• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Ghelkin says his gut (no hints from the team) says we will pick defense with our first pick.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Ghelkin says his gut (no hints from the team) says we will pick defense with our first pick.
      Ok Offense it is then!

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

I just don't see a major difference between the guys at the top of the draft, vs the guys later on. The guys at the top are better athletes, but not as strong players. It is hard to get too excited at the top of the draft this year. Good, but not elite prospects.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I just don't see a major difference between the guys at the top of the draft, vs the guys later on. The guys at the top are better athletes, but not as strong players. It is hard to get too excited at the top of the draft this year. Good, but not elite prospects.
          Figures. The Chargers can't even tank correctly. The year they draft at the top, there's no elite prospects. The years they finish 9-7 and draft 16th, there's 12 elite prospects. Such is life as a Charger fan.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

By the way, we've all seen this happen before, but is there any chance that some QB-hungry team might panic and want to trade into the #3 spot for Lynch? Which means that QBs go 1-2-3 and we're further down (#8...Philly?) with an extra pick or two?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              More easily said than done. I have always contended that finding a suitable trade partner - willing to offer enough to make a trade worthwhile - is not as easy as some here seem to think.
              If QBs are the first 2 picks as expected now, I think it will be extremely difficult to trade down from 3. There are enough good players in the top 10 that a team would be kind of foolish to pay the price needed to trade up.

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

If QBs are the first 2 picks as expected now, I think it will be extremely difficult to trade down from 3. There are enough good players in the top 10 that a team would be kind of foolish to pay the price needed to trade up.
                Unless the Titans REALLY want Tunsil....

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think if the Titans really wanted Tunsil they would've stayed at #1.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                    Unless the Titans REALLY want Tunsil....
                    I'd take Stanley plus several other players rather than trade back up to get Tunsil.

Comment

• Maverick
                      (Coryellian)
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Point Loma
                      • Send PM

I'd take Stanley plus several other players rather than trade back up to get Tunsil.
                      So would I, but I have been reading where the Titans were very interested in Tunsil, but didn't feel he was worthy of the first overall pick (but maybe 3-4th).

Comment

• Maverick
                        (Coryellian)
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Point Loma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        I think if the Titans really wanted Tunsil they would've stayed at #1.
                        Not necessarily----if they were fairly certain that 2 QBs would be taken at #1 & #2, that they could fleece the Rams for multiple first rounders & second rounders, & that they could trade back up (possibly with US to #3), then maybe they had a plan to get Tunsil lower all along. That's not too far-fetched, imho.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          Not necessarily----if they were fairly certain that 2 QBs would be taken at #1 & #2, that they could fleece the Rams for multiple first rounders & second rounders, & that they could trade back up (possibly with US to #3), then maybe they had a plan to get Tunsil lower all along. That's not too far-fetched, imho.
                          So what do we get for moving from #3 to #15?

Comment

Working...
                          X