That is a pump up the D draft for sure. Tonga is a great add,

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

That is a pump up the D draft for sure. Tonga is a great add,
          Very Safety heavy as Staley would like. Can do a lot of things if you knock out LT early, even add Sproles 2.0 Would have liked CB earlier but this is a really good and deep safety class. Next years corner crop is going to be stellar, address with first rounder then.

just to piggyback on this draft and corner selection, Richie Grant was highest prospect on my board #47 wasn’t even close. Otherwise would have selected Eric Stokes. Rondale was a sandwich pick, meaning equal grade to Stokes but much higher than those around him #77. He could fall this far I suppose as WR class is deep and teams will be real grabby for OL to protect their shiny new QB’s. Otherwise had planned to select Paulson Adebo.

My interior crush, Quinn Meinerz was off the board by time Chargers 2nd rd. pick rolled around. Had expected flip of Grant and Quinn. Again, OL run will be a real deal so Chargers must select one early.
          Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 04-21-2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Interesting mock. A ton of prospects I would be excited to see in TPB!

I detailed in a previous article that Sewell would have to fall past the Bengals, who are another team that should be looking to find their left tackle of the future.

But considering Cincinnati could be eyeing LSU wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, there’s a legitimate possibility that Sewell will be available at least up to the No. 7 overall selection where the Lions will be picking.

Let’s say that comes to fruition, general manager Tom Telesco moves up six spots, sacrificing No. 13 overall, No. 77 (third-round) and next year’s first-round pick for Detroit’s No. 7 and No. 153 (fifth-round) to get his guy.

Let’s lay out how the team could go about this:

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              They aint panned out yet
              And he should be judged on his results. My comment was because I think way too much emphasis is placed on what round a player was drafted in and that really doesn't matter. Ekeler went undrafted so that means every single team in the league missed on him and he certainly is better than many RBs who were drafted. Many of those drafted RBs are busts or out of the league. Hence my point about it not mattering how a player is acquired.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Very Safety heavy as Staley would like. Can do a lot of things if you knock out LT early, even add Sproles 2.0 Would have liked CB earlier but this is a really good and deep safety class. Next years corner crop is going to be stellar, address with first rounder then.

just to piggyback on this draft and corner selection, Richie Grant was highest prospect on my board #47 wasn’t even close. Otherwise would have selected Eric Stokes. Rondale was a sandwich pick, meaning equal grade to Stokes but much higher than those around him #77. He could fall this far I suppose as WR class is deep and teams will be real grabby for OL to protect their shiny new QB’s. Otherwise had planned to select Paulson Adebo.

My interior crush, Quinn Meinerz was off the board by time Chargers 2nd rd. pick rolled around. Had expected flip of Grant and Quinn. Again, OL run will be a real deal so Chargers must select one early.
                I'll tell ya......I have DIII disease after Pipkins and am just not sold on him this high. He really seems to be a feel good story as he moves up boards, but I simply remain skeptical after Pip.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I'll tell ya......I have DIII disease after Pipkins and am just not sold on him this high. He really seems to be a feel good story as he moves up boards, but I simply remain skeptical after Pip.
                  two are just not related in any way shape of form. Did Pipkins dominate competition Division 3?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    Interesting mock. A ton of prospects I would be excited to see in TPB!

I might do that deal. That way, we keep our 2nd rounder and get an extra 5th...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Good draft !
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Mel Kiper's 3-round Bolt mock:

Round 1, No. 13, Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

If you're placing a bet on who L.A. will select in the first-round, I'd say to put the majority of your money on Darrisaw.

After hearing head coach Brandon Staley talk at his press conference, he wants to get bigger along the offensive line, and Darrisaw possesses the size and length necessary at 6-foot-4 and 322 pounds with 34 1/4-inch arms.

I've said this before but if Penei Sewell and Rashawn Slater are off the board, my first preference would be Teven Jenkins. However, Darrisaw would be a fine selection still.

Overall, Darrisaw needs to become a better finisher, but he has excellent ability in pass protection, physicality in the run game, size and length and overall experience at the position, having 35 starts at left tackle. McShay surprised me by taking Rashawn Slater at No. 8, but I don't think it's out of the question that Darrisaw goes this high. He could be LA's starter at left tackle as a rookie.

Round 2, No. 47, Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State

In the second-round after taking a tackle, I'd like to see the Chargers address the secondary. However, Staley could be looking to find his ideal edge defender to compliment Uchenna Nwosu.

Like I mentioned in an article when describing Staley's mold for a player at the position, he covets length, explosiveness and the ability to set the edge versus tight ends and dominate the edge in the run game.

Oweh checks all the boxes.

Standing at 6-foot-4 and 257 pounds with 34 1/2-inch arms, Oweh is an athletic freak off the edge with excellent speed (4.37 40) and hand quickness to stress blockers.

While unrefined with his technique and counters, Oweh is the type of player that Staley would love to develop. Oweh has gotten some buzz as a first-rounder because of his athletic traits, but I wouldn't take a chance on him that high. The Chargers can let him be a situational pass-rusher as a rookie.

Round 3, No. 77, Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota

The Chargers finally address the cornerback position in Round 3.

Hailing at 6-foot-3 and 208 pounds with a wingspan of more than 80 inches, St-Juste uses his length and strength to his advantage to jam receivers at the line of scrimmage and at the catch point to disrupt throwing lanes. He also has fantastic speed and agility to stay attached down the field.

With L.A., St-Juste could be a versatile defensive back who plays on the outside and some safety. His deep speed, length and competitive toughness would carry over well as a gunner or jammer on special teams coverage units, as well. It was either corner or receiver here, and St-Juste has some upside. He made only 14 starts in college after transferring from Michigan. He could be‚ Chris Harris Jr's successor.

Round 3, No. 97, Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford

I would round out the secondary by taking a safety here, but addressing the wide receiver position with his an eventual starter is not a bad way to go, knowing that Mike Williams will be playing in the final year of his contract.

Standing at 6-foot-3 and 222 pounds, Fehoko possesses outstanding an size/speed combination. His frame, body control and ability to high-point the football should lead to early success as a red zone and possession target,

When combining his vertical speed to eat up cushion and his solid tracking skills and physicality against defensive backs, Fehoko could quickly turn into a go-to target for quarterback Justin Herbert. Fehoko is a 6-foot-4 receiver who averaged 23.6 yards per catch in 2019. If the Chargers let Mike Williams walk next offseason, Fehoko could be the favorite to replace him. He needs to get red zone targets as well.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...nd-mock-draft/
                        Last edited by Topcat; 04-22-2021, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Like Sewell trade but not that realistic because it’s gonna cost more than what value chart says. Sorry guys it just does.

Also would have to see the board and who is available at each pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X