• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    Our offense was already too 5…just imagine how bad our defense would have rated if the offense also sucked and couldn’t hold the ball.
    Just imagine Herb gettin cracked by Crosby twice a year because TTs RT projects werent replaced.Herb is the franchise,protect the franchise.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Just imagine Herb gettin cracked by Crosby twice a year because TTs RT projects werent replaced.Herb is the franchise,protect the franchise.
      In the 2nd or 3rd round, yes.
      Maybe in FA.
      But not in the 1st, please.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        A RT can't stop the opposite running back !
        No, but a RT can help keep the opposing RB on the sideline, where he can't gash the Bolts' defense.

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

McShay's latest mock draft has us trading trading with the Steelers (rumblings are they want Malik Willis) and then taking Jordan Davis at 20. The Jordan Davis part of it aside, thoughts on trading back with the Steelers generally? If the the Steelers pick a QB at #17, I don't think moving back to #20 will matter much for us given that its the Saints at #18 (I suspect they want a QB or WR) and then the Eagles with their third pick of the first round at #19 (they don't need Jordan Davis or a RT, but someone like Ojabo, Dean or McDuffie if he somehow lasts that long could go there).

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
            McShay's latest mock draft has us trading trading with the Steelers (rumblings are they want Malik Willis) and then taking Jordan Davis at 20. The Jordan Davis part of it aside, thoughts on trading back with the Steelers generally? If the the Steelers pick a QB at #17, I don't think moving back to #20 will matter much for us given that its the Saints at #18 (I suspect they want a QB or WR) and then the Eagles with their third pick of the first round at #19 (they don't need Jordan Davis or a RT, but someone like Ojabo, Dean or McDuffie if he somehow lasts that long could go there).
            We have so many PONs, that I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots provided we get a decent additional pick for the trade down. This would be predicated, of course, that some of our #1 graded players are still available at #20. I'm just hoping that TT & Staley are working BTW on this and every other potential scenario that would benefit us in the draft. Earn your keep, Tom, and please listen to Brandon's advice.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Let's get greedy.
              How about a bidding war between PIT & NO ?
              They both want one particular QB.
              They each know of the others preference.
              NO would have to trade up one spot.
              And offer more than PIT.
              Maybe some cap relief can get thrown in, with a new LAC extension.
              There are several NO players we have to like.
              The Lombardi, Wilhoite connection.
              Hmmmmm.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Kennedy Brooks is RB that somehow has been under the radar and projected to go 5th or 6th for some reason. I know he’s not the fastest and doesn’t have a lot of receptions(he can learn). But he seems to be a patient runner and does not go down easy. All he has done in 3 seasons is.

Rushing Yards- 3,320
                Rushing TDs- 31
                YPC- 7

If he is there in the 5th, I would draft him in a heart beat. I would take him in the 3rd or 4th if the Chargers didn’t have bigger needs.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

I have trouble imagining a #17 rookie OT dominating Max Crosby. We are not likely to draft a Slater clone there. We did a lousy job as a team vs Crosby Jan 9. Where was Crosby Oct 14?
                  This is not an argument against an OT at 17 if he's an actual best player available. With or without a R OT, we have to do a better job providing help vs a top edge that's on fire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I don't mind moving back a few spots but depends on who is on the board. I'm not in on the Jordon Davis bandwagon. I'd pass on him for others.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't mind moving back a few spots but depends on who is on the board. I'm not in on the Jordon Davis bandwagon. I'd pass on him for others.
                      Agree on not wanting Jordan Davis in the first. There are certain things that make me wonder if he is the guy to become truly elite. I don’t like the idea of spending a first on a guy won’t be making an impact on passing downs in a passing league. The run D needs to get better, and it starts with the D line. But between free agency and picks in the 2nd and 3rd, I’d rather use the first on something other than Davis.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Want them to throw Murray in a trade down to get Devin Lloyd, long as we’re dreaming.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

We have so many PONs, that I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots provided we get a decent additional pick for the trade down. This would be predicated, of course, that some of our #1 graded players are still available at #20. I'm just hoping that TT & Staley are working BTW on this and every other potential scenario that would benefit us in the draft. Earn your keep, Tom, and please listen to Brandon's advice.
                          PON starters? Hard to say without knowing how we handle resigning our own. I have one - DT.
                          Regards RT, they need to give Pipkins a shot. Draft a #2.

Comment

Working...
                          X