2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You get a new TE and WR Tank Dell/Houston.

Go read about the struggles the Cowboys had in maintaining their Top 5 offense status because Terence Steele and Tyron Smith missed games, and selecting Tyler Smith solidified the offense when Steele and Smith couldn't go. RBs and WRs in the first Round are 'shiny things', IMO. Drafting a RT would give the Chargers 5/5 killers on the offensive line with Jamaree Sayler the swingman at any position but center.

What about if and when Slayer and or MDubb get injured again.Palmer ain't a #1.We need more explosive game changing weapons.Totaly agree on taking a RT in the 1st IF a top notch one drops otherwise time to get a Bijon or Quentin or Mayer for Herb.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Hopefully not. The blue chip WR and TE were non-factors
      I think they missed Cooper as well. Hopefully we can hold onto Keenan. Dak was missing his trusty route runner.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I think they missed Cooper as well. Hopefully we can hold onto Keenan. Dak was missing his trusty route runner.

I'm watching 2022 Dallas-New York Giants as OC Kellen Moore had to prep Cooper Rush to start on MNF and the offensive line's rookie 1st Round LT is making splash plays in the running game. The number of times Dallas runs heavy-jumbo out of a two-tight end set with an unbalanced line with an ace back is remarkable. The mind of Kellen Moore is something else.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

I'm watching 2022 Dallas-New York Giants as OC Kellen Moore had to prep Cooper Rush to start on MNF and the offensive line's rookie 1st Round LT is making splash plays in the running game. The number of times Dallas runs heavy-jumbo out of a two-tight end set with an unbalanced line with an ace back is remarkable. The mind of Kellen Moore is something else.
          Right but im not exactly looking at that scheme to be honest. I hope he completely wraps something newer around the amazing pieces he has. Personally think he will build something new with the specific arm talent we have. Maybe shades of the run heavy Dallas 12/22/23/ groupings in Dallas but i think Moore shows his coaching chops is by doing what Steichen did in Philly. Just totally not a charger offense he built for Hurts. I think this is the evolution of coaching. Scheming around specific traits. I am really excited to see what he does. I want to make sure he can keep Staley from losing us games. lol

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

This is damn near perfection in a pass protect rep against Will Anderson Jr.

As long as I'm addressing the offensive line, as I believe Kellen Moore is, check out this play from last season.
            Bison WR Christian Watson lined up in the backfield. This 20-yard play works because of the A) scoop block on the right side of the formation
            and B) #70 Cody Mauch at the second level. Look at that effort, and body control for a 303 pound athlete. Gets to and owns his man at the second level
            consistently. Athlete playing on the line.

FgAN1vWXwAE6k3W.jpg

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Right but im not exactly looking at that scheme to be honest. I hope he completely wraps something newer around the amazing pieces he has. Personally think he will build something new with the specific arm talent we have. Maybe shades of the run heavy Dallas 12/22/23/ groupings in Dallas but i think Moore shows his coaching chops is by doing what Steichen did in Philly. Just totally not a charger offense he built for Hurts. I think this is the evolution of coaching. Scheming around specific traits. I am really excited to see what he does. I want to make sure he can keep Staley from losing us games. lol
              A healthy, talented OL will give Herbert time for deep crossers and post and go's. It would be silly to not take advantage of Justin's special skills.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Can play all 5 position on the line. Kid reminds me of Oklahoma C Creed Humphrey.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

A healthy, talented OL will give Herbert time for deep crossers and post and go's. It would be silly to not take advantage of Justin's special skills.
                  Right. And play-action offense - the offense from the 1970s that the Steelers ran - is the offense the Cowboys run and the philosophy Moore will be bringing with him, as it has resulted in a Top 5 offense for Dallas under Moore as OC.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Right. And play-action offense - the offense from the 1970s that the Steelers ran - is the offense the Cowboys run and the philosophy Moore will be bringing with him, as it has resulted in a Top 5 offense for Dallas under Moore as OC.
                    I'm sure you saw the talk about seam buster Dalton Schultz to LAC. Why not Kinkaid ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Is Bryan Bresee the monster Tillery was supposed to be ?

Even our certified Trenchers overlooked this dude, didn't you ?

Let's get serious.

He looks VERY explosive on the inside.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Darnell Wright @SB practice Day 1
                        Ohio State RT Dawand Jones had a great day 1 at the Senior Bowl. Today we are going to look at every rep of his.For inquiries: Dm me on Twitter.Follow me on ...

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Is Bryan Bresee the monster Tillery was supposed to be ?

Even our certified Trenchers overlooked this dude, didn't you ?

Let's get serious.

He looks VERY explosive on the inside.
                          I agree.
                          He's been on my radar. My son pointed him out to me a few weeks ago. Glad you like him.

Comment

Working...
                          X