• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    The other thing I like in Walker's tape is that he's not just jumping gaps. He's a disciplined player. As an interior rusher his good reps show him using a first step to get the OL out of position, coming up under their arms to lift and stack, using those long arms to keep the IOL off his pads, collapsing the pocket, locating the ball, THEN shedding and closing.

Stack-Collapse-Locate-Shed-Close translates to the NFL, especially vs mobile QBs. He'll have the twitch and length advantage against most NFL IOL.
    You like him better than Leal ?
    I like that Trayvon works hard.
    Backside pursuit is part of StaleyD run defense.
    ​We need to get past just toutin' the porkers.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

I guess we'll just disagree. You can say "he won't be strong enough at the next level" about every single player if you don't project them to improve. He's 21 with a big frame, I see him playing at about 305 (same size as Chris Jones). He'll get stronger and I think retain his freaky athleticism.

I think he's a ++interior rusher. His twitch, power, and instincts on the inside are all over his film. He's shedding and ripping NFL prospects. If he was "just an edge setter" he wouldn't be my choice at 17. I guess you can disagree with this assessment bit it feels more like you're just ignoring it. I'm not moving the 260 lbs Nwosu to the inside as a gadget play. I'm saying he's a premium interior player.
      That would be amazing.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I think he's twitchier. And yes, 100% effort every play.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He isn't going to get to us.
          I'm also not interested in Dax in the first round.
          What does turn your head in the first Round? My groupings are down to Travon Walker/EDGE, Jameson Williams/WR, Trent McDuffie/CB, DB Lewis Cine & RT Raimann Bernhard.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

And better instincts and vision and more HOLY SHIT! plays.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

What does turn your head in the first Round? My groupings are down to Travon Walker/EDGE, Jameson Williams/WR, Trent McDuffie/CB, DB Lewis Cine & RT Raimann Bernhard.
              Depends on what we do in FA'cy. McDuffie is one. Not sold on Trayvon yet and Cine isn't a consideration for me.

Too high for Raimann from the looks I've seen. I like Nakibe Dean a lot.

I'd be good with J. Williams or Burks but again, depends. If we resign MW, it's not a priority. Burks may be gone as well.

This is the first draft I have no set position pick as I think we will sign a handful of guys. I have no cluster yet as it's really too early for that.....for me anyways.

Even if we sign a CB, I think we need to draft another though.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

I have concerns about both Penning and Raimann at this point. There's good OT depth in the 2nd and 3rd it seems.

Williams is a rare player which is what you want in the first. No perfect player is going to be there at 17 so you take what you can with flags and positional load and all that.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Draft picks are paid by slot and FAs are paid by position so I think you also have to look at cap offsets in the draft. Highest paid positions are:

QB
                  EDGE
                  OT
                  WR
                  CB

Get your IOL and IDL and LB and RB in FA.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I have concerns about both Penning and Raimann at this point. There's good OT depth in the 2nd and 3rd it seems.

Williams is a rare player which is what you want in the first. No perfect player is going to be there at 17 so you take what you can with flags and positional load and all that.
                    Sound wisdom. Max Mitchell is my late Round OT.

I haven't really heard much about projection for recovery on rehabbing the knee, but I am willing to take the player at #17. Today's NFL owners want arena league football, so the rules are slanted toward offensive production - let's be cognizant of it - and draft one more player-maker on offense.

Max.jpeg

I can see Mitchell at RT and Ekeler playing some good ball together.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

And better instincts and vision and more HOLY SHIT! plays.
                      I see Leal as a top 10 talent, who falls because of a production dropoff. He will be a good pro.

Walker has such great linemates. There is huge upside no matter.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Draft picks are paid by slot and FAs are paid by position so I think you also have to look at cap offsets in the draft. Highest paid positions are:

QB
                        EDGE
                        OT
                        WR
                        CB

Get your IOL and IDL and LB and RB in FA.

My Running Back choice is D'Ernest Johnson/CLE

You just accurately described the 2021 Bengals FA roster build approach, EQ. Cheers.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

I see Leal as a top 10 talent, who falls because of a production dropoff. He will be a good pro.

Walker has such great linemates. There is huge upside no matter.
                          Leal has so many tools but there's always something just barely missing to me it seems.

The whole Georgia defense is hard to project becuase they're surrounded by talent. I look for the guys playing hard and doing the dirty work not the glory work.

Comment

Working...
                          X