2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not so much, and.... prefer O'Cyrus,

Darnell Wright.png

Best pure RT in the draft is who I'm advocating.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

FWIW, Devon Witherspoon​ is the best CB in this draft, but I don't see it as pressing need for the Chargers in the top 4 rounds. YMMV.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...witter_nfl_cfb

Darnell Wright.png

Best pure RT in the draft is who I'm advocating.
        would be a need pick by my take, and.... would be very surprised if team Tommy John let Mayer by them.... personally would be Bijan all day there.... if not, then Torrence & Branch are (much) better gets as well.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Yes sir! I'd take Broderick or Darnell over all the shiny things every day of the week... and twice on Sundays!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yes sir! I'd take Broderick or Darnell over all the shiny things every day of the week... and twice on Sundays!
            Slater and Zion were my favorite projections last 2 drafts..I have as much appreciation for the trenches as anybody...(well...cept' maybe you...)but you do need some "shiny things" to catch passes or run the football, if your gonna score touchdowns...just sayin'...
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Furthur more, Ill put the likes of Wright or Jones in my first round cluster if we let Pipkens out to market, and not before...as of now, neither player is a need, and I doubt either player will be BPA when we pick.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Slater and Zion were my favorite projections last 2 drafts..I have as much appreciation for the trenches as anybody...(well...cept' maybe you...)but you do need some "shiny things" to catch passes or run the football, if your gonna score touchdowns...just sayin'...
                I don't think any player has scored more total TD's in the last 2 years than Ekeler (38).
                We got shiny things... KA, MW, Ekeler... and of course Herbie.
                Get a guy that protects them all.

You wouldn't leave your Mazzeratti parked out in the rain. Think of Darnell as a garage... a really nice garage.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Furthur more, Ill put the likes of Wright or Jones in my first round cluster if we let Pipkens out to market, and not before...as of now, neither player is a need, and I doubt either player will be BPA when we pick.
                  As of right now, our RT is Andrew Trainer. Austin Pleasants is our swing tackle.
                  If I could keep Keenan, Mike, Mack, and Bosa... I'd do it. If it meant not having Pipkins in order to keep them... I'd do it. If I could replace Pipkins with Wright... I'd do it.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

BPA is in the eye of the beholder. It's a term people use to plug their guy... to rationalize one guy over another.
                    MY BPA's are all OT's and CB's this draft.

If I was forced to create a cluster (not a big fan BTW)... I'd go:
                    Broderick Jones
                    Darnell Wright
                    Clark Phillips III
                    Joey Porter Jr.
                    Brian Branch

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

As of right now, our RT is Andrew Trainer. Austin Pleasants is our swing tackle.
                      If I could keep Keenan, Mike, Mack, and Bosa... I'd do it. If it meant not having Pipkins in order to keep them... I'd do it. If I could replace Pipkins with Wright... I'd do it.
                      Tackles you keep no matter what. Keeping KA when there are playmakers sprinkled all over that draft is just plain stupid. But being Stupid is the Charger way. If Pipkins comes at a reasonable price this is way beyond silly. KA didn't help us win a playoff game so I don't see it anymore. Two years he could be retired anyway when people don't want to pay him the big bucks anymore.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Tackles you keep no matter what. Keeping KA when there are playmakers sprinkled all over that draft is just plain stupid. But being Stupid is the Charger way. If Pipkins comes at a reasonable price this is way beyond silly. KA didn't help us win a playoff game so I don't see it anymore. Two years he could be retired anyway when people don't want to pay him the big bucks anymore.
                        If you like OT's so much... go get a much better one in the draft. I see one who handled Will Anderson last year. Do I think Pip could do that...? I don't.
                        And I'm not dumping my automatic 100+ receptions WR for some rookie post-21 pick WR. Not while I'm making a SB run... THAT would be stupid.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

If you like OT's so much... go get a much better one in the draft. I see one who handled Will Anderson last year. Do I think Pip could do that...? I don't.
                          And I'm not dumping my automatic 100+ receptions WR for some rookie post-21 pick WR. Not while I'm making a SB run... THAT would be stupid.
                          I want a playmaker in the first not another tackle...Sometimes you have to take what the draft is heavy in and whip out the checkbook in those categories...
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X