• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Didn't you hear...? Brandon Staley is now the "decider".
    You may be right about them coming to see Kellen Diesch... or even Rashad White.
    But Jack Jones is just better than Chase Lucas IMO.

Maybe Telesco has taken Jack Jones off of his list altogether. But from the looks of it, this young man has turned his life around and learned from his mistake. Early-life mistakes often lead to character building and wisdom. Maybe losing a year of football has made Jack Jones appreciate his gifts and become resolute. In my book burglary is much different than assault.
    Does this mean we won't see too many Golden Domers drafted in the future?

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Does this mean we won't see too many Golden Domers drafted in the future?
      One can hope:cheers:

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Telesco isn't drafting Jack Jones.
        THey were there to see Rashad White,. Chase Lucas, OG Kellen Diesch.

Jones is a Jerry Jones and Chiefs kind of troubled player. We draft choir boys.

PS....we didn't draft my Golden Domers last year.
        Jones has gotten after it.... made the (Nakobe) Dean's list @ASU.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

For all the priority trenchers and RB guys--Mock 1-- I think about WR in the 1st next year

17 (950 pts) to GB for 22,92,132 (952 pts)

22 Penning/Raimann/Zion OL The more I study Penning and Raimann the more I like them. Late bloomers size & development wise, weight won't be an issue. Major upside
          79 Cam Taylor Britt CB
          92 Brian Robinson Jr RB
          123 Matt Araiza P
          132 DeAngelo Malone/Christopher Allen/Tyreke Smith Edge -- Bonitto/Robinson/Paschal/Gunter/Isaiah Thomas/Barno--one or more should be available, a plethora of potential pass rush depth in the 4th
          160 Thomas Booker/Zach Carter/Jayden Peevy DT/5T hopeful Ist down guys in place of Tillery, & need depth behind SJD
          195 Neil Farrell/Chris Hinton DT/NT I see little quality depth behind Johnson
          214 Percy Butler S/Gunner
          7 Armani Rogers TE Chargers worked out privately-converted QB fills Taysom Hill roll for Lombardi. Like his upside after only a year or 2 at TE after playing QB
          7 Dawson Deaton/Jack Wohlabaugh C Quessenberry replacement
          7 WR raw speed with upside to play the Guyton role

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

01) Jax * OT Evan Neal * if so, def a need pick, as not sure Cross isn’t the better LT prospect
            02) Lions * OT Ikem Ekwonu * awful high for a RG, but what do eye know
            03) Texans * ED Aidan Hutchinson * their D could def use an injection of talent
            04) Jets * ED Kayvon Thibodeaux * if in doubt, select the bpa
            05) Giants * DT Travon Walker * hopefully he can help return their Dline to their glory days
            06) Panthers * QB Kenny Pickett * didn’t know that Pickett had declared to Tulane, before Rhule left
            07) Giants * OT Charles Cross * shoulda, coulda, woulda been a Panther, and now he’s a New Yorker
            08) Falcons * CB Derek Stingley Jr. * don’t think he cared much for the BS pointers from our HC
            09) Seahawks * NT Jordan Davis * Pete is gonna be creative in his use of Red Bryant 2.0
            10) Jets * CB Ahmad Gardner * only ? is his level of competition, otherwise close to flawless/spotless
            11) WFT * QB Matt Corral * still say this guy is a vintage RR guy, and plenty o’ peoples think he’s got it
            12) Vikes * OG Kenyon Green * not sure where the CB noise comes from on this pick, KG is a KOG
            13) Texans * S Kyle Hamilton * lucky 13 stax up on top of Aidan to boost Lone Star defense
            14) Ravens * ED George Karlaftis * and so it is, he’s an Eric DeCosta guy afterall
            15) Philly * WR Jameson Williams * is the third first rounder the charm ??
            16) Saints * OT Trevor Penning * dude is def not Terrence Armstead 2.0, and comes at a higher price tag
            17) LAC * WR Garrett Wilson * a guy can dream, oh pls football gods art thou
            18) Philly * CB Andrew Booth * change in philosophy for a team that oft steers clear of CB early
            19) Saints * WR Chris Olave * do they prefer him over GW & JW ??
            20) Steelers * QB Malik Willis * hopefully Tomlin has the patience to make this work
            21) Pats * LB Devin Lloyd * every good D could use a field general in the middle of things
            22) GBay * OT Bernhard Raimann * this is where this guy belongs, and the Pack take no chances by waiting ‘til 28
            23) Az * WR Treylon Burks * Cards get their guy w/o a trade up, the forgotten man in the receiver room
            24) Dallas * ED Jermaine Johnson II * does Ojabo’s injury drop him below JJ2 ??
            25) Bills * OC Tyler Linderbaum * Niagra Falls for a guy that was once upon a time a top ten prospect
            26) Titans * DT Devonte Wyatt * prolly just about where this guy should be slotted, next to Simmons too
            27) Bucs * OG Zion Johnson * prolly just about as good as being slotted next to Rashawn, next to Tristan
            28) GBay * LB Nakobe Dean * very heady guy that is gonna give this D something it has been missing for a bit
            29) KC * WR Jahan Dotson * gonna be a very solid value @the bottom of the first
            30) KC * CB Trent McDuffie * another super solid pick @the bottom of the first round barrel
            31) Cincy * CB Kaiir Elam * not a bad add @the next to last pick here
            32) Lions * WR Drake London * think this is a big win IF this MW redux can stay healthy
            33) Jags * ED David Ojabo * if you’re gonna pass on the both of Aidan & KT, thank god for the DOja
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

An absolute coup for the Jags, I would even use the 5th, and all the 6th and 7th rounders with 33 to move up for Ojabo as well. Think Dotson would be there at 33 for the Chefs.
              Nice mock.
              Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 04-10-2022, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Didn't you hear...? Brandon Staley is now the "decider".
                You may be right about them coming to see Kellen Diesch... or even Rashad White.
                But Jack Jones is just better than Chase Lucas IMO.

Maybe Telesco has taken Jack Jones off of his list altogether. But from the looks of it, this young man has turned his life around and learned from his mistake. Early-life mistakes often lead to character building and wisdom. Maybe losing a year of football has made Jack Jones appreciate his gifts and become resolute. In my book burglary is much different than assault.

The "decider" on guys like Jack Jones will be Dean Spanos. Not Staley!

Some things are different but that won't change. Dean don't want guys like Jack Jones and Dean is the guy paying them.....who incidentally is also paying Staley.

There have been a few guys I wish he would consider for things like they got caught smoking weed or testing positive for it at the combine as it isn't big deal to me but he hasn't as of yet.

Won't be long and it will be legal nation wide.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-10-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  01) Jax * OT Evan Neal * if so, def a need pick, as not sure Cross isn’t the better LT prospect
                  02) Lions * OT Ikem Ekwonu * awful high for a RG, but what do eye know
                  03) Texans * ED Aidan Hutchinson * their D could def use an injection of talent
                  04) Jets * ED Kayvon Thibodeaux * if in doubt, select the bpa
                  05) Giants * DT Travon Walker * hopefully he can help return their Dline to their glory days
                  06) Panthers * QB Kenny Pickett * didn’t know that Pickett had declared to Tulane, before Rhule left
                  07) Giants * OT Charles Cross * shoulda, coulda, woulda been a Panther, and now he’s a New Yorker
                  08) Falcons * CB Derek Stingley Jr. * don’t think he cared much for the BS pointers from our HC
                  09) Seahawks * NT Jordan Davis * Pete is gonna be creative in his use of Red Bryant 2.0
                  10) Jets * CB Ahmad Gardner * only ? is his level of competition, otherwise close to flawless/spotless
                  11) WFT * QB Matt Corral * still say this guy is a vintage RR guy, and plenty o’ peoples think he’s got it
                  12) Vikes * OG Kenyon Green * not sure where the CB noise comes from on this pick, KG is a KOG
                  13) Texans * S Kyle Hamilton * lucky 13 stax up on top of Aidan to boost Lone Star defense
                  14) Ravens * ED George Karlaftis * and so it is, he’s an Eric DeCosta guy afterall
                  15) Philly * WR Jameson Williams * is the third first rounder the charm ??
                  16) Saints * OT Trevor Penning * dude is def not Terrence Armstead 2.0, and comes at a higher price tag
                  17) LAC * WR Garrett Wilson * a guy can dream, oh pls football gods art thou
                  18) Philly * CB Andrew Booth * change in philosophy for a team that oft steers clear of CB early
                  19) Saints * WR Chris Olave * do they prefer him over GW & JW ??
                  20) Steelers * QB Malik Willis * hopefully Tomlin has the patience to make this work
                  21) Pats * LB Devin Lloyd * every good D could use a field general in the middle of things
                  22) GBay * OT Bernhard Raimann * this is where this guy belongs, and the Pack take no chances by waiting ‘til 28
                  23) Az * WR Treylon Burks * Cards get their guy w/o a trade up, the forgotten man in the receiver room
                  24) Dallas * ED Jermaine Johnson II * does Ojabo’s injury drop him below JJ2 ??
                  25) Bills * OC Tyler Linderbaum * Niagra Falls for a guy that was once upon a time a top ten prospect
                  26) Titans * DT Devonte Wyatt * prolly just about where this guy should be slotted, next to Simmons too
                  27) Bucs * OG Zion Johnson * prolly just about as good as being slotted next to Rashawn, next to Tristan
                  28) GBay * LB Nakobe Dean * very heady guy that is gonna give this D something it has been missing for a bit
                  29) KC * WR Jahan Dotson * gonna be a very solid value @the bottom of the first
                  30) KC * CB Trent McDuffie * another super solid pick @the bottom of the first round barrel
                  31) Cincy * CB Kaiir Elam * not a bad add @the next to last pick here
                  32) Lions * WR Drake London * think this is a big win IF this MW redux can stay healthy
                  33) Jags * ED David Ojabo * if you’re gonna pass on the both of Aidan & KT, thank god for the DOja
                  If the Chargers draft G. Wilson at 17 when A. Booth and D. Lloyd are still there, I will cry.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Yeah, Pledger is raw and doesn't have a bunch of touches. He's a risk. But, I like my RB's to run and catch. That's why I want a good pass blocking OT.
                    Thanks for the feedback.
                    Pledger is 5'8", 190. Isn't particularly fast for a small guy. Don't seem like a fit.

One smaller RB we could of signed is Boston Scott. Always liked him.
                    I mean he is bigger at 203 lbs ( only 5'6") than Pledger but he also runs a 4.4 and dude produces well when Sanders always gets hurt.

Just thinking they looking for that bigger guy who can run and catch with some speed.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-10-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Pledger is 5'8", 190. Isn't particularly fast for a small guy. Don't seem like a fit.

One smaller RB we could of signed is Boston Scott. Always liked him.
                      I mean he is bigger at 203 lbs ( only 5'6") than Pledger but he also runs a 4.4 and dude produces well when Sanders always gets hurt.

Just thinking they looking for that bigger guy who can run and catch with some speed.

TJ Pledger just reminds me of Ekeler and his running style. Plays bigger than his measurements. Good balance, burst, doesn't go down easily. He's 1-inch shorter and 5 pounds lighter... but big heart.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        I was on the McDuffie bandwagon, but I have moved him to the end of my cluster. Reason - he's small and not a ballhawk.

At 17, I'd want a larger, more prototypical size and/or turnover potential. I see him as a solid player, but never a pro bowler. Can he defend against tall WRs? Long WRs? Yeah he can be there, but can he make a play? I just don't know.

So I'd look for a longer CB in the 3rd that need developing.

PS. We're already short at CB, let's get a long guy.
                        This is the same way I feel about McDuffie. Size matters:

Nakobe Dean
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

This is the same way I feel about McDuffie. Size matters:

Nakobe Dean
                          I'm not too concerned about it. He is the same height as Adrian Phillips but 20 lb heavier and he is faster than Adrian is. Adrian ran into 4.7's and Dean is a sure tackler and can play LB as well.We couldn't use one of those now could we?
                          I wouldn't hesitate to draft him.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-11-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X