• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Allow an avg less than 20 ppg on D with this offense and we're a top contender.
    Our biggest problem in 2021 was depth. Let a starter get dinged and we struggled. We need guys that can compete for starting jobs. We all know the positions, some of us have different priorities but I don't see LAC not improving. We're too well set up.
    I agree that hte Chargers are set up to improve - just excited to see what happens in a couple weeks

My guess if we as fans know whats up - Telesco and Staley do as well. Going to be defense - just what do they prioritize: IDL, Edge or DB

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      In Indy,
      earlier this morning,
      TT reiterated
      that the Combine
      does not move
      the needle much
      with regard to LAC
      draft prospect grades.
      I can see that but a high rated prospect who times quicker will move that needle.

On the flip side a prospect that runs a fast 40 that isn't high on the list still won't help them much. Don't matter how fast you are if you can't catch, or cover or tackle.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Taking any of the 3 top dlineman possibly available at #17 seems to come with risk:

Ojaba may never develop much beyond what he is;
        Karlaftis' impressive strength and hand usage might not be enough in the NFL - could be a bit too stiff.
        Johnson might never be more than jag rushing the passer - too vertical going around the edge.

Walker has many tweener elements to his game: he could gain back 15 pounds and play 3 tech..

I think the corner backs available there will be probably safer picks.
        I believe he could play the 4i at 285 and bring a physical, tone setter presence to the DL. Along with some pass rushing skill.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          The new Bucky Brooks mock

I'm not saying it will happen, but it could happen. He's a safety in a league where big men are in demand this year. He's my choice for surprise faller in the draft, perhaps to 17. Where I would pick him.
          I mentioned this early in this thread. Its a no brainer to me. But like Derwin im going in thinking no way.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

The Chargers met with Arkansas WR Treylon Burks, touted to be the next Debo Samuel, only bigger and faster. I also saw a mock with him going to the Chargers. He's 6-3, 225 and allegedly has sub 4.4 speed. In 2021 for the Razorbacks, in 12 games he had 66 catches for 1104 yds and 11 TDs. I wasn't thinking WR at No. 17, but if he could be Herbert's J'Marr Chase, why not?

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

If he can time well he might get AJ Brown comps.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Since based on history it would seem the Chargers regard the senior bowl as something a bit more than the Combine, who had the best performance this year at the RT position in the Senior Bowl?

If this player is gone at 17 that would probably mean OT Cross dropped to pick 17???

Also did Rashawn Slater participate in the Senior bowl last season and how did he do?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                      Since based on history it would seem the Chargers regard the senior bowl as something a bit more than the Combine, who had the best performance this year at the RT position in the Senior Bowl?

If this player is gone at 17 that would probably mean OT Cross dropped to pick 17???

Also did Rashawn Slater participate in the Senior bowl last season and how did he do?
                      * No Slater at senior bowl last year.
                      * Edge players pretty much had their way with OTs at senior bowl this year
                      * Cross won't make it out of the top 10

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

With our last 6 picks I want to see at least Kyle Phillips, Zamir White, and of course Matt Araiza.
                        3 guys that aren`t meant to go any higher but can make a difference to OUR football team.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          The Chargers met with Arkansas WR Treylon Burks, touted to be the next Debo Samuel, only bigger and faster. I also saw a mock with him going to the Chargers. He's 6-3, 225 and allegedly has sub 4.4 speed. In 2021 for the Razorbacks, in 12 games he had 66 catches for 1104 yds and 11 TDs. I wasn't thinking WR at No. 17, but if he could be Herbert's J'Marr Chase, why not?

Chargers covering their bases if they let MWill walk. Who wouldn't want Burks?

So the Bolts draft Burks and spread MWills money around on 2 quality IDL? Its one way to improve the overall team talent.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X