• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That's absolute BS! I had Leatherwood as a guard... not an OT.
    My guys were Darrisaw and Cosmi.
    I thought Slater would be chosen before #13.
    Relax Bolt! I was referring to someone else named......

Aren't we glad we got Slater? That pick really turned out great!

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Relax Bolt! I was referring to someone else named......

Aren't we glad we got Slater? That pick really turned out great!
      Absolutely! I can't tell you how excited I was to re-build the OL.
      Now, just 1 more...

Comment

• pigskin
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Southern Oregon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        If we sign a FA RT
        Didn't know what the hell you were talking about at first I read this as "lf we sign a FART"

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          If we sign a FA RT, the pick at 17 won’t be OL. No GM is dumb enough to waste their only pick in the first two rounds - during a SB push year - on a bench sitter. It will be someone who can rotate in and have the chance to make a big play when they’re out there due to their exceptional abilities. DB, EDGE, WR, something like that. He’ll use a third on a developmental OL, and that’ll be that.
          We've seen this story before.

A savvy GM on the verge of a SB appearance draft players expected to contribute somewhat (Wirfs was an exception being #13). Look at the first picks of these recent SB champs. Its like they drafted very specific players to meet specific needs.

2021 Rams: Tutu Atwell 2nd round
          2020 Bucs: Tristan Wirfs #13
          2019 Chiefs: Mecole Hardman 2nd round
          2018 Pats: Isiah Wynn #23

These guys were pretty much projects. SB bound teams don't rely heavily on these picks.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

A savvy GM on the verge of a SB appearance draft players expected to contribute somewhat (Wirfs was an exception being #13). Look at the first picks of these recent SB champs. Its like they drafted very specific players to meet specific needs.

These guys were pretty much projects. SB bound teams don't rely heavily on these picks.
            Tutu Atwell was a horrible value for the Rams. 2 rounds , to 3 too early.
            ​​​​​​Dude is tiny. He weighed in at 155 lbs at the combine at 5'9". Did nothing this past season and don't see him doing much in his career.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Difference from those three other picks, we sit at 17. Which is a lot closer to 13 than the second round/bottom of the first. The pick just can’t be a depth project, look what we got out of the second round last year. Make it count, now. Later rounds for depth, 8 picks worth.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

This is the reason I want to shore up RT in FA now…so we can draft BPA, regardless of position (except QB of course). We’re so fucking close to being in that position. It’s hugely advantageous.

An absolute stud WILL get his opportunities to make big plays.

For example, it seems like we’re set at EDGE, but we all know Bosa gets gassed and Mack isn’t a spring chicken either. A steady rotation of Bosa, Mack AND JJ3 or Karlaftis would work wonders. Just look at Buffalo and all the investments they’ve made at EDGE. In today’s game 2 guys just isn’t enough.

DBs too. Staley litters the field with em and injuries are a real thing, so if a player like McDuffie or Booth or Daxton are the BPA, I’d like to grab them even though we’ve got solid starters already.

WR and LB too, looking at Jameson, Olave and Lloyd, maybe even Dean.

Not forgetting Jordan Davis, though I know some of you will scoff. If he’s the BPA, he’s the BPA.

I’d even say RB, but this draft doesn’t have anyone worthy of #17. Was hoping for Breece Hall in R2, but unless there’s a trade, ain’t gonna happen.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I don't want to pigeonhole ourselves to ANY position at 17
                  I wouldn't mind signing another FA edge guy
                  too bad Fackrell is a turd now
                  We need to save Bosa and Mack for a lost season run
                  the only other real edge guy we have is Rumph, with respect to Gaziano.
                  we can find another project in the 3rd or later I'm sure, but it would be nice to find someone else.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lol...fouts2herbert did...and he claims to stand by it...its what prompted the discussion.

On another note, Zion vs Penning at 17...fair assertion about OT being more important, and a better value at that position in the draft...though if we have a definitive plan for RT, (which is unknown to us fans) and a desire to add a top notch guard, it could skew things a bit...or not, if TT really believes the board is the board, regardless of needs, as he has often claimed.
                    for myself, 'tis all about intangibles, and while I get it that Chain and some others here, really relish Penning's on field demeanor and the whatnot.... again for myself, have no interest in the such, and on the other hand, don't know if I could imagine a better neighbor for Rashawn that Zion @LG.... would be a surprise, but wouldn't have any problem w/Zion as a Charger, and.... wouldn't be so excited 'bout TP as the such, and....

don't care about a fifth year for a player that am not enamored with (eye understand that it works for you, and I get it....) and as far as ceilings, will take Zion's all day 'til Sunday.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

for myself, 'tis all about intangibles, and while I get it that Chain and some others here, really relish Penning's on field demeanor and the whatnot.... again for myself, have no interest in the such, and on the other hand, don't know if I could imagine a better neighbor for Rashawn that Zion @LG.... would be a surprise, but wouldn't have any problem w/Zion as a Charger, and.... wouldn't be so excited 'bout TP as the such, and....

don't care about a fifth year for a player that am not enamored with (eye understand that it works for you, and I get it....) and as far as ceilings, will take Zion's all day 'til Sunday.
                      Dont misunderstand me....Big Z fan...and I dont get hung up on picking a guard in the first...just recognizing its much harder, and usually lucky, to get a probowl tackle later in the draft, vs a guard...so maybe that can dictate a board? I dont know...but in the specific scenario where there is a plan in place for RT, be it Feiler or a FA pickup, and Zion is there, it would be a great pick. Conversely, if we dont have a RT plan, other than Pip, you gotta be looking hard at penning and raimann....especially without a second round pick. But that is how I see it.

By the way, recently dug into the tape...K Green vs Zion...K is a little more tenacious, Zion a better technician with great adjustment to stunts....Zion breaks the tie with incredible physical traits, but if we actually pick a guard in the first, either one of these guys would be great.

By the way....Zion reportedly has super football IQ, and was snapping the ball at senior bowl practice....G/C versatility?
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Dont misunderstand me....Big Z fan...and I dont get hung up on picking a guard in the first...just recognizing its much harder, and usually lucky, to get a probowl tackle later in the draft, vs a guard...so maybe that can dictate a board? I dont know...but in the specific scenario where there is a plan in place for RT, be it Feiler or a FA pickup, and Zion is there, it would be a great pick. Conversely, if we dont have a RT plan, other than Pip, you gotta be looking hard at penning and raimann....especially without a second round pick. But that is how I see it.

By the way, recently dug into the tape...K Green vs Zion...K is a little more tenacious, Zion a better technician with great adjustment to stunts....Zion breaks the tie with incredible physical traits, but if we actually pick a guard in the first, either one of these guys would be great.

By the way....Zion reportedly has super football IQ, and was snapping the ball at senior bowl practice....G/C versatility?
                        Do you think either can play RT at a solid level Lone Bolt?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Do you think either can play RT at a solid level Lone Bolt?
                          I cant say....I used to think Green could, but I have my doubts, long term, after he showed less athleticism than I like for a tackle, when testing. Zion has the length and tools to actually play outside, which is interesting...but thats not where his experience is, unlike Green, who has played tackle. At least, I didnt see any film of Zion playing OT...

I figure if you need a tackle, you should probably draft a tackle...same with Guard. Im not offering an opinion yet on who we should take...I dont have a good read on the overall plan yet...just pointing out prospects I would be happy selecting, if one of those happens to fill the bill for Staley/TT.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X