• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Just another thought, if we continue to go for it on fourth down, which I'm sure we will, we are going to need a better right side to the OL. So yes, OT in the first is a real possibility.
    All things equal from a talent standpoint. Meaning if you have a player ranked 12 on your board (not QB, RB) - but even WR and they are there are 17 - I think you take talent. But if at all possible the pick at 17 should be CB, IDL or RT

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Trading up has been the Kiss of Death for TT.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Trading up has been the Kiss of Death for TT.
        just say no to the trade up

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

We have the QB and LT, if anything trade down. I can envision Jerruh trading up to 17 for Jameson Williams thinking the best trio of WRS in the NFL is the help Dak needs to make them a SB contender.

17 + 114 + 145 (1049 pts) for 24 + 56 (1070 pts)

24,48,56 would be a great opportunity to draft 3 starters and possible 4th at 79.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Just another thought, if we continue to go for it on fourth down, which I'm sure we will, we are going to need a better right side to the OL. So yes, OT in the first is a real possibility.
            Isn't Oday Aboushi at LG and Trey Pipkens back at RT and running with the 1st unit and a second day choice at RT enough to address that?

This is my mock 20.0 as a visual for that same principle. The reason I am so particular, is 3 out of the first four picks must address the front seven, IMO,
            it needs a major overhaul and a major transfusion of talent, for this team to take the next step.

20.0.png

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Isn't Oday Aboushi at LG and Trey Pipkens back at RT and running with the 1st unit and a second day choice at RT enough to address that?

This is my mock 20.0 as a visual for that same principle. The reason I am so particular, is 3 out of the first four picks must address the front seven, IMO,
              it needs a major overhaul and a major transfusion of talent, for this team to take the next step.

20.0.png
              Not as much as a 1st rounder would. The needs on this team are so great we could go for 4 different positions and it would be a solid pick.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Not as much as a 1st rounder would. The needs on this team are so great we could go for 4 different positions and it would be a solid pick.
                Agree - if they could land a pro bowler at CB, DL or Edge that would be a major boost to the D. BPA at one of those positions would be a solid move.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The only way to trade up is not giving up a lot in return for a few spots. Other than that there should be plenty of players we can pick from at #17. I think this draft is deep for players that we need so more picks in the first 3 rounds would be a plus for us.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

I think the finish up building the Oline with the one of the first 2 picks. This is the year they start really building the D. Which I don’t think they will get all the pieces they need this year like they didn’t quite finish up the Oline last year. I believe they get a couple Dlinemen via free agency, in get another one in the draft. I truly believe, the 1st 2 picks will be Dline and Oline.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                      I think the finish up building the Oline with the one of the first 2 picks. This is the year they start really building the D. Which I don’t think they will get all the pieces they need this year like they didn’t quite finish up the Oline last year. I believe they get a couple Dlinemen via free agency, in get another one in the draft. I truly believe, the 1st 2 picks will be Dline and Oline.
                      Agree

I think Free agency will be similar to last year - and by free agency, I mean after they bring back their own key free agents (Jones, White, Nwosu, MW plus others). But I can see free agency having a mix of one expensive and one or two lesser priced guys. And you just hope to hit like you did with Aboushi for just over the Vet Minimum

But the draft - first four rounds - I can see RT, IDL and CB - in whatever order. Possibly RB too.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                        Oline and edge.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Charlie Cross is sitting there at #13, i'd be tempted. Baltimore picks next and Ronnie Stanley has missed the last two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                          X