• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The bearded guy is ok. Don't know his name,. .....but the other two. Ive watched a few last year but stopped.

Another one, a Dark haired guy who does a YouTube podcast, I think it's called the director ? He is entertaining but he also may as well be here lol. But I like his approach. I've watched here and there on him but you don't learn anything different.
    He's just giving his opinion making a video and making money with his followers lol.
    Steven is the bearded guy. Arjun is on as a guest, got picked up by PFF last year. Tall, skinny, dark hair.

I'm not holding them on a pedestal but I found those thoughts interesting.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If Nwosu is resigned, edge at #17 might be out there for less than half the defensive snaps.
      A corner will be out there most of the time.

I'm not opposed to one or the other: choose the better player without worrying about position.
      At #17, RT will not be that guy.

Too much "we need to choose this position or that" for my taste.
      At the end of the process, the Chargers will have a sub-optimal player or two playing a lot of snaps next year.
      Make sure the guys around him are studs.
      I don't think that's necessarily true. Bosa wants to get snaps as an interior rusher and is an impact player there. Assume he gets 15% of snaps there. That's 215% total snaps or about 72% x 3. Pass rush is tiring and 75% is about ideal, whoch is why a rotation is needed.

Yes, slot CB will play 85% of snaps. But we've seen our defense (and others) wear out at the end of games. Quality depth prevents that.

I'm not tied to any position but I don't think there's any chance the third edge is <50%.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If Nwosu is resigned, edge at #17 might be out there for less than half the defensive snaps.
        A corner will be out there most of the time.

I'm not opposed to one or the other: choose the better player without worrying about position.
        At #17, RT will not be that guy.

Too much "we need to choose this position or that" for my taste.
        At the end of the process, the Chargers will have a sub-optimal player or two playing a lot of snaps next year.
        Make sure the guys around him are studs.
        Just think we can get that CB in the 2nd/3rd round. Stud EDGE, nah.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I don't think that's necessarily true. Bosa wants to get snaps as an interior rusher and is an impact player there. Assume he gets 15% of snaps there. That's 215% total snaps or about 72% x 3. Pass rush is tiring and 75% is about ideal, whoch is why a rotation is needed.

Yes, slot CB will play 85% of snaps. But we've seen our defense (and others) wear out at the end of games. Quality depth prevents that.

I'm not tied to any position but I don't think there's any chance the third edge is <50%.
          That depends on who they draft at edge.
          If he hits the ground running, then i imagine you are right;
          if not, i can see one failing to reach the 50% thresh hold.

I can see Ojabo in that position; Karlaftis, i couldn't say;
          the FSU kid, probably not.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Just think we can get that CB in the 2nd/3rd round. Stud EDGE, nah.
            You mean you don't trust Telesco in identifying one in the 2nd/3rd round - they more often than not exist in those rounds.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

You know, we all enjoy coming up with these little plans or predictions...its a lot of fun...but regardless of whatever latest version I dream up and put in my sig below, it all boils down to this...how often are we gonna be in a position to draft elite edge talent that in most other years, would be gone by pick 10 or 12 at the latest? Call me a homer, but I see us mostly in the 20 plus range for years to come...this edge class may be too good to miss out on, even if they love Rumph, and resign Uchenna. Ill come up with a number of draft scenarios between now and the big day, but in the end, if I had to place a bet....it will be edge.

If we lost Bosa to injury for a significant period, it would be nearly crippling to the defense, as is...only Herbert and maybe Slater would be bigger losses. But you cant keep two marquee QBs...just doesnt work, cause you can only play one...but you sure can play two monster edge guys...again, my money is on edge.

By the way...was Staley in Denver when they decided to pick Chubb, and pair him up with Miller on the other side for two monster edge? Either way, he was there for some of it...bet he appreciated having both those guys, especially when one of them was injured, when he was an assistant on that defense. Staleys mantra with the Rams was an effective 4 man rush...2 good edge really helps that...just saying.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                You know, we all enjoy coming up with these little plans or predictions...its a lot of fun...but regardless of whatever latest version I dream up and put in my sig below, it all boils down to this...how often are we gonna be in a position to draft elite edge talent that in most other years, would be gone by pick 10 or 12 at the latest? Call me a homer, but I see us mostly in the 20 plus range for years to come...this edge class may be too good to miss out on, even if they love Rumph, and resign Uchenna. Ill come up with a number of draft scenarios between now and the big day, but in the end, if I had to place a bet....it will be edge.

If we lost Bosa to injury for a significant period, it would be nearly crippling to the defense, as is...only Herbert and maybe Slater would be bigger losses. But you cant keep two marquee QBs...just doesnt work, cause you can only play one...but you sure can play two monster edge guys...again, my money is on edge.

By the way...was Staley in Denver when they decided to pick Chubb, and pair him up with Miller on the other side for two monster edge? Either way, he was there for some of it...bet he appreciated having both those guys, especially when one of them was injured, when he was an assistant on that defense. Staleys mantra with the Rams was an effective 4 man rush...2 good edge really helps that...just saying.
                This is why I am not sure Nwosu is a lock to come back if you can improve the position in free agency. Free agency is used to fill holes; the draft is used to get talent. Now, last year, Telesco got lucky with Slater and Samuel - talent that filled holes

But Telesco needs to do enough in free agency to allow flexibility in the draft as if you are locked into BPA - you end up draft Jerry Tillery and DJ Fluker as well as Slater.

So free agency - don't settle for anybody of your current free agents if there is better out there for even a bit more cash

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Any Cole Turner fans out there?
                  He's the type of receiver from the tight end spot we're missing.
                  I've only watched highlights and read stats but he's long enough and agile enough to get open at the second level, kind of like Cook did for us this year. Another nice TE to pair with McKitty going forward.
                  Most likely a 4th round selection, if not 5th.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Having another top edge to play with Bosa, Nwosu, Rumph gives us a lot of depth( how about that?!) at a position of top value. Rotate all 4, with 2 newly signed IDL( make it happen TT!) and Jones, Tillery, Fehoko, Gaziano, all of a sudden your front 7 appears.....well.....certainly improved and able to contribute to a playoff push.
                    At this point, I'm all in on Edge as our number 1 pick( even if that means trading back 5-8 spots and collecting more draft capital).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      Any Cole Turner fans out there?
                      He's the type of receiver from the tight end spot we're missing.
                      I've only watched highlights and read stats but he's long enough and agile enough to get open at the second level, kind of like Cook did for us this year. Another nice TE to pair with McKitty going forward.
                      Most likely a 4th round selection, if not 5th.
                      I don't think we are looking for development TEs now, but you never know. We have Parham and McKitty not quite ready to be #1

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Having another top edge to play with Bosa, Nwosu, Rumph gives us a lot of depth( how about that?!) at a position of top value. Rotate all 4, with 2 newly signed IDL( make it happen TT!) and Jones, Tillery, Fehoko, Gaziano, all of a sudden your front 7 appears.....well.....certainly improved and able to contribute to a playoff push.
                        At this point, I'm all in on Edge as our number 1 pick( even if that means trading back 5-8 spots and collecting more draft capital).
                        I'd rather look to upgrade depth here.

Chargers need to bring in three free agents/draftees.....resign jones/vet from other team/day 1, 2 , or early day 3 pick.
                        What types, i don't know....space eaters, penetrators? It would be nice if Staley fashions his defense at IDL to take
                        advantage of the talent, instead of drafting lesser players to fit specific roles. Jones can bulk up if need be.
                        I thought him losing a lot of weight after his rookie season was a mistake.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

I'd rather look to upgrade depth here.

Chargers need to bring in three free agents/draftees.....resign jones/vet from other team/day 1, 2 , or early day 3 pick.
                          What types, i don't know....space eaters, penetrators? It would be nice if Staley fashions his defense at IDL to take
                          advantage of the talent, instead of drafting lesser players to fit specific roles. Jones can bulk up if need be.
                          I thought him losing a lot of weight after his rookie season was a mistake.
                          Tillery in the final year of his deal - going to make just over $2m in salary. Thats not much cap savings if you release him as you have to sign somebody but can you find a player better for say 2.5m bucks.

AS for Fehoko and Gaziano - fine to bring into camp but the depth needs to be better.

Comment

Working...
                          X