• dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Actually quite like the look of that.
    6 picks in the top 100? Oh yeah
    I quite hate not drafting an OT until 118 and then nabbing a manny mid-school guy most rate as a development project to become an eventual RT. With the questions about dating violence, TT wouldn’t take him anyway.

I’m not a fan of any plan that leads with “Roll with Villanueva” as its strategic pillar and pledges to solve our long-running OL horror show with yet another developmental project. I’ve seen that show too many times. Beef me up with Prime, don’t feed me more purine chow.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If you drop past the colts, does it matter how far past them you drop?
      Thats a good question -- how many teams other than the Colts need LT help. The Steelers - but I think they might go RB. Kansas City probably wants OT depth. I think a team like the Ravens - whether they trade Brown now or let him go to Free AGency next spring, will be in the market for an OT.

Just looked a mock draft for the teams and my three teams after Washington and the Colts, are for sure Pittsburgh, KC and possibly the Ravens. So, if looking for OT - probably not going lower than 19 or 20.

But again, if the Chargers have done the homework and like a guy at 13 - Darrisaw - I am good with the pick. The one thing about getting OT at 13 - I think for most fans it would be a "sigh of relief" to see them filling that obvious need. Though CB is pretty high up there too.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I quite hate not drafting an OT until 118 and then nabbing a manny mid-school guy most rate as a development project to become an eventual RT. With the questions about dating violence, TT wouldn’t take him anyway.

I’m not a fan of any plan that leads with “Roll with Villanueva” as its strategic pillar and pledges to solve our long-running OL horror show with yet another developmental project. I’ve seen that show too many times. Beef me up with Prime, don’t feed me more purine chow.
          Agree, he just isnt that great and if we were really interested in him, he would be here right now. Listening to Staleys press conference, he said FA'cy is about value and Vilanueva isnt a value right now with what he brings. IF we sign him it wont be til after the draft so we absolutely will draft a OT early.

Staley did say you need tackles. The right and left comparison isnt the same anymore as pass rushers move around and he is right. Bosa isnt always on the same side so Jenkins for instance isnt safe from facing Von Miller as he is often on the defenses left side. Pass protection is what he said they need to be good #1.

My point is , if they think Jenkins or Spenser Brown has the goods, they may be a pick for us and play LT but certainly id like to see us get Sewell or Slater....but Staley said you need to be able to go to both sides. That to me discribes Slater, Jenkins and AVT more but i certainly am not scratching Sewell off the list just because he has pretty much played LT. If he is on the board, we running to the podium.

He also said pretty much a TE first has to be most helpfull in the pass game so not sure Tommy Tremble is a top of the list prospect in that regard. Id put Brevin Jordon ahead of him there as a TE they can move outside in the slot. But id be happy with either one....and Feirmuth, Long, McKitty who can also block well....more so than guys like Bates, Wells and maybe even Tremble though i like his overall game. Man who knows, its hard to say.

Can the draft friggin get here already!!

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

We all talk about the need at LOT but truth is, our ROT has an injury history and only one year left with us. It would be smart to pick two OT's this year.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

2021 NFL Team Mocks AFC West

By Pigskin Paul Guillemette | April 9, 2021
              0 Comment
              So now let’s flip the coin to the AFC West, and within this division we have cash buyers, so to speak. This group of 4 holds a cumulative total of 34 Picks in this year’s Draft. No big dippers here, so to speak, but everyone has been judicious in their handling of Draft Picks, and now comes the payoff, they hope…

BRONCOS

Round 1, pick 9 PATRICK SURTAIN CB Alabama

Round 2, Pick 40 TEVIN JENKINS OT Oklahoma State

Round, 3, Pick 71 RICHIE GRANT S UCF

Round 4, Pick 114 DAVIS MILLS QB Stanford

Round 5, Pick 152 BOBBY BROWN DT Texas A&M

Round 6, Pick. 191 DAVID MOORE OG Grambling

Round 7, Pick 237 BUDDY JOHNSON IB Texas A&M

Round 7, Pick 239 RACHAD WILDGOOSE CB Wisconsin

Round 7, Pick 253 KHYIRIS TONGA DT BYU

John Elway is still the top dog in Denver, but the guy supervising this Draft is new GM George Paton. This Broncos roster needs some major adjustments, so I don’t see them pulling the plug on DREW LOCK, unless one of the Top QB’s fall to their Pick at 9. However, notice the Pick to start Day 3. The secondary, featuring a big Help Wanted sign on the current depth chart, gets the immediate help of SURTAIN, from the Saban factory. Gotta be an instant group upgrade. But they go back to the well for S/GRANT and CB/WILDGOOSE. TEVIN JENKINS will allow them to sort through the returning OL group and move some chess pieces, because JENKINS will be expected to start at one Tackle spot. Grambling road grader DAVID MOORE in Round 6 will be a longer term project, but a talent upgrade as well. DAVIS MILLS is a solid choice, at a bargain price, of another young QB in case LOCK fails to progress. BROWN and TONGA are two very large slabs of human flesh, to boost a thin DL group.

CHARGERS

Round 1, Pick 13 RASHAWN SLATER OL Northwestern

Round 2, Pick 47 ERIC STOKES CB Georgia

Round 3, Pick 77 DYAMI BROWN WR UNC

Round 4, Pick 97 MARVIN WILSON DT Florida State

Round 5, Pick 159 ROBERT HAINSEY OG/C Notre Dame

Round 6, Pick 185 ELIJAH MITCHELL RB LA/LAFAYETTE

Round 6, Pick 198 COLE VAN LANEN OT Wisconsin

Round 7, Pick 241 WYATT HUBERT DE/ER Kansas State

A bit of selective help for the Defense in STOKES, WILSON & HUBERT, but the main focus was surrounding JUSTIN HERBERT with more weapons, and especially more protection. SLATER will be expected to start, hopefully on the outside. HAINSEY gets a shot on the Interior, and his versatility should, at the very least, provide depth on the entire IOL. BROWN is a quicker than fast weapon to go with their returning vets. MITCHELL is a sleeper of sorts, who shared the load with RAGAS last season, then blazed a 4.38/40 at his Pro Day.

RAIDERS

Round 1, Pick 17 ELIJAH VERA-TUCKER OG Southern Cal

Round 2, Pick 48 JEVON HOLLAND S Oregon

Round 3, Pick 79 DYLAN MOSES LB Alabama

Round 3, Pick 80 SPENCER BROWN OT N. Iowa

Round 4, Pick 121 KELLEN MOND QB Texas A&M

Round 5, Pick 162 TONY POLJAN TE Virginia

Round 5, Pick 167 BENJAMIN ST-JUSTE DB/ST Minnesota

Round 6, Pick 200 WILLIAM BRADLEY-KING ER/DE Baylor

Their OL is in major rebuild and VERA-TUCKER & BROWN could both start in the near future. GM MAYOCK got Gruden his QB toy with KELLEN MOND, who should be a real challenge for Chucky. When he’s good, he’s really good, but when he is off, it gets ugly. Several DB’s should give you a clue that OL is not their only high emphasis rebuild position group. HOLLAND is felt by many to be the best S in this Draft. ST-JUSTE should immediately boost Special Teams play, while coaches try to locate their best role in the secondary. MOSES was a star LB for the Tide before injuries cut him down in 2019. He looked good at times in 2020, so the hope is he’s back 100% for 2021 as a pro.

CHIEFS

Round 1, Pick 31 SAM COSMI OT Texas

Round 2, Pick 63 BREVIN JORDAN TE Miami (F)

Round 3, Pick 94 NICO COLLINS WR Michigan

Round 4, Pick 136 CAMRYN BYNUM CB Cal

Round 4, Pick 144 DERRICK BARNES IB Purdue

Round 5, Pick 175 ADRIAN EALY OT Oklahoma

Round 5, Pick 181 DeANGELO MALONE OB/ER Western Kentucky

Round 6, Pick 207 IAN BOOK QB Notre Dame

The days of the championship team not needing any help are long gone in this league. After cutting both of their vet OT’s for Cap and durability issues, the team set out to patch things up. They plugged inside with VFA, but used this Draft to find two eventual starters in COSMI (sooner) and EALY (later). KELCE may be elite, but he ain’t getting any younger. JORDAN could be another killer weapon for Mr. Mahomes. NICO COLLINS gives Mahomes a large target to look for to supplement the speedsters like TYREEK and HARDMAN. BARNES had a stellar career in relative obscurity in West Lafayette, IN. BYNUM will shine on Special Teams and as a hard hitter in their secondary.

I don’t see any major flaws in the 4 team’s Drafts in this Division. I like 3 of the 4 teams looking for a young developmental/back-up QB on Day Three of the Draft. IMO, nice balance here between need and best available in general.

Pigskin

Up next the NFC East!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Pigskin has Tevin going at 40 to the Donkeys..............Yeah dream on..........He is gone in the 17 - 25 range.....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  2021 NFL Team Mocks AFC West

By Pigskin Paul Guillemette | April 9, 2021
                  0 Comment
                  So now let’s flip the coin to the AFC West, and within this division we have cash buyers, so to speak. This group of 4 holds a cumulative total of 34 Picks in this year’s Draft. No big dippers here, so to speak, but everyone has been judicious in their handling of Draft Picks, and now comes the payoff, they hope…

BRONCOS

Round 1, pick 9 PATRICK SURTAIN CB Alabama

Round 2, Pick 40 TEVIN JENKINS OT Oklahoma State

Round, 3, Pick 71 RICHIE GRANT S UCF

Round 4, Pick 114 DAVIS MILLS QB Stanford

Round 5, Pick 152 BOBBY BROWN DT Texas A&M

Round 6, Pick. 191 DAVID MOORE OG Grambling

Round 7, Pick 237 BUDDY JOHNSON IB Texas A&M

Round 7, Pick 239 RACHAD WILDGOOSE CB Wisconsin

Round 7, Pick 253 KHYIRIS TONGA DT BYU

John Elway is still the top dog in Denver, but the guy supervising this Draft is new GM George Paton. This Broncos roster needs some major adjustments, so I don’t see them pulling the plug on DREW LOCK, unless one of the Top QB’s fall to their Pick at 9. However, notice the Pick to start Day 3. The secondary, featuring a big Help Wanted sign on the current depth chart, gets the immediate help of SURTAIN, from the Saban factory. Gotta be an instant group upgrade. But they go back to the well for S/GRANT and CB/WILDGOOSE. TEVIN JENKINS will allow them to sort through the returning OL group and move some chess pieces, because JENKINS will be expected to start at one Tackle spot. Grambling road grader DAVID MOORE in Round 6 will be a longer term project, but a talent upgrade as well. DAVIS MILLS is a solid choice, at a bargain price, of another young QB in case LOCK fails to progress. BROWN and TONGA are two very large slabs of human flesh, to boost a thin DL group.

CHARGERS

Round 1, Pick 13 RASHAWN SLATER OL Northwestern

Round 2, Pick 47 ERIC STOKES CB Georgia

Round 3, Pick 77 DYAMI BROWN WR UNC

Round 4, Pick 97 MARVIN WILSON DT Florida State

Round 5, Pick 159 ROBERT HAINSEY OG/C Notre Dame

Round 6, Pick 185 ELIJAH MITCHELL RB LA/LAFAYETTE

Round 6, Pick 198 COLE VAN LANEN OT Wisconsin

Round 7, Pick 241 WYATT HUBERT DE/ER Kansas State

A bit of selective help for the Defense in STOKES, WILSON & HUBERT, but the main focus was surrounding JUSTIN HERBERT with more weapons, and especially more protection. SLATER will be expected to start, hopefully on the outside. HAINSEY gets a shot on the Interior, and his versatility should, at the very least, provide depth on the entire IOL. BROWN is a quicker than fast weapon to go with their returning vets. MITCHELL is a sleeper of sorts, who shared the load with RAGAS last season, then blazed a 4.38/40 at his Pro Day.

RAIDERS

Round 1, Pick 17 ELIJAH VERA-TUCKER OG Southern Cal

Round 2, Pick 48 JEVON HOLLAND S Oregon

Round 3, Pick 79 DYLAN MOSES LB Alabama

Round 3, Pick 80 SPENCER BROWN OT N. Iowa

Round 4, Pick 121 KELLEN MOND QB Texas A&M

Round 5, Pick 162 TONY POLJAN TE Virginia

Round 5, Pick 167 BENJAMIN ST-JUSTE DB/ST Minnesota

Round 6, Pick 200 WILLIAM BRADLEY-KING ER/DE Baylor

Their OL is in major rebuild and VERA-TUCKER & BROWN could both start in the near future. GM MAYOCK got Gruden his QB toy with KELLEN MOND, who should be a real challenge for Chucky. When he’s good, he’s really good, but when he is off, it gets ugly. Several DB’s should give you a clue that OL is not their only high emphasis rebuild position group. HOLLAND is felt by many to be the best S in this Draft. ST-JUSTE should immediately boost Special Teams play, while coaches try to locate their best role in the secondary. MOSES was a star LB for the Tide before injuries cut him down in 2019. He looked good at times in 2020, so the hope is he’s back 100% for 2021 as a pro.

CHIEFS

Round 1, Pick 31 SAM COSMI OT Texas

Round 2, Pick 63 BREVIN JORDAN TE Miami (F)

Round 3, Pick 94 NICO COLLINS WR Michigan

Round 4, Pick 136 CAMRYN BYNUM CB Cal

Round 4, Pick 144 DERRICK BARNES IB Purdue

Round 5, Pick 175 ADRIAN EALY OT Oklahoma

Round 5, Pick 181 DeANGELO MALONE OB/ER Western Kentucky

Round 6, Pick 207 IAN BOOK QB Notre Dame

The days of the championship team not needing any help are long gone in this league. After cutting both of their vet OT’s for Cap and durability issues, the team set out to patch things up. They plugged inside with VFA, but used this Draft to find two eventual starters in COSMI (sooner) and EALY (later). KELCE may be elite, but he ain’t getting any younger. JORDAN could be another killer weapon for Mr. Mahomes. NICO COLLINS gives Mahomes a large target to look for to supplement the speedsters like TYREEK and HARDMAN. BARNES had a stellar career in relative obscurity in West Lafayette, IN. BYNUM will shine on Special Teams and as a hard hitter in their secondary.

I don’t see any major flaws in the 4 team’s Drafts in this Division. I like 3 of the 4 teams looking for a young developmental/back-up QB on Day Three of the Draft. IMO, nice balance here between need and best available in general.

Pigskin

Up next the NFC East!
                  Pigskin shorted us a pick. Pick #97 is round 3 not 4. Missing #118.

I dont think there is anyway we dont draft a safety in this class with a need and the way we will use them.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

My latest mock using NFL Mock Draft:

#13 OT Christian Darrisaw. The one "long-armed" prospect among the 1st round tackle prospects. I think both BS and TT believe that arm length is an advantage @OT.
                    #47 CB Asante Samuels Jr. BS said that the CB position has to cover man v man both press and off-man. Samuels is very good at both.
                    #77 NCB/S Elijah Molden. One of my favorite prospects. His 4.60 40-yard dash has him falling on most boards. Also like Jamar Johnson.
                    #97 CB/S Benjamin St. Juste. Another prospect that I believe can play both CB and safety. Plays better facing the ball. Versatility. Can cover WR's as a safety. Depth.
                    #118 DE Elerson Smith. Depth behind Bosa. Still growing and developing as a player. Good Senior Bowl.
                    #159 DT Jonathan Marshall. Could play at DT or NT. Really good at shooting gaps. Versatile. His RAS was outstanding.
                    #185 RB Elijah Mitchell. Did he really run a 4.35...? Depth.
                    #198 OG Josh Sills. Long armed OG played next to Teven Jenkins last year. Depth. BS seems to really like Aboushi @RG. I liked Aboushi coming out of college.
                    #241 TE/P Zach Davidson. On my radar many moons ago. Development behind Cook and Parham. BS says TE's are receivers first... punters second...?

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      My latest mock using NFL Mock Draft:

#13 OT Christian Darrisaw. The one "long-armed" prospect among the 1st round tackle prospects. I think both BS and TT believe that arm length is an advantage @OT.
                      #47 CB Asante Samuels Jr. BS said that the CB position has to cover man v man both press and off-man. Samuels is very good at both.
                      #77 NCB/S Elijah Molden. One of my favorite prospects. His 4.60 40-yard dash has him falling on most boards. Also like Jamar Johnson.
                      #97 CB/S Benjamin St. Juste. Another prospect that I believe can play both CB and safety. Plays better facing the ball. Versatility. Can cover WR's as a safety. Depth.
                      #118 DE Elerson Smith. Depth behind Bosa. Still growing and developing as a player. Good Senior Bowl.
                      #159 DT Jonathan Marshall. Could play at DT or NT. Really good at shooting gaps. Versatile. His RAS was outstanding.
                      #185 RB Elijah Mitchell. Did he really run a 4.35...? Depth.
                      #198 OG Josh Sills. Long armed OG played next to Teven Jenkins last year. Depth. BS seems to really like Aboushi @RG. I liked Aboushi coming out of college.
                      #241 TE/P Zach Davidson. On my radar many moons ago. Development behind Cook and Parham. BS says TE's are receivers first... punters second...?
                      Love it.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Mock 30.JPG

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Pigskin shorted us a pick. Pick #97 is round 3 not 4. Missing #118.

I dont think there is anyway we dont draft a safety in this class with a need and the way we will use them.
                          Ill let him know. Good eye.

Comment

Working...
                          X