• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm not seeking value along the OL. I'm seeking talent. Fix it... and watch all of the un-realized value/talent rise around it.
    Do it quickly before doubt and despair ruin the "Kid"

So very happy for PR.
    Building an Oline is not about having superstars.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

AJ and DK were great picks! We have impact players (KA,MW,HH,AE). But football is a team sport. And if others around them aren't doing their jobs, hard to make an impact. If your OL can't pass block long enough... or run block more effectively... then the team will be in difficult situations (3rd and 8), more predictable situations, that make it more difficult for your playmakers to make plays. If your playmaking RB's and TE's are pass blocking... hard to make plays. Fix the weakest link and your whole team benefits. Football 101.
      We have to beat the Chiefs.
      They drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Mecole Hardman,
      in spite of existing talent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Now that you've described players with minimal impact at an emerging position of impact,
        convince me that Ja'Marr would be a bad pick.

BTW woodeye Scouting Bureau touted AJ Brown and is willing to admit DK Metcalf is a hella player.

I am here to win and it is clear to me that drafting playmakers high is not a bad move these days.
        Chase would be a good pick...depending on what happens in our offseason with FA'cy. Even if we keep MW Chase would be a nice addition. Depends on our cap and what they do,... if anything to the OL.

I love us having three good WRs and we dont have that now even if you count Henry and Ek. Its still not 3 WRs. Not the same and why i wanted to draft WRs the past 2 drafts higher than where we went.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Now that you've described players with minimal impact at an emerging position of impact,
          convince me that Ja'Marr would be a bad pick.

BTW woodeye Scouting Bureau touted AJ Brown and is willing to admit DK Metcalf is a hella player.

I am here to win and it is clear to me that drafting playmakers high is not a bad move these days.
          I love weapons. I just feel for the most part they can be found in others rounds just like AJ & DK were mid/late 2nd round picks.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

I have an idea. Let's all create a mock draft using the same simulator. No trades. Post your results and discuss.

Personally, I like this one: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...raft-simulator
            Only problem is that they don't include our 3B pick

Here's my results:

1. Patrick Surtain II, CB, BAMA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KinpdM67Qs
            *Sewell's off the board. Need a replacement for the rapidly declining Hayward - might cut him for cap space if we draft a CB in round 1. Between Surtain and Farley, I think Surtain is the safer pick. This could all come down to the combine. If Farley is significantly faster, or if Surtain runs a 4.6, I'd change my decision here.

2. Rashawn Slater, OG/OT, Northwestern - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfcvBXQGXRs
            *Most versatile o-lineman in the draft. Can play guard or tackle. I project him as a guard, but his versatility makes him a darling for TT's draft philosophy.

3. Liam Eichenberg, OT, ND - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcuCcr59oOA
            *Surprised this guy drops to the 3rd round and TT nabs his trademark Golden Domer. Eichenberg looks like a solid LT with great pass protection skills who can compete with Tevi for the LT spot.

4. Josh Meyers, OC/OG, Ohio St.
            *Yep, another o-lineman. A center who, unlike Feeney, can push the pile on those critical 3rd and 1s.

5. Myjai Sanders, EDGE, CIN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFAOnyKXN2I
            *Think this dude's gonna light it up at the combine. A fluid, twitched-up athlete with all the desired size and length. Consistently draws double teams at Cincinnati. Think we release Ingram and Sanders will provide a nice tandem with Nwosu.

6A. Alim McNeil, DT, NCST - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CuhjT6rO1A
            *A 6'2 320 lb pile pusher. Low center of gravity and plays with good leverage. High motor player. Can spell Linval Joseph and be groomed as our next NT anchor.

6B. Patrick Johnson, EDGE, Tulane - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAfxpkfbt_g
            *Currently leads NCAAs in sacks with (10) despite consistant double teams. High motor player. 255 lbs with less than ideal length for a DE at 6'3, but can spell Bosa with his high energy play.

7. Josh Jobe, CB, BAMA
            *Yup, taking both BAMA starting CBs in this draft. Jobe lacks ideal speed at the position, but he's a tough, gritty player and a sure tackler. Will immediately contribute on special teams and could be developed into a nickel or dime backer. A good value in the 7th round.

Notes:
            *Definitely see us paying HH and I like the TEs behind him.
            *Content with our running back room of Ekler, Kelly, and Ballage.
            *Content with our WR corps, but see TT drafting one in the early rounds in 2022.
            *The theme of this draft is to establish a higher ceiling and additional depth for our o-line to protect our franchise QB.
            *If this draft included our supplemental 3rd rounder, I'd consider drafting a SS for depth behind Derwin James.

Okay guys. Tear it apart!
            Last edited by Bolt Dude; 12-02-2020, 12:47 PM.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Blah...way too early for mocks. And they dont include our 3rd pick because the comp picks havent been awarded yet.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Blah...way too early for mocks. And they dont include our 3rd pick because the comp picks havent been awarded yet.
                the Draft Network includes both our comp and added sixth rounder, and.... never too ear!y
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

the Draft Network includes both our comp and added sixth rounder, and.... never too ear!y
                  Their Big Boards are best too.
                  The top machine.
                  To avoid ridiculous trades don't log in.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Updated strength of schedule puts LAC @#4 per NFL Network.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Penei Sewell come on down. You are the next contestant on the Bolt Draft Parade.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Building an Oline is not about having superstars.
                        O-linemen are never superstars. No rings, gold necklaces, funny hats, or sports jackets. Wrinkly T-shirts, work boots, cut-off shorts to show off their un-matched socks. Who cares that you ran the 40-yard dash in 5.42 seconds. Did you push your opponent into next week...? Did you seal the B-Gap...? Did you push the edge rusher outside the pocket...? Did you get down field on the screen...? Did you trap that poor S.O.B. 3-tech out of his matching socks...? The only "stars" I want to see along the OL are encircling the defender's heads. The only "super" I want to see is the sonic-speed of my OT's feet.

O-linemen either can or they can't.
                        They can keep opponents off of their QB... or they can't.
                        They can give their QB an extra second... or they can't.
                        They can keep the pocket clean... or they can't
                        They can help pick up 3 yards on 3rd-and-2... or they can't.

1st-and-goal from the 8 yard line is a forgone conclusion... there are no field goals, false starts, or RB's getting hit 3 yards behind the LOS.
                        Starting every game with a 3-and-out... is out. No more blaming the QB... RB... WR... play-caller... stepmother... or dog. Open a hole big enough to get you 5 yards on 1st down.
                        2nd-and11 is for losers. 3rd-and 8 is for teams that are... 3-and-8.

Every year we fall in love with shiny, pretty things. I want guys with boogers on their faces and dirt under their nails.
                        We have too many "cant's" and not enough "can's" along the O-line.
                        Too many excuses... and not enough wins.

If you drafted an OG with the #11 pick... thinking he was an OT... don't roll up in a ball and cower in the corner. Do better next time! But whatever you do, fix the damn OL already.
                        You don't build a luxury house on a crumbling foundation...
                        Patience is for school teachers, nurses, and grannies knitting scarves for their grandchildren. 60 years is too long...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Go Falcons! Go Bengals!

Comment

Working...
                          X