• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here's a glowing review of Johnson from TDN. Good to see he a solid RUN DEFENDER, something we sorely need:

johnson.JPGAs a run defender, Johnson is an exceptional processor that is stout at the point of attack, understands how to respond to blocking schemes, effectively stacks and sheds blocks, and is a consistent finisher. Ideal Role:Scheme Fit: Any

FILM EVALUATION

Games watched: Best Game Studied: Notre Dame (2021)

Worst Game Studied:Prospect Comparison: Preston Smith (2015 NFL Draft, Washington Football Team)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jermaine-johnson
    All aboard the JJ to #17 Hypewagon. PBs first consenus pick of 2022.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

No kidding, that bolded part tells it all.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Cameron Thomas in the 3rd would be sweet.
        saw that as well, and yes.... 'twould be sweet,
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

"Sam Williams is a Senior who aligns on the Edge for the Rebel offense. He is a good athlete overall particularly when moving forward but can struggle with reactive movements as a rusher. He took a major step in 2021 and taking advantage of the extra year has seemingly done wonders for his game. In the run game, he is heavy at the point of attack and can set the edge. He has improved with regards to emotional endurance and pursuit when plays are run away from him. The passing game is where he thrives. He has improved his get-off from 2020 to 2021. He is good at converting speed to power to win in the edge and is strong enough to defeat double teams when he is in 4i or 5-technique. While he has also improved with regards to counters, he still isn’t the most loose-hipped athlete on the edge and it shows in these instances. I believe he has the schematic versatility to align in a 4-3 as a DE or play OLB in a 3-4."

A 3rd rounder that fits well. Makes sense if we're keeping Nwosu.
          Bosa, Nwosu, Williams, Rumph. That would be a solid rotation.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Not saying it’s right, but Sam Williams won’t even be on the Chargers big board because of sexual battery charges (latter dropped) as was Devonta Wyatt for kicking down his girlfriends dorm room door (dropped).

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I’d love to land Johnson or Karlaftis at 17. I’m hearing chatter that Nwosu may be in line for a bigger payday than any of us would have expected given his age and the rest of the free agent market for edge rushers. I know he had a great game against the Raiders, but he’s only good enough to be the other guy when it comes to being a pass rusher. When we needed him in Houston when we didn’t have Bosa and needed him to step up, he did nothing against a mediocre D line. At this point I’m thinking we let him go, spend on interior D line in free agency, then go draft his replacement who will be an upgrade.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Think it’s time now to get serious.

Teams draft boards illuminated.

We know what they need.

They know what we need.

Stack your boards.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  Not saying it’s right, but Sam Williams won’t even be on the Chargers big board because of sexual battery charges (latter dropped) as was Devonta Wyatt for kicking down his girlfriends dorm room door (dropped).
                  Very possibly but since the charges were dropped, it depends on the interviews. If he gets that far. But with no Charges, I certainly find out about the individual if I am the GM.

Can't dismiss everybody right away if they can play.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    I’d love to land Johnson or Karlaftis at 17. I’m hearing chatter that Nwosu may be in line for a bigger payday than any of us would have expected given his age and the rest of the free agent market for edge rushers. I know he had a great game against the Raiders, but he’s only good enough to be the other guy when it comes to being a pass rusher. When we needed him in Houston when we didn’t have Bosa and needed him to step up, he did nothing against a mediocre D line. At this point I’m thinking we let him go, spend on interior D line in free agency, then go draft his replacement who will be an upgrade.
                    Why would you expect Nwosu to put up a big game without Bosa when Bosa struggles to put up a lot of big games with Nwosu? Doesn’t it take a lot of top EDGE these days? Not saying Nwosu is top five, but he sure ain’t chopped liver. Top half in the league, easy. Keep him.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Why would you expect Nwosu to put up a big game without Bosa when Bosa struggles to put up a lot of big games with Nwosu? Doesn’t it take a lot of top EDGE these days? Not saying Nwosu is top five, but he sure ain’t chopped liver. Top half in the league, easy. Keep him.
                      It comes down to the price tag.

Also, why aren’t we extending these guys on team friendly deals before they hit free agency?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I consistently see him rated 6th to 8th for Edge players, except one that had him 4 and a late round one pick. 17 seems a bit pricey.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Our granddaughter was in the Liquid Death commercial during the Super Bowl. She shot it with lots of kids and didn’t know if she’d be in the final commercial until it she saw it today. She’s the girl with the braces and pink top.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X