• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

CB definitely PON, especially with Vato's inconsistent play and concussion concerns with ASJ...though I'd sure like to pick up a decent Edge and RT...
    Free agency will bring some of those. I'd sign a CB and draft one. Sign some IDL draft a RT.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

The Steeler game proved again there is a huge dropoff after Samuel Jr and Davis. I think it is the number one priority with RT second.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
        ~ Charger Fan ~
        • Sep 2018
        • Jupiter, FL
        • Send PM

Personally, I think we should draft a DB, OL, and DL/Edge every year in the top 5 rounds.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's early and not sure how often they do updates on those right now.

There are players in it that won't declare as well,..... just like last year.
          Yeah.....I know that.......just having fun at this point. But I do believe all 4 of those RB's are in this year's draft.......

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

You can find a stud of anything later rounds but seriously you can address a stud RT later than a stud Corner. I know we harp on Storm but he plays his ass off. You can see it in his face, we could do worse than a man who gives everything he has. Not his fault Bulaga opts out for medical reasons…… Aboushi was a huge hit, we could have fared much better with him in the lineup, but this secondary stinks. I’m not going redraft 2021 I’m so happy overall with most, we’re seeing some fruit bear where there was none, but corner was need went unsatisfied. Would say OL/CB/CB/OL.
            With hindsight being 20/20 I could see us following up Samuel Jr. with at least one more corner in the 3rd. We would trade Palmer or McKitty right now for a decent cover corner. Plus we could have gotten either one in the 4th or possibly the 5th round. Last year's 3rd round is making us wheeze right about now.......

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

With hindsight being 20/20 I could see us following up Samuel Jr. with at least one more corner in the 3rd. We would trade Palmer or McKitty right now for a decent cover corner. Plus we could have gotten either one in the 4th or possibly the 5th round. Last year's 3rd round is making us wheeze right about now.......
              you can double check the draft thread, but plenty of us stunned they went WR/TE instead of DB/DT.

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Imagine if we get Ojulari, JOK, or Moehrig.

Still like Grant.
              Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

What I want us to do and my game entry (notwithstanding that I do not really think it will happen):

Tyson Campbell (probably not on the board as ATL is sitting early in round 2 after not taking CB in round 1)
              Trey Smith (legitimate OG prospect that can push Aboushi or play OG if Feiler needs to kick outside if there is an injury)
              Spencer Brown (who can take over for Bulaga after a couple of years)

Then, the OL is done and done with quality. We have options even with injury. I see a dearth of good 5-tech DL players and the edge rushers remaining when we pick do not impress me.

With the above approach, I would then sign Malik Hooker after the draft to address the FS issue.

What I am concerned will happen:

Asante Samuel, Jr. (overrated Verrett clone only not as good, and we could be foolish enough to compound the mistake by trading up for him)
              Tommy Tremble (overrated Notre Dame TE)
              Aaron Banks (overrated Notre Dame OG)
              in the end-

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              3 guys got Samual. That’s it. TT outfoxed us all.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Yeah.....I know that.......just having fun at this point. But I do believe all 4 of those RB's are in this year's draft.......
                They have Notre Dame RB Kyren Williams in it who is a RS Sophomore so he may or may not declare and i really like him a lot but he is only a 199 pounder and i dont think we will be looking for a sub 200 lb RB. If he were 215 he would up there on my list.

Ekeler is a 200 lb guy but he has been dinged a lot and we are fortunate he hasnt been so far this season.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

He played there during the stretch CHJ was injured. Thought he looked solid. I’m open to other possibilities, but I don’t think NB is a higher priority than RT, DT, and EDGE. We’ll have a better understanding of what to draft after FA. Tommy’s got cash burning a hole in his pocket.
                  Campbell took over the slot for part of that time, anyways (2 out of the 4 games).
                  Very small sample size to claim that he could/should be the starter at slot.
                  The last 2 weeks, injuries to Davis and Samuels have shown that you need CB's that can also play outside.
                  In a league that has become a throw-first league... I'm not leaving myself thin-and-developing @ the CB position.

IMO, the slot CB has to be a great defender (inside routes harder to defend than boundary routes) and must be a durable, physical tackler. With evolving, statistically driven, offenses... defensive philosophies will need to keep up. I think the slot CB position will become populated with uber-talented players. I just don't see those players in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Tre'vius Hodges-Tomlinson is the closest 3rd/4th round prospect I see. His size (or lack) is a concern for me in regards to asking him to tackle 220 lb NFL RB's on a regular basis.

I'm not forgetting about our need @ RT, EDGE, or DT. I agree that those positions are great needs. At this time, I see guys at those positions that I trust a lot more than any of the 3rd/4th round CB's. I'll keep digging on some of those mid-round CB's you mentioned earlier.

If one of the top-3 OT's is there @mid-20's... then sure, I'm going OT in the 1st. But if it's Trevor Penning vs. one of the top-4 CB's, I just think the BPA would be one of the CB's.
                  I think TT addresses DT in FA and I think that EDGE is a pretty deep class (extending into the late 4th round.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Courtesy of

MOCK DRAFT SELECTIONS (3 ROUNDS)

Ikem Ekwonu
                    IOL | NC State

Travon Walker
                    DL | Georgia

Haskell Garrett
                    DL | Ohio State
                    2022 NFL Draft order tracker updated after every game. View traded picks in all seven rounds and a live updating Mock Draft after each game.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They have Notre Dame RB Kyren Williams in it who is a RS Sophomore so he may or may not declare and i really like him a lot but he is only a 199 pounder and i dont think we will be looking for a sub 200 lb RB. If he were 215 he would up there on my list.

Ekeler is a 200 lb guy but he has been dinged a lot and we are fortunate he hasnt been so far this season.
                      I see Kyren with several attributes that would give us an effective 1-2 punch at RB.
                      Pass Pro.
                      Hands.
                      Vision.
                      Instincts.
                      Short area quickness.
                      Same size as EK as a rookie.
                      Direct replacement for JJackson.
                      Under consideration for me.
                      Should the Domer drop to us @ Round 3.
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 11-22-2021, 12:20 PM.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

you can double check the draft thread, but plenty of us stunned they went WR/TE instead of DB/DT.

in the end-

I was one of the three that called Samuel, but I wanted us to take Tyson Campbell, so that is one for Telesco and one against me as Samuel has been better so far, though it is obviously still early.

But I would have crushed the third round with Spencer Brown and Trey Smith as they would be the starting right side of our OL right now and for years ahead. They both have been draft hits and would have been perfect picks for exactly where our OL injuries have been. Filling one side of the OL with good starters found in round three would have been a great result for us.

In Telesco's defense, Smith may have been struck from our draft board for medical reasons. But Spencer Brown was there for us when we took Palmer.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Jordan Davis.png

Breakdown of the Georgia defense under Kirby Smart. Good stuff. Smart is teaching overload principles and zone blitzes to the youngsters, and they are shutting people down.

Having a monster like Jordan Davis at DT makes it all work.

Comment

Working...
                          X