2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Try and find tape like this on Spiller...oh my...

Wow, Tucker...nice...primo vision, cutting ability, receiving, and LOVE his explosion and extra gear...if we haven't drafted an RB by round 3 or so, if he's there pick him...either him or Roschon...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      Like I think the Raiders are a dumb team. Like if I was the Raiders I’d be trading up to two to draft Bryce Young.

I think Bryce Young is the smartest guy in the draft. He’s a character guy. a guy you build your franchise around. But they’re to dumb to do that.

when you look at Mahomes and Herbert those are two guys that are genius smart high character guys. Good leaders.

in Las Vegas Bryce would light it up. He’s your perfect dome Quarterback. A Drew Brees.

that’s my comp. He’s mobile can get first downs with his legs. His ability to process is off the charts. All y’all will go crazy over Richardson cause you see the measurements but this Young kid is a superstar. He gets the ball out Quick. Led Mater Dei. Came to Alabama took it over.

with a guy like Devante Adam’s and Josh Jacobs I’d be trying to get him. But it would be so Raiders to get the next Jamarcus Russell. If Bryce Young goes to Seattle and gets with Pete Carrol and becomes the next Russell Wilson I’m going to laugh. But I think he ends up in Indy.
      ^ Maybe the Raiders aren't necessarily interested in "character guys"...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Kinda big deal, Chargers already moving Zion to LG (replacing Feiler) and Salyer to RG. Salyer was effective LT but move him and Zion following year to new positions? Harping on Pipkens holding down RT in a 17 game season (health issues every year) so guess plan is not to address RT early in draft, so Salyer could kick outside again, this time right side and insert inferior, weak link to RG (Jamies).

Chargers are selling us short if they don't address OL early to mid again in the draft.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ Maybe the Raiders aren't necessarily interested in "character guys"...
          The Raiders have said they've taken Jalen Carter off their draft board.

Which, of course, *could* be smoke. But we may well get to find out, because there's a pretty good chance Carter will be there at #7 for the Raiders to either take, or pass over.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            Kinda big deal, Chargers already moving Zion to LG (replacing Feiler) and Salyer to RG. Salyer was effective LT but move him and Zion following year to new positions? Harping on Pipkens holding down RT in a 17 game season (health issues every year) so guess plan is not to address RT early in draft, so Salyer could kick outside again, this time right side and insert inferior, weak link to RG (Jamies).

Chargers are selling us short if they don't address OL early to mid again in the draft.
            How can Jaimes still even be on the roster?!?

He's barely played, and when he did? He looked bad! Hard for me to see him as being any part of things improving, moving forward.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Sarell is current OT depth. He's at Manyweather's camp with Slater &; Pipkins. I don't think OL Coach Nugent is just another guy. He's done well with our young players. Moore has used OL very well in Dal. I haven't seen enough of Jaimes to judge.
              It looks like we're aiming at mid to late rd- UDFA OL. The Chargers have been seeing several.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                Try and find tape like this on Spiller...oh my...

Check out some of Isaiah Spiller's SEC highlights. Spiller was selected by the Los Angeles Chargers with the No. 123 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.SUBSCRIBE TO ...

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Spiller highlight reel:
                  Check out some of Isaiah Spiller's SEC highlights. Spiller was selected by the Los Angeles Chargers with the No. 123 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.SUBSCRIBE TO ...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Sarell is current OT depth. He's at Manyweather's camp with Slater &; Pipkins. I don't think OL Coach Nugent is just another guy. He's done well with our young players. Moore has used OL very well in Dal. I haven't seen enough of Jaimes to judge.
                    It looks like we're aiming at mid to late rd- UDFA OL. The Chargers have been seeing several.
                    Sarell has extremely slow feet and liability in pass pro. Not a good option.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Expecting a trade of Ekeler, probably draft day. That would leave Kelley as RB1 and Spiller as the third down back. Unless we draft somebody..maybe two somebodies.

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

think you’re right that Salyer is tour back-up RT. My guess is that they will likely draft IOL (not OT), but not until day 3. Sounds like that is where the value is this year. I’d be fine with one or two of our day 3 picks being IOL with one who can be a serviceable back-up for Linsley immediately and hopefully replacement in a couple years…enough to know Clapp isn’t the answer. There are a few good ones that fit the profile this year.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Sarell has extremely slow feet and liability in pass pro. Not a good option.
                          I'm not a big fan of him. I think he's shown improvement, last year and may take another step in this one. He appears to be working on his game and has gotten some positive results. TBD IMO.
                          I look forward to who we bring in. There will be competition for OL depth.

Comment

Working...
                          X