X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Parcells View Post

There are a lot of people projecting Jordan Davis from Georgia to us at 17. Guy is a monster and would anchor the middle of the line.
    I do not see Davis as being worth #17. The year we picked Tillery (2019), Dexter Lawrence went at #17. IMO, Lawrence is a much better player that Davis.

While I think Davis is likely to go off the board in round 2, it would not shock me to see him still on the board at the beginning of round 3.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

There are a lot of people projecting Jordan Davis from Georgia to us at 17. Guy is a monster and would anchor the middle of the line.
      He is a monster in the run game. But he's a one-trick pony, and probably not a three-down player. I see him as an early 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He is a monster in the run game. But he's a one-trick pony, and probably not a three-down player. I see him as an early 2nd round pick.
        Kiper in his mock today has the Chargers taking Jordan Davis

Dane Brugler of the Athletic has the Chargers taking Penning (OT) and PhiDarian Mathis - IDL from Alabama

I like the Brugler picks - all things equal, getting RT and IDL with picks in R1 and 2 would be excellent

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Dane Brugler of the Athletic has the Chargers taking Penning (OT) and PhiDarian Mathis - IDL from Alabama

I like the Brugler picks - all things equal, getting RT and IDL with picks in R1 and 2 would be excellent
          Trapaso has us taking Ojabo...

The Draft Network - Trevor Penning...

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

I do like Mathis, talk about getting some young, fresh, talent!

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Their starting CBs are good. Slay is a 4x Pro Bowler and finished with a PFF grade over 80 this year. Their other starting CB finished with a PFF grade over 70. Neither is a free agent, though one their reserve CBs is.

Similarly, Cox and Hargrave are solid starters in PHI's 4-3 interior DL and neither is a free agent.
              Both Cox and Slay are 31: they are old and expensive.
              Hargrave means they won't be going after a space eater DT.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Trapaso has us taking Ojabo...

The Draft Network - Trevor Penning...
                Penning at RT could shore up our Oline and start day 1.... If there is not a pass rusher or LB like Dallas drafted last year then I could live with this pick I'm sure Herbert would be happy!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Agreed on this, as long as Mathis or any IDL drafted in the 2nd round is an actual upgrade. On Penning, I like his size (but Pip has good size too), but let's see how he does at the Senior Bowl. I see him as a late round first rounder. I think I like Bernhard Raimann better at No. 17.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Brugler also has Hamilton dropping to 7, is that still too early to consider trading up for derwin 2.0?
                    not Telesco's style but the Notre Dame aspect could cause a break in character
                    it's Derwin insurance but also considering how important the position(s) are to Staleys scheme. The defense runs back to front.
                    Just letting my mind dabble outside of POS
                    I think we will have addressed most of our PON through FA, setting us up with some flexibility in the draft.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Brugler also has Hamilton dropping to 7, is that still too early to consider trading up for derwin 2.0?
                      it's Derwin insurance but also considering how important the position(s) are to Staleys scheme. The defense runs back to front.
                      I think we will have addressed most of our PON through FA, setting us up with some flexibility in the draft.
                      First, trading up has not been successful for Telesco - so I would say no
                      Trading down - now that would make sense possibly depending on two things
                      1) what the value is you are getting, how far down are you going
                      2) what players are not on the board at 17 you want so there is a grouping from say 20-25 that makes sense

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Trading up for a Notre Dame player is very much Telesco's style.

Just hope he doesn't trade away Herbert & two number 1 picks to do it.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Just another thought, if we continue to go for it on fourth down, which I'm sure we will, we are going to need a better right side to the OL. So yes, OT in the first is a real possibility.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X