• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Tillery has a partly guaranteed salary. Releasing him frees up $900k in cap space.

Fehoko and Gaziano are fine as depth, but we need to add 2 or 3 (if Jones isn't back) as the frontline starters.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Tillery has a partly guaranteed salary. Releasing him frees up $900k in cap space.

Fehoko and Gaziano are fine as depth, but we need to add 2 or 3 (if Jones isn't back) as the frontline starters.
      thanks for that update on Tillery
      not really worth releasing him than if you have to pay him so much of his salary
      Telesco cannot pick up his 5th year option though

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

not really worth releasing him than if you have to pay him so much of his salary
        Isn't there a date deadline to pick that up? Is it this year or next?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Isn't there a date deadline to pick that up? Is it this year or next?
          I think 5th year options need to be picked up sometime post draft in May

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

A roster spot is worth....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

A roster spot is worth....
              NOt sure what you mean by this.. but the savings for Tillery would equate to a minimum level player
              Only real risk is injury

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                You know, we all enjoy coming up with these little plans or predictions...its a lot of fun...but regardless of whatever latest version I dream up and put in my sig below, it all boils down to this...how often are we gonna be in a position to draft elite edge talent that in most other years, would be gone by pick 10 or 12 at the latest? Call me a homer, but I see us mostly in the 20 plus range for years to come...this edge class may be too good to miss out on, even if they love Rumph, and resign Uchenna. Ill come up with a number of draft scenarios between now and the big day, but in the end, if I had to place a bet....it will be edge.

If we lost Bosa to injury for a significant period, it would be nearly crippling to the defense, as is...only Herbert and maybe Slater would be bigger losses. But you cant keep two marquee QBs...just doesnt work, cause you can only play one...but you sure can play two monster edge guys...again, my money is on edge.

By the way...was Staley in Denver when they decided to pick Chubb, and pair him up with Miller on the other side for two monster edge? Either way, he was there for some of it...bet he appreciated having both those guys, especially when one of them was injured, when he was an assistant on that defense. Staleys mantra with the Rams was an effective 4 man rush...2 good edge really helps that...just saying.
                Thank you.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I'm fine with Staley remaking the IDL in his own vision, regardless of who (Jones) he doesn't bring back. He has a near blank slate to start with, he should bring in players who best fit his particular skill requirements.

Same with the inside linebacker group, bring in guys that meet your needs, not guys who have been here and aren't quite a match for his version of the D.

Signing our own FAs or someone elses, they are still going to be market based contracts.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Not worth cutting Tillery if the savings are that small.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

You know, we all enjoy coming up with these little plans or predictions...its a lot of fun...but regardless of whatever latest version I dream up and put in my sig below, it all boils down to this...how often are we gonna be in a position to draft elite edge talent that in most other years, would be gone by pick 10 or 12 at the latest? Call me a homer, but I see us mostly in the 20 plus range for years to come...this edge class may be too good to miss out on, even if they love Rumph, and resign Uchenna. Ill come up with a number of draft scenarios between now and the big day, but in the end, if I had to place a bet....it will be edge.

If we lost Bosa to injury for a significant period, it would be nearly crippling to the defense, as is...only Herbert and maybe Slater would be bigger losses. But you cant keep two marquee QBs...just doesnt work, cause you can only play one...but you sure can play two monster edge guys...again, my money is on edge.

By the way...was Staley in Denver when they decided to pick Chubb, and pair him up with Miller on the other side for two monster edge? Either way, he was there for some of it...bet he appreciated having both those guys, especially when one of them was injured, when he was an assistant on that defense. Staleys mantra with the Rams was an effective 4 man rush...2 good edge really helps that...just saying.
                      No, Staley arrived the year after in 2019 with Fangio’s staff.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Your perspective is legit.
                        I ask who can we draft at 17 that most improves the chances of winning in 2022?
                        I value top DBs in the draft.
                        DJ, Samuel and Davis all have injury histories. We need at least 6 very good DBs and they are not easy to find either.
                        It depends on who comes off in 1 - 16. Just go BPA per Staley.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Tillery in the final year of his deal - going to make just over $2m in salary. Thats not much cap savings if you release him as you have to sign somebody but can you find a player better for say 2.5m bucks.

AS for Fehoko and Gaziano - fine to bring into camp but the depth needs to be better.
                          I don't want to release him - just don't want him to be first off the bench.
                          His role should be limited to pass rushing qbs, or depth at defensive end.

When a starter at DT goes down, i don't want Staley to cast his eyes on Tillery, Fehoko or Gaziano.
                          Maybe, they survive one game (& everyone here, including myself, get giddy); they get steam rolled the next.

Comment

Working...
                          X