2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

IF we go WR in the first round its got to be either Hyatt, Addison, Jaxon-Smith, or Johnson. Zay Flowers is jut a bit too small to risk a first round pick on.
    From what I have seen with the combine, other reviews - I like hte idea of Reed (Mich State) or Scott (Cincy) over the names you listed save maybe Hyatt.

Addison seems like more a slot guy. Same with Jaxon-Smith

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The more I see of the Chargers needs - it wouldn't be the worst thing if they got an extra day 2 pick. I get the Polamalu trade - but they can use a lot of good players.
      Unless a top OT or Bijan Robinson is on the board though he probably will be long gone. You can't pass up a top flight skill player prospect at 21 if he's there or a great OT! Or what if Brian Branch is on the board? Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Unless a top OT or Bijan Robinson is on the board though he probably will be long gone. You can't pass up a top flight skill player prospect at 21 if he's there or a great OT!
        No, I agree if there is a top 15 player and youa re picking 21 -

but what if you have a cut off at say 18 and the next group are all kind of similar rankings

Chargers have a few areas of need. Granted, whether you pick them in the first or the third - you have to get the pick right,.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

From what I have seen with the combine, other reviews - I like hte idea of Reed (Mich State) or Scott (Cincy) over the names you listed save maybe Hyatt.

Addison seems like more a slot guy. Same with Jaxon-Smith
          Demario Douglas is a late rounder who looks great too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Demario Douglas is a late rounder who looks great too.

https://youtu.be/PiihoE4xUUA
            Just to add - not reaching for Reed from MSU or Scott from Cincy - but drafting in the second round - just want to make that clear.

Kincaid in R1
            or Edge

and WR in R2

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Why am I not a hyatt fan? He seems like a one year production guy that didn’t blow people away with his speed which was supposed to be his bread and butter…I was also a bit turned off by his interviews, there’s a fine line between cocky and arrogant…plus, his body doesn’t scream NFL, what is he like 173 pounds?! We need a speed guy to round out the roster depth, this is not the year to draft WR high, if you guys want fast there will be some guys just as fast as hyatt or faster with STs return game skills and to potentially develop as WRs in rounds 3 & 4…

I’ve got a max of mid 2nd round grade on hyatt and had he come out last year he would’ve been a 3rd round pick at best…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Just to add - not reaching for Reed from MSU or Scott from Cincy - but drafting in the second round - just want to make that clear.

Kincaid in R1
                or Edge

and WR in R2
                Yeah I would be stoked to grab Reed,Scott,or Douglas in the 4th round.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Kincaid in R1
                  or Edge

and WR in R2
                  I agree with Edge then WR but only if they resign pipkins, there will be some really nice TEs well into round 3 this year…pipkins is the key, if he walks OT becomes a first or second round priority again…I’m not in the camp that believes salyer is long term solution at RT…salyer should replace fieler regardless if pipkins resigns or not…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I agree with Edge then WR but only if they resign pipkins, there will be some really nice TEs well into round 3 this year…pipkins is the key, if he walks OT becomes a first or second round priority again…I’m not in the camp that believes salyer is long term solution at RT…salyer should replace fieler regardless if pipkins resigns or not…
                    I would agree with this. I like the idea of Salyer at LG. I was just scrolling through a few lists of free agents, Pipkins wasn't listed in the top 100 - at least what I could find

Are we overrating Pipkins because of how back his back-ups are in Norton and Sarrell?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I would agree with this. I like the idea of Salyer at LG. I was just scrolling through a few lists of free agents, Pipkins wasn't listed in the top 100 - at least what I could find

Are we overrating Pipkins because of how back his back-ups are in Norton and Sarrell?
                      I don’t believe that to be the case Duke Manyweather endorsed pipkins as one of the most improved offensive tackles in the NFL going into 2022 and how did that turn out? I believe he’s on other teams radars now, it won’t surprise me one bit if he gets the type of money the rams gave joseph noteboom last offseason…and I think pipkins is the better player, Joseph got around 30-35 million over three years as a 3rd tier LT, guys, tackles are hard to find, we of all people should know this…

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

IF we go WR in the first round its got to be either Hyatt, Addison, Jaxon-Smith, or Johnson. Zay Flowers is jut a bit too small to risk a first round pick on.
                        Jaxon-Smith is best WR prospect in this class if Chargers move on from Keenan. Plug & play slot with more explosive traits on a cheaper rookie 5 year contract.

Not on Hyatt first round grade. Would be classic forced need pick. Nothing special to see here. Mid-late 2nd rd grade.

Johnston should be off the board, most project to the Texans. Mike Williams X receiver who may take some developmental/adjustment time.

Zay frame is maxed out. Quickness & explosiveness tested out poorly, might have been extra weight gain. Midget.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Jaxon-Smith is best WR prospect in this class if Chargers move on from Keenan. Plug & play slot with more explosive traits on a cheaper rookie 5 year contract.

Not on Hyatt first round grade. Would be classic forced need pick. Nothing special to see here. Mid-late 2nd rd grade.

Johnston should be off the board, most project to the Texans. Mike Williams X receiver who may take some developmental/adjustment time.

Zay frame is maxed out. Quickness & explosiveness tested out poorly, might have been extra weight gain. Midget.
                          Which test was poor?

His 4.42 /40, his 10'7" broad jump, his 1.53 10 yard split or his 35.5" vert?

He didn't do anything else that I see.

Because , i say id rather pick him over Richardson who they say slayed his combine and I think had a mediocre season and he may be a bust.

Comment

Working...
                          X