• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Azeez Ojulari is the 2019 winner of the Georgia Bulldog football Leon Farmer Strength and Conditioning Award.

The 2018 winner was Nick Chubb. ..we'll see if Nick has enough power this weekend.

As a 6'3"/240# DE/OLB, does Ojulari have sufficient core strength to set the EDGE ?
    This is an important question, especially in the day of RPO.
    It must be asked of all EDGE prospects.
    There has to be some combination of pass rush skill, with counter, anchor, disengage and diagnosis.
    A little ankle flexion, burst and bend is always nice.

.Let's go to the weight room.
    Ojulari's numbers are...
    ---Power Clean 330 pounds
    ---Bench Press 355 pounds
    ---Squat 500+ pounds
    in high school.

Ojulari has stealth strength combine with technique and powerful, accurate, lightning quick handwork.
    This renders him adequate in dealing with Olinemen.
    Development of a better counter move or plan B in his pass rush will yield a more complete prospect.
    That is something that will be coached into this young player.

The only prospect who was better in this year's bowl action was Justin Fields.
    This is an underrated, rapidly ascending prospect.
    A perfect fit at a position of need.
    Exactly the kind of selection our scouts and front office will make,
    due to value, character and high ceiling.
    Jay Tufele is a versatile IDL player.
    He can do everything from penetrate as a Shade 1TECH to anchor as a 3TECH. He is a better player than JJones or Tillery.

Tufele is especially good at disengaging from blockers, reading plays and getting to the football. There is plenty of power + short area quickness.

I have a round one grade on him. He might be there for us in round two after a run on QBs and OL.

Ojulari & Tufele would round out and complete our defensive line rotation. Lack of consistent, dynamic play from our Dline was a huge problem in 2020.
    ​​​
    It negatively affected the play of Bosa, Murray and Hayward. Keeping the scores within range by playing good defense will only help our young developing Oline. We will hold onto the leads Herbert, Daboll and Co. create for us.

Ojulari is already creeping up to mid round one slotting, ahead of even Rousseau. Tufele will fall into our laps. Here's my surprising round 1-2 selections.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Fair enough. But ill stick with the BPA at 13. I just cant reach for an OL just because we need one. If you have a chance at a Travis Kelce type vs a Lower tiered OL? This is a long term build here. Herbert is just now starting. There will be plenty of amazing seasons ahead. I cant reach for guys just for the sake of need next year. I feel the same about the RB position. I think Harris is a rare commodity. In that he is so well rounded and absolutely punishing that you could make the case for him in the middle of round 1. Im in the trade back a little bit camp. And i say that because it would allow me personally to get 2 OL in the 2nd round where i think i have teh majority of grades. And you could still always move back into the 1st and grab a guy.

Im just not a huge fan of the OL in the top 15 of this draft at this point. Its still so early. Im all about safe picks this high in the draft. Herbert is young. We have him for 15 years maybe. I have no problem giving him an LT or Gates type impact. I just know Ekeler isnt the every down answer. He doesn't scare anyone in play action.

I want a dominant run game. Now we could go OL in the 1st but ill be looking at a RB likely in the 2nd. Again id like to move down though.
      Have to agree with Fleet (& against everyone else): Harris might be special and is as fresh as a daisy...Alabama not using him a lot.
      Rousseau, Slater, Darrisaw, ....they just might be very average players (wouldn't surprise me a bit). Go with the Stanford kid in the 2nd....you will get a solid starter at Left tackle for the next 8 - 10 years. Dickerson? At some point he's worth the gamble (middle 3rd is too high, he has never completed a season anywhere). I'd waste a 4rth on him.

Pitts/Smith?? Not completely sold on them as NFL studs. Farley? I have no eye for corners, but what little i saw didn't wow me.

With all these guys i have to watch again and again and again (& i don't have time): Harris jumps off the screen at you and grabs you by the throat..

Stevenson needs to gather himself going right and then cutting upfield....he is not Harris.

I remember watching Lavonte David and thinking too bad the Chargers are at need at other positions. One game of his looked like a highlight real - he made the tackle on every play...unreal.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Najee excellent any many phases.
        Pass Pro. Receiving. Vision.

Put him on the Hercules Diet.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

delete

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Jay Tufele is a versatile IDL player.
            He can do everything from penetrate as a Shade 1TECH to anchor as a 3TECH. He is a better player than JJones or Tillery.

Tufele is especially good at disengaging from blockers, reading plays and getting to the football. There is plenty of power + short area quickness.

I have a round one grade on him. He might be there for us in round two after a run on QBs and OL.

Ojulari & Tufele would round out and complete our defensive line rotation. Lack of consistent, dynamic play from our Dline was a huge problem in 2020.
            ​​​
            It negatively affected the play of Bosa, Murray and Hayward. Keeping the scores within range by playing good defense will only help our young developing Oline. We will hold onto the leads Herbert, Daboll and Co. create for us.

Ojulari is already creeping up to mid round one slotting, ahead of even Rousseau. Tufele will fall into our laps. Here's my surprising round 1-2 selections.
            At some point, get the best defensive lineman available and don't prioritize any particular position.

Chargers need upgrades or eventual replacements soon for everyone who is not Bosa.

Good coaching staffs find solid journeymen for their schemes to mend holes. Lamp/Feeney/Tevi...one of these guys will blossom with Daboll - book it!

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

DJ likes Rousseau... I don't think he'll be there @#13. But if was... the ceiling is high on this guy. Played WR in HS and has the frame to add more weight and muscle. Long arms allows him to disengage and work back inside and get the sack as the QB steps up in the pocket to avoid outside rush. He'd be the perfect compliment to Bosa for this reason. I think he'd help Tillery's inside presence and allow Tillery to get more one-on-one matchups on the inside. Rousseau would be murder on stunts as he's proven his strength and quickness against IOL. He'll need to keep low to maintain leverage (@ 6-7). Once someone develops his technique, he could be elite.

Daniel Jeremiah takes a first look at Miami's Gregory Rousseau and is blown away by a pass-rushing prospect with perennial All-Pro potential.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                DJ likes Rousseau... I don't think he'll be there @#13. But if was... the ceiling is high on this guy. Played WR in HS and has the frame to add more weight and muscle. Long arms allows him to disengage and work back inside and get the sack as the QB steps up in the pocket to avoid outside rush. He'd be the perfect compliment to Bosa for this reason. I think he'd help Tillery's inside presence and allow Tillery to get more one-on-one matchups on the inside. Rousseau would be murder on stunts as he's proven his strength and quickness against IOL. He'll need to keep low to maintain leverage (@ 6-7). Once someone develops his technique, he could be elite.

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-gr...mi-edge-rusher
                What bothers me about him is he doesnt have a real fast get off. At times it looks delayed and reminds me of Ingram in that regard. He doesnt look twitchy or explosive off the ball from tapes ive watched....which in the NFL, you need that. Not that he cant be coached up but i hope to get better than another Ingram.

Then i came across a video of this guy breaking him down. I dont know who this guy is, but ive seen a couple of videos of him talking about players. One was of Azeez Ojulari.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-17-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What bothers me about him is he doesnt have a real fast get off. At times it looks delayed and reminds me of Ingram in that regard. He doesnt look twitchy or explosive off the ball from tapes ive watched....which in the NFL, you need that. Not that he cant be coached up but i hope to get better than another Ingram.

Then i came across a video of this guy breaking him down. I dont know who this guy is, but ive seen a couple of videos of him talking about players. One was of Azeez Ojulari.

Usually I like what Voch Lombardi has to say about players (especially the trenches)... but I think he's totally off on Rousseau. Rousseau's greatest assets aren't his "get off" or first step. His assets are his strength and length. And he will only get stronger. There are plenty of effective EDGE rushers that rely on their strength (Trey Hendrickson comes to mind) and I think DJ's Danielle Hunter is an apt comparison.

Rousseau is inexperienced at the position. His inexperience and unrefined technique will be remedied. He could explode. Only time will tell. I understand people's skepticism.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Usually I like what Voch Lombardi has to say about players (especially the trenches)... but I think he's totally off on Rousseau. Rousseau's greatest assets aren't his "get off" or first step. His assets are his strength and length. And he will only get stronger. There are plenty of effective EDGE rushers that rely on their strength (Trey Hendrickson comes to mind) and I think DJ's Danielle Hunter is an apt comparison.

Rousseau is inexperienced at the position. His inexperience and unrefined technique will be remedied. He could explode. Only time will tell. I understand people's skepticism.
                    I think we can get a comparable player cheaper in Patrick Jones. Perhaps Rousseau has more potentual in some eyes like DJ, but Ingram never did get that explosive get off down and Jones can also be coached up. He does use the spin move at times. Just can use some hand work.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

LOL.
                      Go ahead and ignore the video of Azeez beating Penei,
                      or of Azeez showing elite bend and finish.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

LOL.
                        Go ahead and ignore the video of Azeez beating Penei,
                        or of Azeez showing elite bend and finish.
                        Me ignoring Azeez? I like him too, I just think Jones compares more to Rousseau with body type but is at this time more polished.
                        I'd be good with either Azeez or Jones.. Second round each guy me thinks and Azeez may go before Jones.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Me ignoring Azeez? I like him too, I just think Jones compares more to Rousseau with body type but is at this time more polished.
                          I'd be good with either Azeez or Jones.. Second round each guy me thinks and Azeez may go before Jones.
                          You do have Ojulari a round earlier than Nutty.

Let me repeat.
                          Voch has All-22 tape there where Azeez beats Penei Sewell.
                          ​​Sometimes Azeez is in a two point stance, and sometimes he has his hand the dirt.
                          A Gap/B Gap pressure is also on the plate for this prospect.
                          We are replacing Melvin Ingram here BTW.

Comment

Working...
                          X