• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

A 2-down immovable run stuffing NT that puts opponents in 3rd and >7 is exactly what we need on the DL. you guys are all wrong and part of the “NT is no longer of value” chorus of smart guys that have led to our continual selection of undersized DL that get blown off the line every play.

Chargers got curb stomped up the A gap all year long. If he can shut that shit down and force long 3rd downs, he can take a fucking nap on the sideline on 3rd down for all I care.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      A 2-down immovable run stuffing NT that puts opponents in 3rd and >7 is exactly what we need on the DL. you guys are all wrong and part of the “NT is no longer of value” chorus of smart guys that have led to our continual selection of undersized DL that get blown off the line every play.

Chargers got curb stomped up the A gap all year long. If he can shut that shit down and force long 3rd downs, he can take a fucking nap on the sideline on 3rd down for all I care.
      Agree, but in the 2nd round
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

I want that and have wanted it since Jamal Williams left.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Possibly. I think more of a Terrance Cody hype/type?

Oh man...forgot about Yuba's love for Nix!
          Terrance Cody was a mountain in the literal sense: he was stuck in one place.

Davis is not T. Cody, he can really flow to the football.

Nix's career was ruined by injuries....he had a knee injury at Notre Dame of some type, if i am not mistaken.
          That is why he dropped to the 3rd round.

Nix tragically died recently.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

New England and Baltimore always seem to have monsters in the middle of their D-line.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Agree, but in the 2nd round
              Guys who are basically run stuffers drop to the top of the 2nd round or further down.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

New England and Baltimore always seem to have monsters in the middle of their D-line.
                They have a better team building philosophy than we have
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

As stated yesterday by TT the run defense must be fixed. We must get to Third and ~ Seven and get stops.

As also stated run defense these days is a team concept--11 defenders playing their assignments with proper technique. That is more than stoutness. Think of all these options, jet sweeps and outside zones.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    As stated yesterday by TT the run defense must be fixed. We must get to Third and ~ Seven and get stops.

As also stated run defense these days is a team concept--11 defenders playing their assignments with proper technique. That is more than stoutness. Think of all these options, jet sweeps and outside zones.
                    Yes, but you multiply your problems if you have pussies on the DLine who get pushed around by opposing Oline.

in other words, the more dominant the DL is, the easier it is for the rest of the defenders to handle their responsibilities

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Yes, but you multiply your problems if you have pussies on the DLine who get pushed around by opposing Oline.

in other words, the more dominant the DL is, the easier it is for the rest of the defenders to handle their responsibilities
                      True.
                      I just happen to like the value of Marquan McCall of Kentucky
                      ​​​​​​pover using pick #17 overall on Jordan Davis of Georgia.
                      Let's leave no stone unturned.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

True.
                        I just happen to like the value of Marquan McCall of Kentucky
                        ​​​​​​pover using pick #17 overall on Jordan Davis of Georgia.
                        Let's leave no stone unturned.
                        I do like his attitude & motor.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

It starts up front in the middle and thats IDL -
                          followed by pass rush
                          and DBs.

Jeez can we get Reuben Davis/Parella or Hand back or Jamal Williams or whatever it takes

I just want a big stout dominant DLine

Comment

Working...
                          X