• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Understood, hybrid DIME backer. Fair enough.

Watch Travon Walker on this first play: first, the stack and shed, the violent hands, then the tackle. That's a 6'4" 300lbs Michigan lineman he just blew up. I prefer Travon Walker's style to Nakobe Dean, and Walker is in an area that the Chargers need more production, EDGE.
    I would have no problem whatsoever with a another Dawg. I’m more coming off that devastating Bills loss, recognizing what the Chiefs do to apparently everybody and indenting that one player who just might stop it from becoming reoccurring nightmare.

look forward to seeing Walker Senior Bowl practice, sure he’ll get some one on one edge work. See how he stacks up against his peers. Know who won’t be there, that’s Nakobi Dean and I’m glad, he would blow up for sure and be all but off the board by #17.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Let's chat about Nakobe Dean in Staley's scheme. Is he an EDGE or is he that chess piece in the front seven - like Derwin James is that man in the secondary - to move around? I'm struggling to define his role, and I can't, so I end up with EDGE Travon Walker (or CB) in the First Round.
      Dean is 220 lbs. He isn't an Edge, he is the other.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I would have no problem whatsoever with a another Dawg. I’m more coming off that devastating Bills loss, recognizing what the Chiefs do to apparently everybody and indenting that one player who just might stop it from becoming reoccurring nightmare.

look forward to seeing Walker Senior Bowl practice, sure he’ll get some one on one edge work. See how he stacks up against his peers. Know who won’t be there, that’s Nakobi Dean and I’m glad, he would blow up for sure and be all but off the board by #17.
        Lewis Cine at #17.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Lewis Cine at #17.
          Maybe #17 of the fourth round. Would probably go DT in 3rd and CB 2nd rounds respectively.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Understood, hybrid DIME backer. Fair enough.

Watch Travon Walker on this first play: first, the stack and shed, the violent hands, then the tackle. That's a 6'4" 300lbs Michigan lineman he just blew up. I prefer Travon Walker's style to Nakobe Dean, and Walker is in an area that the Chargers need more production, EDGE.
            Trevon Walker brings two key elements that we lack in our front seven.

Mayhem and violence.

They don’t show up in the box score, but they are critical for every defensive snap.

Dude’s a tone setter.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Trevon is a very athletically gifted Football Player. If he is drafted by the Ravens (before Chargers selection) I’m sure he could step in and fill Calais Campbell or Brandon Williams (unrestricted free agents) shoes. For Chargers I’m not so sure and fear he would be under utilized and have hard time finding his rhythm (see Jerry Tillery). In other words not best fit. He’s always been bigger, faster player than those around him, until Georgia where he just fit in with the other physically gifted players. Chargers need entire Georgia transfusion I fear to make drastic improvement defensively. Chargers need a player capable of making the biggest impact, and hope Telesco signs a couple premium free agent linemen first to see where biggest hole remains. If they keep K9 that is a huge mistake, and if they don’t resign Kaiser White that would be another unnecessary hurdle this Defense has to overcome.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Trevon Walker brings two key elements that we lack in our front seven.

Mayhem and violence.

They don’t show up in the box score, but they are critical for every defensive snap.

Dude’s a tone setter.
                Superb post.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Trevon is a very athletically gifted Football Player. If he is drafted by the Ravens (before Chargers selection) I’m sure he could step in and fill Calais Campbell or Brandon Williams (unrestricted free agents) shoes. For Chargers I’m not so sure and fear he would be under utilized and have hard time finding his rhythm (see Jerry Tillery). In other words not best fit. He’s always been bigger, faster player than those around him, until Georgia where he just fit in with the other physically gifted players. Chargers need entire Georgia transfusion I fear to make drastic improvement defensively. Chargers need a player capable of making the biggest impact, and hope Telesco signs a couple premium free agent linemen first to see where biggest hole remains. If they keep K9 that is a huge mistake, and if they don’t resign Kaiser White that would be another unnecessary hurdle this Defense has to overcome.
                  Kenneth Murray. When does the light come on for this guy? Name an easier position to play than linebacker.
                  • Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma – 21 out of 50
                  • Patrick Queen, LB, LSU – 24 out of 50
                  Wonderlic scores by off the ball LB

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Maybe #17 of the fourth round. Would probably go DT in 3rd and CB 2nd rounds respectively.
                    He's moving into the high second and the first Round. I've been trying to project him as a second Round pick and I cannot.
                    Anyone I cannot acquire in the Second Round, I move to the 1st Round.

1. Lewis Cine/Travon Walker/Cameron Thomas/Bernhard Raimann/Trent McDuffie
                    2. Phidarian Mathis

1st & 2nd Round Groupings

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                      San Diego Native
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Farmington, NM
                      • Send PM

Noting that I haven't done any personal evaluation, I've seen Lewis Cine ranked as a late 1st early 2nd round prospect. It's early in the process but a 4th round grade seems unlikely.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Noting that I haven't done any personal evaluation, I've seen Lewis Cine ranked as a late 1st early 2nd round prospect. It's early in the process but a 4th round grade seems unlikely.
                        you better believe all Dawgs will be drafted higher than they probably deserve. I personally try to be objective and admit to wanting several of them but would pass on Cine in 2nd for trencher DL or OL. Brugler does have him mocked in 2nd rd. After Chargers pick so feel free to mock him here if you like, no problem with me -
                        57. San Francisco 49ers — Lewis Cine, DS, Georgia

Chargers per Brugler -
                        48. Los Angeles Chargers — Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Lewis Cine at #17.
                          TDN has him ranked at 80, PFN at 97 and PFF at 27, so a big dichotomy there. Until we see the big boards after the Senior bowls and combine, Cine at 17 almost seems like a Leatherwood level reach.

Comment

Working...
                          X