progress, and Palaei Gaoteote a darn fine prospect outta 'SC.... the Chargers have history there,
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            really feelin' the trade down atm.... don't want Micah Parsons.... am very high on Palaei Gaoteote IV.

the risk is in pulling off another Troy Polamalu....

also really think that team Tommy John needs some help/guidance.... time to hire a John Dorsey and/or Daniel Jeremiah, as could make room as Asst. GM and/or VP of Football Ops.

the blueprint/precedent has been set.... once upon a time the Chiefs had double digit picks and hit on a large number of 'em, they brought in Reid and drafted Mahomes.

we are close to having a double digit number of picks in this draft.... def should think about moving a coupla few vets for draft picks before the season is thru, and heavily consider trading down in the first for an additional second.

there are OGs for the taking and a DB or coupla few as well early.... we could have six picks in the top 100.... we have so many aging vets w/health considerations and developmental young players that are all ?s, and yes.... team Tommy John, like most FOs, draft better w/higher picks, but sooner or later we are gonna have to start drafting better w/lower picks, coz one sure way to have a lag franchise is to continually be drafting high and go Matt Millen on your fan base.

strength in numbers this year as just don't see the must get early on.... (think Sewell is off the board before we select).
            PG4 is a JR and likely won’t come out as a late day 2/day 3 prospect. He has another season to improve his draft stock.

Trade deadline has come and past. Who do you want to trade for picks after the season concludes/new NFL year begins?

Is there a team that is willing to be a potential draft day trade partner for the draft capital compensation you want?

Are you willing to give up a potential All-Pro for 2 potential average starters?
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

image_2020-11-10_141707.png

The Chargers have leapt into the 6th position. Top 5, here we come. Let's find a trade partner looking for a QB, and trade down. Puts the front office in the driver's seat to trade up again and land a new blue-chip VT/CB Caleb Farley & OK/C Creed Humphrey in the 1st Round, and ND/OT Liam Eichenberg in the 2nd.

https://gbnreport.com/2021-first-round-selection-order/

Attached Files

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

PG4 is a JR and likely won’t come out as a late day 2/day 3 prospect. He has another season to improve his draft stock.

Trade deadline has come and past. Who do you want to trade for picks after the season concludes/new NFL year begins?

Is there a team that is willing to be a potential draft day trade partner for the draft capital compensation you want?

Are you willing to give up a potential All-Pro for 2 potential average starters?
                will def take Trey Smith and Stokes for anyone outta the top five.... atm my guess is that Stokes goes late first, and hoping that Smith pulls a Marcus McNeill and that his health concerns drop him into the early second round....

and prolly outta luck post trade deadline as think Feeney is a FA, and.... can I trade the likes of a Trai Turner, Chris Harris, MW and/or Kyzir ?? would take picks and/or players for the any of 'em.

heck, I'd prolly add Tranquill, Tillery and even Bulaga at this point, to that list.... for picks and/or players ??

and who knows who is a willing partner, but both Jax and Cleveland are set up nicely w/extra picks, and....

sorry to hear that 'bout PG4 as think he'd make a great Charger.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

will def take Trey Smith and Stokes for anyone outta the top five.... atm my guess is that Stokes goes late first, and hoping that Smith pulls a Marcus McNeill and that his health concerns drop him into the early second round....

and prolly outta luck post trade deadline as think Feeney is a FA, and.... can I trade the likes of a Trai Turner, Chris Harris, MW and/or Kyzir ?? would take picks and/or players for the any of 'em.

heck, I'd prolly add Tranquill, Tillery and even Bulaga at this point, to that list.... for picks and/or players ??

and who knows who is a willing partner, but both Jax and Cleveland are set up nicely w/extra picks, and....

sorry to hear that 'bout PG4 as think he'd make a great Charger.
                  Feeney is a FA but he’ll be resigned.

For each player you trade away you must sign or draft their replacement.

PG4 would make an ideal Bolt will just have to be 2022.
                  Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-11-2020, 08:28 PM.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Feeney is a FA but he’ll be resigned.

For each player you trade away you must sign or draft their replacement.

PG4 would make an ideal Bolt will just have to be 2022.
                    Really think Feeney will be resigned? He's never impressed me that much. Guess he's a better center than guard, but I'd like to see a center who can get some push on those 3rd or 4th & inches situations where Herbert can run a QB sneak up the gut. A guy like Creed Humphrey fits the bill for that.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Really think Feeney will be resigned? He's never impressed me that much. Guess he's a better center than guard, but I'd like to see a center who can get some push on those 3rd or 4th & inches situations where Herbert can run a QB sneak up the gut. A guy like Creed Humphrey fits the bill for that.
                      Love Creed but I do think Feeney will be resigned. Dan has been mentioned by the organization as our long term answer at OC. He has basically 4 years of starting experience at OG/OC, no injury issues, and the movement agility our scheme requires. I too would like to see Feeney improve his lower body strength/drive power.

Creed is one of my favorite prospects. Love to see him wearing powder blues.
                      Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-12-2020, 10:42 AM.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Love Creed but I do think Feeney will be resigned. Dan has been mentioned by the organization as our long term answer at OC. He has basically 4 years of starting experience at OG/OC, no injury issues, and the movement agility our scheme requires. I too would like to see Feeney improve his lower body strength/drive power.

Creed is one of my favorite prospects. Love to see him wearing powder blues.
                        You're probably right. Still say we use a 3rd rounder on a guy like Trey Hill from Georgia. Dude's a beast and the biggest mauler at center in the draft (6'3, 330).

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Updated.........

This would include the 2021 draft of.......
                          1) CALEB FARLEY - CB - VT - RJR - 6’2” / 207#
                          2) LIAM EICHENBERG - OT - ND - RSR - 6’6” / 310#
                          3A) CHARLES SNOWDEN - LEO/OTTO - UVA - SR - 6’7” / 245# (TC)
                          3B) ROBERT ROCHELL - CB - UCA - RSR - 6’2” / 200#
                          4) JORDAN SMITH - LEO/SDE - UAB - RJR - 6’7” / 255#
                          5) DIVINE DEABLO - DS/DLB - VT - RSR - 6’3” / 225# (TC)
                          6A) ORLANDO UMANA - OC/OG - UU - SR - 6’4” / 320# (TC)
                          6B) KHYIRIS TONGA - DT/NT - BYU - SR - 6’4” / 325# (TC)
                          7) LUKE FARRELL - TE - OHST - RSR - 6’6” / 258#

Possible UDFA Targets - Conner Olson (OC/OG) - UMN - RSR - 6’5” / 310#
                          Spencer Brown (RB) UAB - SR - 6’ / 220#, Tony Poljan (TE) UVA/CMU - RSR - 6’7” / 265#
                          Garret Wallow (LB) TCU - SR - 6’2” / 230#, Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR) UIL/USC - RSR - 6’2” / 215#
                          Aaron Banks (OG) ND - SR - 6’5” / 325#, Zach Davidson (TE/P) UCM - RSR - 6’7” / 245#
                          Qwynnterrio Cole (DS/DLB) ASU - SR - 6’3” / 200#, Grant Hermanns (OT) PUR - RSR - 6’7” / 310#,
                          Lorenzo Neal Jr. (DT) PUR - SR - 6’3” / 325#, Shawn Davis (DS) UFL - SR - 5’11” / 190#
                          Caleb Huntley (RB) BSU - SR - 5’10” / 230#, Kenny Deng (LB) CAL - RSR - 6’6” / 250#
                          Blake Hayes (P) UIL - SR - 6’6” / 215#, Riley Patterson (K) MEM - SR - 6’ / 190#
                          Michael Pitts (EDGE) UC - RSR - 6’4” / 250#, Zac Thomas (QB) APST - RSR - 6’1” / 210#

* Projected 53-Man Roster

OFFENSE (25)
                          QB * JH10, Easton Stick
                          RB * Austin Ekeler, Joshua Kelly, Justin Jackson, Caleb Huntley - (R)
                          FB/HB * Gabe Nabers
                          WR * Keenan Allen, MikeDub, Jaylen Guyton, Joe Reed, T. Johnson, J.K. Hill
                          TE * Hunter Henry (NC), Donald Parham, - Luke Farrell - (R)
                          OT * Bryan Bulaga, Liam Eichenberg - (R), Sam Tevi, Trey Pipkins
                          OG * Forrest Lamp (NC), Scott Quesenberry, Tyree St. Louis
                          OC * Dan Feeney (NC), Orlando Umana - (R)

Projected Starters Offense
                          QB - Justin Herbert
                          SKILL - Austin Ekeler, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Jalen Guyton, Hunter Henry
                          OLINE - Sam Tevi, Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Liam Eichenberg, Bryan Bulaga

DEFENSE (25)
                          NT * Linval Joseph, Lorenzo Neal Jr. - (R)
                          DT * Justin Jones, Khyiris Tonga - (R)
                          DE * Joey Bosa, Jerry Tillery, Jordan Smith - (R)
                          LEO * Uchenna Nwosu, Charles Snowden - (R)
                          SAM * Kyzir White, Emeke Egbule
                          MIKE * K9, Denzel Perryman
                          WIL * Drue Tranquill, Bilal Powell
                          SS * Derwin James, Divine Deablo - (R), Alohi Gilman
                          FS * Rayshawn Jenkins (NC), Nasir Adderley
                          CB * Mike Davis (NC), Caleb Farley - (R), Chris Harris Jr., Robert Rochell - (R), Brandon Facyson

Projected Starters Defense
                          DLINE - Joey Bosa, Justin Jones, Linval Joseph, Uchenna Nwosu
                          LINEBACKERS - Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill
                          DBACKS - Mike Davis, Caleb Farley, Chris Harris Jr., Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins

PK * Mike Badgeley
                          PUNT * Blake Hayes - (R)
                          LS *
                          Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-16-2020, 07:44 PM. Reason: Making upgrades, draft based on current average slotting not my prospect rankings

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X