2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Travis Dye carted off. Good little back. Used to forward project a little since he and Herbs have history. Good that they seem to be holding Addison out at this point. No point to play him vs this Col team.

Boute with a QB that slings it more would have really benefited him. Maybe it suppresses his stock somewhat. Good technically sound WR.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We had a shot at both those guys had we went up to get them after round 1 or at the back of round 1. Both went early round 2.
      It will be the same with Bijan. Will likely have to go get him too.

And kinda agree, how many RB years does Ekeler have? He is onl;y 27 right now, but 28 when contract will be up. How long do you extend him? 3 years? Dude is rock solid strong but taking hits at his size take their toll.

Definitely need to platoon him more than we do so we need another RB who is equally as good or better. Spiller could be that guy just need to see more of him. Until then im not sure RB in round 1 is the way to go considering we need Edge rushers as we cant rely on Bosa to stay healthy all year and not sure what happens with Mack.........who id love to keep.
      make up your mind....

are you sayin' we (would) need to move up for Bijan like we did for MG3 (Tom) and Ryan (AJ) ?? or you thinkin' we go somewhere else round one and then move back up into the first or early second to nab him then ??

personally don't think there's much chance he'll be there round 2, and do think there is a chance that he'll be there when we select round one ?? not into trading up for him in either scenario.... let the draft come to you.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

musing over the Jerry situation and gotta say.... the Tillery/MW player for this go 'round sure looks like Michael Mayer to me.... ??

think 'tis a much better strategy/philosophy to focus on line/front 7, unless there is a sure fire skill player there.

thinkin' Bresee/Tyree is the much safer/smarter gambit, and w/Skoronski a Plan B if Bijan isn't there, as.... don't care for your receivers (or edge players) atm.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Watching Oregon Washington and specifically Gonzales. Want the Chargers to draft this big, long CB. Great technique, stays glued to receiver, timing, instincts, excellent physical tackler. Gotta double down on him. Not sure if Mike Davis is in or out? Same with JC Jackson? Gonzales would take over CB 1 role and hopefully the secondary falls into line. :biggrin:

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Currently, Bryce Callahan is our second best defender (behind Mack). He's also a free agent at year's end. With our cap situation next year, I don't think he'll get re-signed. Will Vato be a cap casualty? How long will JC be out... and will he ever perform as a #1CB...?

CB/NB is definitely on my 1st round radar. Kelee Ringo, Cam Smith, Joey Porter Jr., and Clark Phillips III all seem to be consensus best CB's. If one of those guys is there, I'd take him.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              Currently, Bryce Callahan is our second best defender (behind Mack). He's also a free agent at year's end. With our cap situation next year, I don't think he'll get re-signed. Will Vato be a cap casualty? How long will JC be out... and will he ever perform as a #1CB...?

CB/NB is definitely on my 1st round radar. Kelee Ringo, Cam Smith, Joey Porter Jr., and Clark Phillips III all seem to be consensus best CB's. If one of those guys is there, I'd take him.
              Banking on the Oregon connection. Hope they resign Callahan. Does Davis have one year left? Can they restructure JC? Gonzales and ASJ might wind up as Staley’s starting corners.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Safety is another concern for me. I can't imagine Staley feeling comfortable with that crew either.
                Adderly is a free agent at year's end... he's taking bad angles and missing tackles. Was JT Woods drafted to replace him? Can JT Woods even get on the field?
                Lately, I've been taking a safety in the 2nd round. A lot of times it's JL Skinner.
                Is he a safety or a LB...?
                Yes, he is. At 6-4, 220 he's both.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

make up your mind....

are you sayin' we (would) need to move up for Bijan like we did for MG3 (Tom) and Ryan (AJ) ?? or you thinkin' we go somewhere else round one and then move back up into the first or early second to nab him then ??

personally don't think there's much chance he'll be there round 2, and do think there is a chance that he'll be there when we select round one ?? not into trading up for him in either scenario.... let the draft come to you.
                  The bolded. Things will change but I'm thinking he is a later round 1 or early round 2 pick. Depends where we pick as well. If we make the playoffs we will pick earliest 25th I think if we go one and done.
                  Also FAcy will determine and how Spiller plays going forward. Bijan will be in my cluster but I'm not saying he is my must have pick yet. We'll see but I've been wanting a RB drafted high for a couple years now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                    Safety is another concern for me. I can't imagine Staley feeling comfortable with that crew either.
                    Adderly is a free agent at year's end... he's taking bad angles and missing tackles. Was JT Woods drafted to replace him? Can JT Woods even get on the field?
                    Lately, I've been taking a safety in the 2nd round. A lot of times it's JL Skinner.
                    Is he a safety or a LB...?
                    Yes, he is. At 6-4, 220 he's both.
                    Gotta believe Woods will take over in 2023. Should see improvement. Hopefully they teach him how to tackle better. Need to be more than a ballhawk at FS. He has good speed anyways.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-13-2022, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Gotta believe Woods will take over in 2023. Should see Kent. Hopefully they teach him how to tackle better. Need to be more than a ballhawk at FS. He has good speed anyways.
                      Don't count yer chickens before they hatch...first, Woods has to show better game than he's shown so far...
                      Last edited by Topcat; 11-13-2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Next years draft. Keenan Allen pulling up short with a season ending no contact hammy spells the end of KA as one helluva draft catch, IMO. IF next season he plays less than 10 games due to aging injury, it’s time to cut bait with one of the leagues most ever underrated WR draft picks. Of course it’s too early to jump to such a conclusion, but beware. He may linger before his time has been determined to be over. That CAN happen at a player his age. Of course, not putting him on IR made us all believe he only needed a few weeks. Nope. Just saying, a player may truly have passed the point of no return of condition. Let it not be so. But draft his replacement next year and hope to get as lucky in 3rd round gold that noone saw coming.
                        Last edited by Caslon; 11-12-2022, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Without a massive restructure I think Keenan needs to go. Can't expect him to play most games anymore, on top of a lengthy injury history.

Comment

Working...
                          X