• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

No way Araiza gets to day 3. We need to shop FA for a decent P if we pass on him.
    If JoJo Wooten is hired by the Bears - and they will probably hire Polles so the Chiefs get the two picks - but if Wooten is hired by the Bears

that could allow the Chargers Araiza at the end of Day 2

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

All this punter talk has my head spinning. Fix the defense first. We rarely punt. And if the defense gets better, I don’t see punting anymore than we do.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
        All this punter talk has my head spinning. Fix the defense first. We rarely punt. And if the defense gets better, I don’t see punting anymore than we do.

Mock 22.0.png

Mock 21.0.png

We can fix the defense and improve the special teams at the same time.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
          The defense better improve and once it does there is no excuse to go for stupid 4rth downs. Going for it should still be a strategic play when actually needed. I’m no anti analytics old timer by any stretch but extremes are bad, a coach has to pay attention to the ebb and flow of a game too.
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The defense better improve and once it does there is no excuse to go for stupid 4rth downs. Going for it should still be a strategic play when actually needed. I’m no anti analytics old timer by any stretch but extremes are bad, a coach has to pay attention to the ebb and flow of a game too.
            STaley admitted why he went for it on his own 27 against the Browns
            he didn't think the defense was going to stop the Browns

So yes, if Staley has a better defense - he might change his way he goes on 4th downs. Or he might be more aggressive knowing he has a better defense!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

The Eagles' picks will bracket the Chargers' 17th pick, they currently own 15th, 16th and 19th picks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The Eagles' picks will bracket the Chargers' 17th pick, they currently own 15th, 16th and 19th picks.
                They don't need an OT, so that is good;
                they need defensive linemen & corners, so that is bad.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yeah, for the Bolts I think DL is the top priority. But I don't see any DL worthy of drafting in the first round, do you? But there may be a couple of OT still on the board that may be worth the No. 17 pick, namely Iken Ekwonu or Bernhard Raimann.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Yeah, for the Bolts I think DL is the top priority. But I don't see any DL worthy of drafting in the first round, do you? But there may be a couple of OT still on the board that may be worth the No. 17 pick, namely Iken Ekwonu or Bernhard Raimann.
                    Me, probably no! Maybe Demarvin Leal.
                    Some here love Travon Walker and a few like Ajabo.

After a brief flirtation with Charlie Cross, it is unlikely he & Ekwonu will be available in the teens.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

There are a lot of people projecting Jordan Davis from Georgia to us at 17. Guy is a monster and would anchor the middle of the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thank you brother chain, doing very well on now day 6 and well beyond the risk zone - blessed and grateful.

I guess what’s confusing is the only point I can see of you saying Tbilly was a key factor is to re-present it as somehow relevant to your prior repeated position. The two are completely unrelated. His forced fumble adds zero evidence to your long running position. Jmo.

you have to first fire Lombardi and reinstall Steichen’s offense. Tbilly would not be playing in the 2020 offense if he had been here. You discount the coaches who determined he could not execute the new system. They saw all the tape you watched last year. They also saw him every day in practice, in meetings, and working out, which you didn’t. So he went to JAX, and he couldn’t execute there either. Then he popped up in LV, but he didn’t execute that offense either. So its all just conjecture by you. Thats fine, we heard ya. And heard ya. And heard ya. You can have that opinion, but you were a lawyer for way too long if you think that makes it fact.

I’m a former engineer background, last 20 yrs I’ve been in medical device leading teams in quality, regulatory, and relevant here - risk management. we don’t make those leaps of assumption as people die if we do. A component that worked in Product A is never assumed to work the same in Product B because, again, people die if we’re wrong.
                        I am not suggesting that Johnson being a key factor in the loss to the Raiders is relevant to his usefulness as a WR. His impact on the Raider game is a separate, stand alone point.

Concerning Johnson's usefulness as a WR, another point, the fact is that in 2020 the Herbert to Johnson combination produced the highest QB rating in the entire NFL. There is no assumption about that.

Regarding the "infallibility" of GMs and coaches when it comes to personnel decisions, do I really need to explain just how frequently GMs and coaches are wrong? Nobody drafted Ekeler. We cut Wes Welker. And Anthony Lynn started Tyrod Taylor over Justin Herbert. That Staley decided only to keep 5 WRs and keep Hill over Johnson is a huge knock against Staley because it was such an obvious screw up.

Also, I blame our coaches if they could not get the same production out of Johnson as a first year play caller saddled with Anthony Lynn as a head coach could. Would you blame Herbert if the coaches decided that from here on out we would run the wishbone offense (running almost 100% of the time), so we should keep Stick and cut Herbert? Or would you think the coaches were not taking full advantage of the players they had? Similarly, there is a large degree of difference in talent between Johnson and Hill, but we decided for reasons escaping all understanding to cut the more talented player.

And how did our coaches fail to comprehend the advantages of having multiple speedy WRs in terms of both the deep (increased offensive explosiveness) and shorter (speedy receivers clearing out underneath zones) passing games? It is almost as if they had not watched a single Chiefs game from the past 3 seasons leading up to this season.

I said before the season that our explosive very deep passing game would suffer without Johnson and it did.

Again, Johnson's performance for other teams is 100% irrelevant when his performance with us has already been proven.

Your medical device analogy does not hold up in my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Their starting CBs are good. Slay is a 4x Pro Bowler and finished with a PFF grade over 80 this year. Their other starting CB finished with a PFF grade over 70. Neither is a free agent, though one their reserve CBs is.

Similarly, Cox and Hargrave are solid starters in PHI's 4-3 interior DL and neither is a free agent.

Comment

Working...
                          X