2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I might at least make Vato a team-friendly offer...he's at least decent depth...
    He isn't a FA after the season is the problem with that. His biggest cap hit is next season. It isn't much bigger than it is this season but next season we will need cap relief and his 9.4 mil hit is sitting there.

Bosa needs to be restructured. He will count like 31 mil for next season.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Darnell Washington continues to impress me, particularly as a blocker. Maybe he can make the transition to offensive tackle, the way Jason Peters did. Even if he stays at tight end, I'd love to have him blocking for our running backs on third- or fourth-and-short.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Prefer Williams over Keenan at this point in time in their careers. Sorry, KA is going to suck out as much money as he can until he's shown the door. To some players it's all about getting paid before they retire. KA is no different.
        That’s true for all players. It’s the end of their career after all. Most only have the prospect of being a used car salesman if they want reemployment.

sure, there’s a handful that become broadcasters but that represents a fraction of one percent.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

That’s true for all players. It’s the end of their career after all. Most only have the prospect of being a used car salesman if they want reemployment.

sure, there’s a handful that become broadcasters but that represents a fraction of one percent.
          The kind of money KA is getting for just one year is what like a lot of NFL players make in their entire career. Zero sympathy for sponges.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• pigskin
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Southern Oregon
            • Send PM

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...s-WR-Princeton DRAFT PROFILE: BIO After high school, Iosivas opted to join Princeton. In 2019 as a freshman Iosivas saw action in 9 games for the Tigers as he made 18 receptions for a decent 263 yards for an average of 14.6 yards per reception, with 4 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 117.6. As a sophomore in 2021 he played 10 games and had a decent 42 catches for 709 yards for an average of 16.9 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 118.5. SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS Iosivas shows suddenness off the line of scrimmage and accelerates quickly, and his top-end speed is among the best in this draft. Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. He has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone. Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #15. He wrote "In track, he finished fourth in the country in the heptathlon and ran the fastest 60 in NCAA heptathlon history (6.71). Iosivas bench pressed 370 pounds this month and has vertical-jumped 39 inches. His 60-yard dash time would, by his own estimation, translate into a 4.2-something 40, but he points out that it was also out of the blocks and on a track, so maybe not. His position coach, Brian Flinn, predicts when Iosivas goes through the draft process and performs those tests he will “destroy them all." He has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle. A fluid mover capable of creating some separation over the middle of the field, Iosivas has the long arms and soft hands to provide a sizable catch radius. Iosivas plays with a smoothness and balance, and he shows a knack for setting up defensive backs. Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field. Has a tall frame and long arms, plus strong hands, giving him a huge catch radius. SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES He’s not going to threaten to take the top off of a defense. Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest. Iosivas really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.

Comment

• pigskin
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Southern Oregon
              • Send PM

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...ndrei-iosivas/ Princeton WR Andrei Iosivas Brings Talent to the 2023 NFL Draft Often, small school prospects fly under the radar. If you play for an Ivy League school, chances are you’re flying lower than most. Andrei Iosivas is a low-flying next-level prospect from the Ivy League’s Princeton University who is sure to start getting more and more attention as we move through the draft process. Princeton’s Iosivas is actually a track star from Hawaii, still honing his craft on the gridiron. The senior has next-level size at 6’3″ and 205 pounds and legitimate home-run-hitting speed. From a track and field perspective, Iosivas has timed 6.71 seconds in the 60-meter indoor sprint – that translates to a 40-yard dash time of 4.22 seconds. He’s not just a fast guy but a terrific athlete and a multi-event performer who competes in both the pentathlon and decathlon. Iosivas is expected to broach the 40-inch mark in the vertical jump at Combine and/or pro day workouts.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Illinois (of all places) has an RB that looks good - Chase Brown. I also like their CB, Witherspoon.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
                  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...ndrei-iosivas/ Princeton WR Andrei Iosivas Brings Talent to the 2023 NFL Draft Often, small school prospects fly under the radar. If you play for an Ivy League school, chances are you’re flying lower than most. Andrei Iosivas is a low-flying next-level prospect from the Ivy League’s Princeton University who is sure to start getting more and more attention as we move through the draft process. Princeton’s Iosivas is actually a track star from Hawaii, still honing his craft on the gridiron. The senior has next-level size at 6’3″ and 205 pounds and legitimate home-run-hitting speed. From a track and field perspective, Iosivas has timed 6.71 seconds in the 60-meter indoor sprint – that translates to a 40-yard dash time of 4.22 seconds. He’s not just a fast guy but a terrific athlete and a multi-event performer who competes in both the pentathlon and decathlon. Iosivas is expected to broach the 40-inch mark in the vertical jump at Combine and/or pro day workouts.
                  Wow...a 4.22 40...now that's blazing speed...okay, put him on our big board...BUT...would Lombo send him deep, and frequently, or waste his talent on 5-yd routes?...

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Duggan would be a better backup QB than what we have.
                    If he is available 5th-7th, why not add him.
                    The HC of TCU calmly saying we practice that every Thursday so we were ready as they walk off FG for win.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo[SIZE=18px
                      Illinois (of all places) [/SIZE]has an RB that looks good - Chase Brown. I also like their CB, Witherspoon.
                      HEY!!! I resemble that remark!!....or do I mean resent? LOL....

Chase Brown would be great in our system...but we might have bigger fish to fry with our picks, and have yet to see enough of Spiller to decide whether we need to invest a day 2 pick on RB...but yea, really like his running style.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!!....or do I mean resent? LOL....

Chase Brown would be great in our system...but we might have bigger fish to fry with our picks, and have yet to see enough of Spiller to decide whether we need to invest a day 2 pick on RB...but yea, really like his running style.
                        I think a second- or third-round pick on a running back is as big a fish to try as the rest. Ekeler is not a running back who can give us 1,200 yards each year. We need that guy to help take some pressure off of Herbert.

I liked what I saw of Chase Brown today. I like what I have seen of Blake Corum all season. I like what I read about the running back from Texas. I don't care who it is. Get Herbert and our offensive line a stud running back.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

They need to draft Jalin Hyatt in the 1st, draft TE Dalton Kincaid in the 2nd, sign WR Parris Campbell and resign DeAndre Carter. They can find Linsley’s successor in the 3rd or 4th. Possibly C Rick Stromberg in the 3rd. Then get more Dline, LBer and DB depth with the rest of the picks.

WRs next year
                          M. Williams
                          K.Allen
                          J.Palmer
                          J. Hyatt
                          P. Campbell
                          D. Carter

TEs next year
                          G. Everett
                          D. Kincaid
                          S. Smartt
                          T. McKitty

They need to restructure K. Allen, Bosa and Linsley. Release Feiler and possibly M. Davis.

Comment

Working...
                          X