• powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What are you seeing ?

BTW I listened very carefully to the recent OL discussion at Substack,
    involving Duke and Brandon.

They chastised teams for wrongly turning tackles into guards.

Also, these two top tier pundits saw all the film,
    and they say he's a tackle.

Kinnard

:lol:

Achtung!

Xenos posted this from Thorne in another thread:

Brandon Thorn

@BrandonThornNFL

New OL Scouting Notebook on Trench Warfare: An early contrast between the 21 & 22 OL draft classes, Senior Bowl review & Combine preview:

"This class has a big three at tackle in Ikem Ekwonu, Evan Neal, and Charles Cross. Two other tackles with early second round grades round out the top five in Central Michigan’s Bernhard Raimann and Northern Iowa’s Trevor Penning. Chances are one of if not both of those last two guys wind up being drafted in the first round, but I see them in a different tier than the first three names. They have further to go with their technique than the big three, making them less likely to be reliable starters early in their careers. I also have Minnesota’s Daniele Faalele and Penn State’s Rasheed Walker with late second/fringe third round grades. You can read my full scouting reports on all of them in our latest big board here."
    Last edited by powderblueboy; 02-11-2022, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Xenos posted this from Thorne in another thread:

Brandon Thorn

@BrandonThornNFL

New OL Scouting Notebook on Trench Warfare: An early contrast between the 21 & 22 OL draft classes, Senior Bowl review & Combine preview:

"This class has a big three at tackle in Ikem Ekwonu, Evan Neal, and Charles Cross. Two other tackles with early second round grades round out the top five in Central Michigan’s Bernhard Raimann and Northern Iowa’s Trevor Penning. Chances are one of if not both of those last two guys wind up being drafted in the first round, but I see them in a different tier than the first three names. They have further to go with their technique than the big three, making them less likely to be reliable starters early in their careers. I also have Minnesota’s Daniele Faalele and Penn State’s Rasheed Walker with late second/fringe third round grades. You can read my full scouting reports on all of them in our latest big board here."
      If were going to draft a tackle we need to either move down from our first or move up from our second. Get a starting CB with our first and maybe move up to top of second round for our right tackle. Two day one starters and then we can fill in with the rest with free agents.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

The BR report that Thorne contributes to has both Raimann and Penning in the low 30s. Raimann dropped from 28 to 32 after senior bowl.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-bowl-rankings
        BR, Thorne and Duke have their rankings. So does Jeremiah. Any ranking on Raimann has to involve projecting (level of competition, experience, etc.)

Looking at traits, Raimann gets on his blocks in a hurry, and sustains them. I am reminded of Linderbaum. Raimann will be exponentially stronger in April than he is now.

I cannot get the comp to Lane Johnson out of my mind. It is perfectly appropriate. wu drools over the idea of Slater/Raimann as bookends for Herb. It is simple. I am very high on this prospect.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Diese scheisskopfe sind kaputt.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Diese scheisskopfe sind kaputt.
            I had to look this up in german translator. Whos broken?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

JWill trumps alles.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I had to look this up in german translator. Whos broken?
                I once had a cat named scheisskopf.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

What was our biggest weakness in 2021?
                  Fanbase ?

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

I once had a cat named scheisskopf.
                    Chargers Uber Alles next season!

opcorn:

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

BR, Thorne and Duke have their rankings. So does Jeremiah. Any ranking on Raimann has to involve projecting (level of competition, experience, etc.)

Looking at traits, Raimann gets on his blocks in a hurry, and sustains them. I am reminded of Linderbaum. Raimann will be exponentially stronger in April than he is now.

I cannot get the comp to Lane Johnson out of my mind. It is perfectly appropriate. wu drools over the idea of Slater/Raimann as bookends for Herb. It is simple. I am very high on this prospect.
                      I get why people like his traits. He's also older and more physically developed than comparable rookies. He has runway left from a technique side but less from a physicality side.

So much of OL play is technique related. Where I worry about Raimann is his hand placement and technique at the next level. He was fine at his level in college, but he was definitely geating beat in his hand placement at the senior bowl practices. Got put on his ass 3 times which is 3 times too many for me. I've never seen Slater on his ass in any film at any level.

I remember a computer vision analysis putting Slater's hand placement in the top 10% of draft OTs ever, or something. Raimann isn't close to there, at which point his arm length (yeah, I said it) becomes more of a problem.

I underestimated Slater's ability to anchor at the NFL level because I underestimated both his technique and his core strength, grip strength, and balance and therefore recovery. But winning the hand placement battle is the first step to at least beong able to reposition and recover when losing leverage. Maybe Raimann will make a big leap with his hands but right now the are consistently outside where they need to be in pass pro.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Fanbase ?
                        Just look at your sig. Bernhard is not the answer

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I get why people like his traits. He's also older and more physically developed than comparable rookies. He has runway left from a technique side but less from a physicality side.

So much of OL play is technique related. Where I worry about Raimann is his hand placement and technique at the next level. He was fine at his level in college, but he was definitely geating beat in his hand placement at the senior bowl practices. Got put on his ass 3 times which is 3 times too many for me. I've never seen Slater on his ass in any film at any level.

I remember a computer vision analysis putting Slater's hand placement in the top 10% of draft OTs ever, or something. Raimann isn't close to there, at which point his arm length (yeah, I said it) becomes more of a problem.

I underestimated Slater's ability to anchor at the NFL level because I underestimated both his technique and his core strength, grip strength, and balance and therefore recovery. But winning the hand placement battle is the first step to at least beong able to reposition and recover when losing leverage. Maybe Raimann will make a big leap with his hands but right now the are consistently outside where they need to be in pass pro.
                          Are you really trying to say Raimann will not learn, and learn quickly ?

This is the kind of shit I had to listen to when I touted moving up to take Lane Johnson, so apropos re Rivers career story.

Have you seen some of the techniques Lane has used ?

Let's throw some names out there...Von Miller...famous tape...Lane had Bruce Lee hand work there.

Projection: Frank Smith turns Raimann into a Pro Bowler.

BTW I was supremely confident that Slater would be fine. I listened to Duke. DILIGENCE led me to Rashan's powerlifting workout.

opcorn:

We are just getting started here folks. The Draft isn't even happening for 2.5 months.
                          Last edited by wu-dai clan; 02-12-2022, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X