2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    I agree with your take

- Kincaid is the most explosive as a receiver before and after catch, and he’s the least usable in-line as a blocker. What is the offensive vision Moore wants to build, that drives the answer. In a league where the Kelce’s are the big difference, not great in-line blockers, there is a strong argument he increases the explosiveness of the offense and will help Herbatron (hence team) the most

- Washington is a straight line bulldozer after catch, and his speed is in the back 20, not front 20, so he’s not getting quick separation that Kincaid will get. There’s not much wiggle after catch from that big boy either, but he’ll punish DBs and make them both hurt and look silly. In total, he’ll have much less YAC than Kincaid. His key differentiation is he is a BEAST in-line as a 6th blocker and will allow the most flexible rush vs pass options from an a base formation. He will also be most useful in short yard and goal line where we have been notably weak. If they took him, they need a power back to complete the pairing.

- Mayer is considered “most NFL ready” and was top-rated early in the process. Not sure if that is still holding after Washington put up a faster 40 than him. I put him at #2 in receiving (to Kincaid) and #2 blocking (to Wash). He is the safest, but … i just don’t get excited about him, I’d rather have either of the above over him.
    Agree with you completely. Less enthused about Mayer than the other two. Am intrigued by the beast potential of Washington, but if Kincaid could be anything like our version of Kelce over the middle that would be fun.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Day off, watching GMFB just now...funny tidbit...

Central Michigan DE Thomas Incoom said in an interview the QB he wants to sack the most is Mahomes....think we give him a look? lol
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Marvin Mims Jr. and A.T. Perry both look like they could be good WR's with speed that we could get in the 4th or 5th round!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          Marvin Mims Jr. and A.T. Perry both look like they could be good WR's with speed that we could get in the 4th or 5th round!
          I think after a very good combine Mims will go far ahead of that. Dont think he gets past the 3rd and could even sneak inti the 2nd if a team likes him. I would be happy to get him in 3rd

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I think after a very good combine Mims will go far ahead of that. Dont think he gets past the 3rd and could even sneak inti the 2nd if a team likes him. I would be happy to get him in 3rd
            Mims killed the combine, doubt he is available to the Chargers in the 3rd

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Mims killed the combine, doubt he is available to the Chargers in the 3rd
              Kinda what I am saying. I can see a team liking him and taking him in 2nd, or early 3rd at least.

Trey Palmer would be a target in the 3rd where Chargers pick.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Agreed, lots of speed guys will be there in the 3rd and 4th. Wouldn't mind Hyatt in the 2nd. Don't think Addison falls that far.
                Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 03-18-2023, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

If Marvin Mims is there in the 3rd it could be a great pick! A.T. Perry could be a hidden gem he is tall and fast and can catch the ball! I would be happy if we go one of these guys in the 3rd.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Kinda what I am saying. I can see a team liking him and taking him in 2nd, or early 3rd at least.

Trey Palmer would be a target in the 3rd where Chargers pick.
                    Like WRs Mims,Trey Palmer,Mingo,Jaydon Reed,Mareno-Cropper,Bryce-Wheaden,Tre Tucker,and Demario Douglas in the later rounds.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

First round sig cluster...post FA. Just going over the changes...

I am coming around on Edge, and less so on WR...though keeping Addison because he is polished and brings a viable vertical threat immediately...and can eventually take over for KA..

But back on Edge...I think in this pass happy league, it is crucial to have a terrific pass rush rotation, and quality depth, because we all know what happens when one of your bookends goes down...absolutely worth a first rounder. I had already added Nolan Smith...but also like Myles Murphy and Kyle Van Ness. Now, any one of these guys is likely to go earlier...but all three? I think one of them will make it to us, so it's reasonable to have them in the cluster.

Like last year, when I was looking thru the depth chart about this time, or maybe a little earlier, and was shocked to see how thin we were at IOL...I notice a similar issue at DT. Kinda snuck up on me. SJD, but nobody of note behind him...Austin and Tito at NT is alright...but then on the other side of SJD, is Fox all by his lonesome. This isn't a young group overall. So I put on the Bresee tape to see what he was about, because he seems to be showing up later and later in the draft, after starting out top 10. QBs, CBS, and Edge seem to have pushed him down a bit, plus some of his injury history, and down Senior year after the adversity of losing his Sis...

The tape is flat out eye-popping...in fact, I think he is a long shot to make it to us...but this guy is everything you want in a 3 tech. Love his motor and his passion, nevermind great size and athleticism...outside of Carter, the only DT I have a first round grade on. I do like a few other guys, as far as being able to make an impact as a rookie...but I think they go early second, if not very late in the first. Not on board with Chancey...he is not Aaron Donald, and I do believe his length will be a factor in the pros. He will carve out a really nice career as a role player, but I don't think he is worth a first. Keeanu Benton is a guy I REALLY like alot...but think 21 is rich...maybe after a trade down. But DT in the first three rounds has found my radar...and Bresee would be a steal at 21...not at all worried about the medical, though it will bear thorough attention heading up to the draft.

In short...

Drop- O'Cyrus Torrence
                      Add-Bryan Bresee, Kyle Van Ness, Myles Murphy

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Note on Benton...though listed as a NT, he lined up at multiple positions on the line, and moves very well for a big man...I see him as a heavy 3tech defender on running downs, who can kick inside and push the pocket on passing downs as well...very nice get off that should give centers fits...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Note on Benton...though listed as a NT, he lined up at multiple positions on the line, and moves very well for a big man...I see him as a heavy 3tech defender on running downs, who can kick inside and push the pocket on passing downs as well...very nice get off that should give centers fits...
                          If Tito's knee is questionable, Benton would be a guy I'd be interested in. He's a very good wrestler so he gets leverage and uses his hands well. 3rd round cluster candidate IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X