• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

13 and Tevi for #7. Throw a player with great upside in.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

In that case, we would have TWO holes at OT...I think we need to go OT @#13, double dip at OT later somewhere, and sign at least an average OT in FA...on the cheap...
      I think we have our future RT in Feiler. Apparently, he was better at RT when with the Steelers. Should Bulaga go down, I believe they would give Pip the first crack at RT. If he couldn't handle it, then I think Lombardi wouldn't hesitate to move the experienced Feiler over there.

So, if that were to occur (Feiler moves to RT) you would need another LG... which I believe is a smart position to draft. Luckily, a LG is a little easier to draft in middle rounds. I can see 3-4 players (round 4) that would make very good guards. Of course, I'd love to develop them for a year... but I think they're good enough to fill in fairly quickly. I think they'd be better OG's than Pipkens would be an OT.

LT- Darrisaw
      LG- David Moore (4th round)
      OC - Linsley
      RG - Aboushi
      RT - Feiler

I like the look of that. And would love to see them starting as a unit in 2022.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

What would you guys think of a trade down with BAL?
        27 & 32 for 13 & 97.
        C6939A13-4309-4723-8049-F98FDC6256A2.jpeg
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Lyth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, Brown is a 1-year rental. They looked at their failure in the Super Bowl, looked at their OT roster spot, looked at #31 draft slot... and realized there was no long-term solution. With this trade, everyone gets what they want. KC gets a 1-year LT. Brown gets to showcase his ability @LT. And the Ravens get a couple draft picks for a guy they were going to lose anyways.

Now seems like a good time to re-visit the questions... Can Orlando Brown Jr. play left tackle in the NFL...? Was he a 1st round talent...?
          I don't think Brown has an effect against the TB rush. He's not a true LT or the Ravens would have paid him as one and let him play that position. I'm in love with this pick-up by the Chiefs. Grab a guy who can't play LT and pay him enough that forces you to put him on the field. I'm glad we didn't make the same mistake.

Comment

• Lyth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
            I'd walk away from the draft without complaints. I don't think we're one year away. Even with the line upgrades, we still don't have much of a running game. We need a couple of drafts to fill in the gaps. This year should be about drafting the positions that need a little time to mature. LT. CB.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

I'd walk away from the draft without complaints. I don't think we're one year away. Even with the line upgrades, we still don't have much of a running game. We need a couple of drafts to fill in the gaps. This year should be about drafting the positions that need a little time to mature. LT. CB.
              I love Fehoko.

But with the limited picks, I’d be bummed we didn’t address edge. Bosa plays hard and gets gassed in Q4. Need an edge to give him occasional breathers.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think we have our future RT in Feiler. Apparently, he was better at RT when with the Steelers. Should Bulaga go down, I believe they would give Pip the first crack at RT. If he couldn't handle it, then I think Lombardi wouldn't hesitate to move the experienced Feiler over there.

So, if that were to occur (Feiler moves to RT) you would need another LG... which I believe is a smart position to draft. Luckily, a LG is a little easier to draft in middle rounds. I can see 3-4 players (round 4) that would make very good guards. Of course, I'd love to develop them for a year... but I think they're good enough to fill in fairly quickly. I think they'd be better OG's than Pipkens would be an OT.

LT- Darrisaw
                LG- David Moore (4th round)
                OC - Linsley
                RG - Aboushi
                RT - Feiler

I like the look of that. And would love to see them starting as a unit in 2022.
                Like the idea but think there’ll be better (more NFL ready) OGs in R4 than Moore. Dude’s good but so raw.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

I don't think Brown has an effect against the TB rush. He's not a true LT or the Ravens would have paid him as one and let him play that position. I'm in love with this pick-up by the Chiefs. Grab a guy who can't play LT and pay him enough that forces you to put him on the field. I'm glad we didn't make the same mistake.
                  What makes you think that? He played LT at Oklahoma. Then when Stanley went down he played LT most of last year. PFF gave him a grade of 76.5

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Like the idea but think there’ll be better (more NFL ready) OGs in R4 than Moore. Dude’s good but so raw.
                    Eh... pick whoever you want. There are a number of them. I like Moore because he has really long arms and is mean AF.

Comment

• pigskin
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Southern Oregon
                      • Send PM

Teven Jenkins
                        OT Oklahoma State

Dillon Radunz
                        OT North Dakota State

Asante Samuel Jr.
                        CB Florida State

Joe Tryon
                        EDGE Washington

Jevon Holland
                        S Oregon

Tommy Tremble
                        TE Notre Dame

Andre Cisco
                        S Syracuse

Divine Deablo
                        S Virginia Tech

Janarius Robinson
                        EDGE Florida State

Khyiris Tonga
                        DT BYU

Ben Mason
                        RB Michigan
                      • 2022 NO 4th

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

The Athletic beat writer’s joined forces to create a 2 round mock. Here’s what happened:
                        13. Los Angeles Chargers: Rashawn Slater, T, Northwestern

It’s the Chargers’ dream scenario. Slater is a no-brainer pick for the Chargers, who had one of the worst offensive lines last year. They addressed three needs in free agency by signing All-Pro center Corey Linsley and guards Matt Feiler and Oday Aboushi. But they still have a “hole” at left tackle, as head coach Brandon Staley described it. Slater is a polished prospect, even if his arm length eventually forces a move inside.

38. Los Angeles Chargers: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Trade: Cincinnati sent pick Nos. 38 and 111 to the Chargers for Nos. 47 and 77.

The Chargers need to find a starting corner in the first two rounds, and waiting for pick No. 47 might be too late. As soon as Samuel went to the Jets, I started considering a trade for Stokes, who has the size, speed and inside-outside versatility that would make him an ideal fit in Staley’s defensive scheme.

Picks 1-12 went like this:
                        1. Lawrence
                        2. Wilson
                        3. Jones
                        4. Fields
                        5. Chase
                        6. Pitts
                        7. Sewell
                        8. Lance (NE trade)
                        9. Parsons
                        10. Surtain
                        11. Ojulari
                        12. Smith

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Might actually like this mock better than my own.

Comment

Working...
                          X