• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Seahags could kick the tires with Pickett this year, then double dip at QB next year...line 'em up two deep and let 'em compete...
    If given the chance Picket will surprise many just as Herbert did. If I had a pick inside the top ten I would not hesitate to pull the trigger if I have no QB. I see at least six teams who might be interested in Picket in the top 15 picks.

:2cents:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Just finished watching some of Picket's games and I don't think he's quite in the league of Herbert and Allen. Hard to say with such a weak offensive line that was over whelmed by strong defensive teams. Flip of the coin here and may slide to anywhere in the first depending on where and who decides to draft him. He has some capability but hard to judge based on other deficiencies on Pitt's offense. Addison on Pitt is a scrappy little receiver though.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• madcaplaughs
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Seattle might tank for next year.
        Next year seems to be a better group.
        Then they should re-sign Geno Smith : )

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Pickett is Baker Mayfield 2.0

love the person not the player

Football looks like popcorn by time it reaches receiver

dunk & dink game manager

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

Then they should re-sign Geno Smith : )
            Absolutely!

Geno vs. Drew: divided locker room, Sea-sparrows crash and burn.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

character red flag, justified imo.

Thibodeaux bailed from the combine drills after a disappointing 40 and after telling the media he would complete them just hours earlier.
              Gave some lame excuse, now, people seeing him for the ingenious future malcontent that he is and it's looking worse given his reputation for taking plays off.
              As soon as he hits adversity in the NFL he will find an excuse to quit.

All the physical ability in the world, 5 cent head
              we've seen it time and time again
              very likely BIP
              unless he grows up REAL fast around solid leadership
              Did not know he quit at the combine, add to that the other concerns and I'll take him out of my cluster if picking top 10 or so.
              Travon Walker the easy choice if no red flags there.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

He has very good movement skills for an OL player--as good or better than Slater's.
                that last part is bordering on absurd, as personally am not willing to dismiss a rather noticeable contingent of very qualified draft pundits who have their concerns w/Penning, and one of whom I mentioned earlier, Voch Lombardi, called him stiff and suggested he move inside to guard.

and w/the PFF rating, does that account for level of competition ??

personal opinion is that Penning doesn't hold a candle to the likes of David DeCastro/Ryan Ramcyzk, players that were drafted in the back of the first round.

Penning >> Pips
                day two Faalele >> round one Penning

will also add that the top ten is anyone's guess atm, as Seattle and Pickett may have shuffled the deck there, not to mention Rhule's job security, and.... don't know if you've done many if any mocks, as by my take the first seven picks could really use a fourth OT, and if I'm not mistaken Carolina needs a LT/Cross, and the Giants a RT/Penning ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

that last part is bordering on absurd, as personally am not willing to dismiss a rather noticeable contingent of very qualified draft pundits who have their concerns w/Penning, and one of whom I mentioned earlier, Voch Lombardi, called him stiff and suggested he move inside to guard.

and w/the PFF rating, does that account for level of competition ??

personal opinion is that Penning doesn't hold a candle to the likes of David DeCastro/Ryan Ramcyzk, players that were drafted in the back of the first round.

Penning >> Pips
                  day two Faalele >> round one Penning

will also add that the top ten is anyone's guess atm, as Seattle and Pickett may have shuffled the deck there, not to mention Rhule's job security, and.... don't know if you've done many if any mocks, as by my take the first seven picks could really use a fourth OT, and if I'm not mistaken Carolina needs a LT/Cross, and the Giants a RT/Penning ??
                  I dont know what it is with you and big Samoans..but you are overrating Faalele...that man is simply too big, and wont last in the NFL...my prediction...and even if he does, I think he struggles mightily vs any kind of speed. Sorry Beach...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Doubt we going WR at 17 now. Can see a WR later though. Imo it's CB,DT or Edge depending on what we land in FA'cy. .
                    for myself, still see WR as a need, as both Keenan and MW could be off the books when it comes to signing time for JH, and.... there is never a guarantee that there will be a receiver there that you like when you think you need one at that time ?? the guys I've liked of late, Courtland Sutton, AJ Brown, and CeeDee Lamb don't necessarily show up year in and year out.

this year not only do I really like Garrett Wilson, but would be ok w/Jameson, and am beginning to wonder some 'bout Olave ??

really like JJ2, but would like him much better @48, as not sure he's a mid first rounder ??

does look like they are thinking CB/ED @17, and then look for RT day two ??

and FA is gonna be slim pickin's after signing your boy @wideout....
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I dont know what it is with you and big Samoans..but you are overrating Faalele...that man is simply too big, and wont last in the NFL...my prediction...and even if he does, I think he struggles mightily vs any kind of speed. Sorry Beach...
                      he kicks inside to RG

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I worry about Faalele’s ability to block speed rushers 100 pounds or more lighter than him. I’m downgrading him to a lower round.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Faalele’s feet are pretty good. On some plays his hand placement is iffy. I think he's kind of like Pipkins, meaning if you can get him in round three he's worth the pick. If a team takes him in the second, they better not need him to play right away.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X