Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
    :uplol:
    Don't overpay a RB! Was Ekeler's production worth his 2020 salary to go 7-9 and have a bottom half O Line that still needs to be fixed?
    He's only got a few prime years left. RBs don't need time to develop and they miss more games.

Or, hey... An article posted in here talking about salary caps has Denver cutting Gordon,......lol
    though I don't see it. He has a 6.5 dead cap hit so that writer don't seem to know anything about those dead cap hits

What a bad deal for the donkeys
    Gordon actually played well for Denver and Lindsay is made of glass. That writer was just talking about cutting players for teams to save cap space but he doesnt realize it doesnt make sense in many cases due to dead cap hits. Cutting Gordon saves them 2.4 million but creates 6.5 mil in dead cap and even broken up 2 seasons,they lose money and then have Glass and Freeman as their RBs till they draft another.

Im not seriously advocating we sign him. Just ruffling feathers :chuckle:
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

I figured, my main point is most RBs are overpaid and non contenders should go as cheap as possible on them. The QB and O Line are priority and need to be developed first.
      On top of that RBs need no time to develop.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman;n118[B
        1128]:uplol:
        Don't overpay a RB! Was Ekeler's production worth his 2020 salary to go 7-9 [/B]and have a bottom half O Line that still needs to be fixed?
        He's only got a few prime years left. RBs don't need time to develop and they miss more games.

Or, hey... An article posted in here talking about salary caps has Denver cutting Gordon,......lol
        though I don't see it. He has a 6.5 dead cap hit so that writer don't seem to know anything about those dead cap hits

What a bad deal for the donkeys
        Ekeler was injured and missed a lot of games - so no. Derwin James was not worth his salary last year.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Wentz to the Colts. There goes one of our trade-down partners.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            Wentz to the Colts. There goes one of our trade-down partners.
            On the other hand, the Colts may still want to draft a QB as a backup plan, in case Wentz wobbles...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Still have the Bears at #20. Redskins at #19, and the Patriots at #15

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

The Saints desperately need a QB on a rookie contract. Throw in Lattimore and maybe we’ll trade 1st rounders.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  The Saints desperately need a QB on a rookie contract. Throw in Lattimore and maybe we’ll trade 1st rounders.
                  I wouldn't mind that deal for Lattimore... However

Winston may be their guy if they resign him and nobody beats them to it. Not a big fan of Hill. It's a wait and see with them
                  Winston could be cheap for them. But I prefer a deal that helps us lol. You may be right, rookie contract might still be better.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On the other hand, the Colts may still want to draft a QB as a backup plan, in case Wentz wobbles...
                    Colts should try to deal Brissett back to the Pats for a pick, try to see if they can get Wentz back on track, then draft Edge 1st round because the Chargers sign Justin Houston

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

My last version before FA sets the stage for our draft....I'm gonna do what most everyone else has...gonna cheat with a trade back scenario. Chicago jumps ahead of the Pats for Mac Jones, giving us #20 and #52 for #13.

1. Walker Little OT- I would like to think we can steal him in the second, but as workouts and interviews progress, I think he will rise up boards...I don't believe for a minute that professional scouting departments have forgot about this kid like the pundits...my #3 tackle, if I'm giving Slater the benefit of the doubt as a tackle in the NFL.

2a. Creed Humphrey OG/OC- This might be wishful thinking on my part, but I think he will be there.

2b. Ifeatu Melifonwu CB- It will be pricey, but I think we let Casey play out his contract, which will give this physically gifted kid a year to ripen...I think he is exactly what you look for in an outside corner, and could develop his skills as a shut down/press corner, becoming our lockdown guy.

3a. Jordan Smith Edge- Right around this part of the draft, there is gonna be a plethora of second tier edge guys...just depends on who fits Staley's mold best...this kid happens to be one I like.

3b. Asante Samuel Jr. CB- 2 corners, you ask? We are surprisingly old there, with Casey and Chris...so yea. 2 corners early.

I'm gonna cheat again, and add a fourth rounder, even though the thread is first three rounds...got my eye on Meinerz here...on tape he looks like a beast...in interviews comes off as very sharp...and all accounts were he was a hit amongst his senior bowl teammates...if he is gone, Ninja has me sold on K. Green....a prospect who played just 40 minutes from my mailbox...shame on me for missing on that one, but for the record, I DIDNT miss James Robinson, 10 minutes from my mailbox...but the Bolts sure did, lol...
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        My last version before FA sets the stage for our draft....I'm gonna do what most everyone else has...gonna cheat with a trade back scenario. Chicago jumps ahead of the Pats for Mac Jones, giving us #20 and #52 for #13.

1. Walker Little OT- I would like to think we can steal him in the second, but as workouts and interviews progress, I think he will rise up boards...I don't believe for a minute that professional scouting departments have forgot about this kid like the pundits...my #3 tackle, if I'm giving Slater the benefit of the doubt as a tackle in the NFL.

2a. Creed Humphrey OG/OC- This might be wishful thinking on my part, but I think he will be there.

2b. Ifeatu Melifonwu CB- It will be pricey, but I think we let Casey play out his contract, which will give this physically gifted kid a year to ripen...I think he is exactly what you look for in an outside corner, and could develop his skills as a shut down/press corner, becoming our lockdown guy.

3a. Jordan Smith Edge- Right around this part of the draft, there is gonna be a plethora of second tier edge guys...just depends on who fits Staley's mold best...this kid happens to be one I like.

3b. Asante Samuel Jr. CB- 2 corners, you ask? We are surprisingly old there, with Casey and Chris...so yea. 2 corners early.

I'm gonna cheat again, and add a fourth rounder, even though the thread is first three rounds...got my eye on Meinerz here...on tape he looks like a beast...in interviews comes off as very sharp...and all accounts were he was a hit amongst his senior bowl teammates...if he is gone, Ninja has me sold on K. Green....a prospect who played just 40 minutes from my mailbox...shame on me for missing on that one, but for the record, I DIDNT miss James Robinson, 10 minutes from my mailbox...but the Bolts sure did, lol...
                        Give me that draft and my blood pressure will be nice and calm.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

Working...
                        X