• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Ifeatu and Cisco aren’t insane athletes?
    Ifeatu is bigger, stronger, has better COD, tackling fundamentals, ballskills, route reco, and high end disruption traits.
    Cisco has better game speed, ballskills, and big play/turnover production.
    All can play multi positions including DS.

We all have our opinions.
    They are great athletes too, but I was only saying I think Trill was the most athletic of the bunch.

Cisco he isn't a physical tackler. He spys the QB so much that he makes plays but he gets beat because of it. There are plays he is watching the QB so much he didn't have any awareness the ball was handed off to the RB and he was super late reacting to the run and the RB just jogged into the endzone. He will have to play with much more discipline. And because of those tacking issues can he be trusted to come down into the box and make the tackles.

Meli is not as versatile.

Trill scored on a strip fumble return, pick 6 and he returned a punt for a TD. He played nickelback, cornerback and some safety.
    ​​​​​​
    He showed the versatility I'm talking about. Just happens to be the guy I would bet on of those Syracuse DBs

Like you said. It's all opinion. Expect those 3 TDs. Those happened.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You can never have enough DBs. And 6'2 200 4.37 40 inch vert who tackles tough and attacks the ball are not easy prospects to find. I think that is why he is getting so many interviews. See who he is and what his football IQ is. If he passes those interviews. Then yes he is a top 100 prospect CB/S. And the early intercept in video was off a terrible throw by the #1 overall pick Lawrence. Players that have a knack for getting turnovers or being in right place at right time move up my board. He can also help improve special team coverage unit until he grows into a role in the secondary.
      This is the type of player to spend the 3rd rd pick on. Not Pipkins or Mager. Or Watt or Tuerk. This guy. If he is still there in rd 3.

1.M.Parsons-LB
      2.C.Basham-DE
      3a.J.Tryon-LB
      3b.T.Williams-DB
      4.P.Adebo-DB
      5.T.Graham-NB

tough physical fast defense.

We can use free agency for offense lineman.
      ​​​​
      This has not worked out well for us. Chargers have spent a fortune on has-been duds. Line'em up three deep and let them compete.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
        Thanks for sharing! I finally got around to some of his highlights.. impressive athlete! I especially like the way he strips at the ball. The only negative I have found on him is that he is slow transitioning in man coverage. I do not even know if this is fixable with improved technique or if it’s a physical thing.

With that said, he certainly brings energy and high level athleticism to that position otherwise it seems.
        That is the knock on him. Not super sticky in man. Not super quick with flipping his hips in transitioning. If he was great there then he would fly up the boards easily into top 50.

I have the Chargers grabbing him at bottom of Rd 3 with the comp pick which will be closer to pick 99.

​​​​​We need players than can improve the special teams and contribute in sub packages. Getting that from a prospect at bottom of Rd 3 is a good place to start.

Of course until it happens on NFL level it's all projections.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This has not worked out well for us. Chargers have spent a fortune on has-been duds. Line'em up three deep and let them compete.
          Fluker, Watt, Tuerk, Pipkins,. Is the draft doing it?

Think Okung and Pouncey gave us a solid 2018.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

They are great athletes too, but I was only saying I think Trill was the most athletic of the bunch.

Cisco he isn't a physical tackler. He spys the QB so much that he makes plays but he gets beat because of it. There are plays he is watching the QB so much he didn't have any awareness the ball was handed off to the RB and he was super late reacting to the run and the RB just jogged into the endzone. He will have to play with much more discipline. And because of those tacking issues can he be trusted to come down into the box and make the tackles.

Trill scored on a strip fumble return, pick 6 and he returned a punt for a TD. He played nickelback, cornerback and some safety.
            ​​​​​​
            He showed the versatility I'm talking about. Just happens to be the guy I would bet on of those Syracuse DBs

OR the.........
            ..... only 5 PD in 27 games played for Trill
            .....14 turnovers produced by Cisco in 24 games. Those happened.

I like Trill just think he is @ day 3 guy
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

​​​​​​

Episode 5 What GIF by The Office

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Would you hate if Chargers selected Batemon-WR at #13.

And then traded Mike Williams to his former HC now OC for Lions for pick #72?

​​​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Fluker, Watt, Tuerk, Pipkins,. Is the draft doing it?

Think Okung and Pouncey gave us a solid 2018.
                  McCoy and Lynn did not help Telesco with good advice. I would think this coaching staff is a notch above with helping on the selection process. I'm not saying no to free agents but to also spend some draft picks on the 32nd ranked oline. Going all in on defense is a mistake as defenders on free agency have a higher success rate versus signing free agent oline.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Episode 5 What GIF by The Office
                    Maybe physical wasn't the best way to describe it.
                    But he has tacking issues. And he spy the QB so much he gives up easy plays in pass and run.
                    ​​​​
                    ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Would you hate if Chargers selected Batemon-WR at #13.

And then traded Mike Williams to his former HC now OC for Lions for pick #72?

​​​​
                      I wouldn't want a WR at #13 BUT if we went WR, he is the one I'd draft over Waddle & Smith. Chase will be gone.

​​​​

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't want a WR at #13 BUT if we went WR, he is the one I'd draft over Waddle & Smith. Chase will be gone.

​​​​
                        I concur
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

I went back and turn on some tape of Cisco. Just randomly picked the Duke game in 2019 where he had an interception.

Wow, he has a lot of awful football plays. Low effort super late to recognize, spy and guessing too much and taking bad angles giving up big plays. I turned it off.

Comment

Working...
                          X