Anonymous Expert
    You'll have to be more specific...

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post

Zion Johnson is a solid enough guard, but is he worthy of #17 pick ? I envision late first at the earliest. It bugs me that the position is undervalued, and then we would take one in the first.
      If you're picking him to move Feiler over to RT... then maybe.
      If you're picking him to play LG for a couple years, then move to center once Linsley's done... then yeah.

It's kind of a 3-for-1 deal.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If you're picking him to play LG for a couple years, then move to center once Linsley's done... then yeah.

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking about the zion pick, you get a probowl guard until linsley hangs them up and then you get and ALL-pro center. This is precisely the type of roster building that the chargers have lacked, but now with Herbert they really can’t afford to look past offensive line like they have in the past. Hopefully under staley the old recycled broken down free agent linemen routine is going bye bye…looks like Staley is only interested in bringing in under 30 year old FAs with solid experience, production, or upside. They haven’t resigned aboushi because they’re waiting to see which guards get cut after the draft. Aboushi is looking at bet minimum with questionable starting prospects everywhere else so he’s got no choice but to sit tight and see ifmthe chargers give him another go at starting.
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking about the zion pick, you get a probowl guard until linsley hangs them up and then you get and ALL-pro center. This is precisely the type of roster building that the chargers have lacked, but now with Herbert they really can’t afford to look past offensive line like they have in the past. Hopefully under staley the old recycled broken down free agent linemen routine is going bye bye…looks like Staley is only interested in bringing in under 30 year old FAs with solid experience, production, or upside. They haven’t resigned aboushi because they’re waiting to see which guards get cut after the draft. Aboushi is looking at bet minimum with questionable starting prospects everywhere else so he’s got no choice but to sit tight and see ifmthe chargers give him another go at starting.
          Yes, when they brought in Linsley, Aboushi, and Feiler last year... I knew the culture was changing under Staley. When they drafted Slater, I was ecstatic. I've been clamoring for an OL overhaul for so long. I also wonder how much Joe Lombardi had to do with the overhaul. I know the Saints didn't settle for sub-par OL's. Hopefully this means they'll finish the job in 2022 (RG/RT). I'd love to have the veteran Aboushi next to the rookie RT.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

You'll have to be more specific...
            OK.
            I will give you my current take,
            which follows from what Anonymous Expert said.

Lucas @ #79 is the wrong move.
            He is not that much of a more impactful player,
            over rolling with the ascending Pipkins.

JMO.
            Let's see how this plays out.
            There is IOL value mid round three, Parham, Strange or Fortner, all backup Center capable. I would also seriously consider EDGE/Safety there. Feiler and a post draft UFA are also ORT options, down the road a piece.
            Again, JMO.

It is remindful of what I overheard a man say to his wife,
            one day at SeaWorld.
            "Let's not argue, Sweety ! "
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

OK.

JMO.
              There is IOL value mid round three, Parham, Strange or Fortner, all backup Center capable. I would also seriously consider EDGE/Safety there. Feiler and a post draft UFA are also ORT options, down the road a piece.
              Again, JMO.

one day at SeaWorld.
              I was thinking the same regarding iOL in the mid rounds
              someone with OC capabilities to have that option down the road.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

agree that Lucas is unlikely there @79, and.... likely he coulda, woulda, shoulda been there @48, and.... all that said, still think all the tackles are need picks, and don't hold value this go 'round.

and re: Zion.... don't think he has the mindset for an OC.... def not an All Pro there, and better suited and more likely as a Pro Bowl OG, and.... think he could start @tackle, but would never Pro Bowl out there, and that your line is much better off w/him @guard.

and agree, wherever we might get Zion, he's a need pick.... if he coulda, woulda, shoulda lasted 'til 48.... that woulda been a value pick.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I was thinking the same regarding iOL in the mid rounds
                  someone with OC capabilities to have that option down the road.
                  my suspicion is that Jaimes might be well/better (if not best) suited @the OC ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

That would be one hell of a draft. I've done a few where Abraham is still available @#79. In good conscience, I never pick him... knowing that it is not realistic.
                    I think everyone should do a bunch of mocks... targeting different positions in different rounds. The main thing I get from that is that I begin to see clusters of players @certain positions in certain rounds.
                    I agree everyone should do a few to see how hard it is to cover all your needs and to get a feel for where positions are available. I have more sympathy for TT now.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

21:40
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

OK.

JMO.
                        Again, JMO.

one day at SeaWorld.
                        Well me and the Anonymous Expert will just have to disagree on Lucas.
                        The IOL option is definitely a go for me. I like Ed Ingram in the 3rd... Cordell Volson in the 4th.
                        If Raimann is there @#17... I probably draft him.
                        The other prospect I could go with over Raimann is CB Trent McDuffie... but he's probably gone by #17.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

There is a decent possibility that he couldn't hang at center in the NFL,
                          However, i agree that getting a guy who can play RG and center at a high level would make him worthy of #17.

Telesco would be going for the hat trick if they try to convert him into a center.

Comment

Working...
                          X