2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You cannot coach longer arms.

https://www.raiders.com/video/chandl...ek-13-nfl-2022

Here is the career game for Chandler Jones v. Jamaree Salyer at LT for the folks who clearly missed it. Watch Jones leverage Jammy with his length. Shorter arms kick inside to guard. Word to the wise, while you're free to, debating this doesn't make Jammy's arms any longer either.
    agree 100%, future starter at guard and good insurance all across the O Line

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Slater, Salyer, Linsley, Johnson. Which don't you like ?
      I'd like to resign Pipkins, draft a LG and keep Salyer for G/T depth but you don't have to use 21 for that.
      same.... if Cooper Bebee is there and he can provide depth and possibly start sooner than later, yes.

and then again.... not certain we will be able to resign Pips, not certain of Linsley's health, not certain as to whether Feiler is done, will be better @RT, or if we'd just as soon stick w/him @LG, and not to mention whether we even stay the course w/him or take the out in his contract, or.... restructure him ?? also not 100 percent certain as to whether Salyer is a starter, or would be better off as depth ??

if I had my druthers, and as guessing Pips is not a Charger next season, am keeping Jamaree on the bench and letting him learn the OC during preseason, am putting in Feiler in @RT after restructuring him, taking the vet known quantity, until the if and when he gets beat out for a starting spot, and am drafting an OG, preferably O'Cyrus Torrence round one.... if he's off the board, then looking Cooper Bebee day two.

Slater * Zion * Linsley * Torrence * Feiler

put McKitty next to Matt as need be, and think we're closer to rock solid on the line than not.... otherwise the all of Linsley, Salyer and Pips/Feiler, are all ?s heading into next season.... eliminating @least one of those ?s seems like a wise/good idea, 'specially w/the Rocket Man back there.

ps. come 2024 would then look for a RT in the draft or in FA, as not overly enamored w/anyone in this class, and much prefer Torrence @guard.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

same.... if Cooper Bebee is there and he can provide depth and possibly start sooner than later, yes.

and then again.... not certain we will be able to resign Pips, not certain of Linsley's health, not certain as to whether Feiler is done, will be better @RT, or if we'd just as soon stick w/him @LG, and not to mention whether we even stay the course w/him or take the out in his contract, or.... restructure him ?? also not 100 percent certain as to whether Salyer is a starter, or would be better off as depth ??

if I had my druthers, and as guessing Pips is not a Charger next season, am keeping Jamaree on the bench and letting him learn the OC during preseason, am putting in Feiler in @RT after restructuring him, taking the vet known quantity, until the if and when he gets beat out for a starting spot, and am drafting an OG, preferably O'Cyrus Torrence round one.... if he's off the board, then looking Cooper Bebee day two.

Slater * Zion * Linsley * Torrence * Feiler

put McKitty next to Matt as need be, and think we're closer to rock solid on the line than not.... otherwise the all of Linsley, Salyer and Pips/Feiler, are all ?s heading into next season.... eliminating @least one of those ?s seems like a wise/good idea, 'specially w/the Rocket Man back there.

ps. come 2024 would then look for a RT in the draft or in FA, as not overly enamored w/anyone in this class, and much prefer Torrence @guard.
        I think the monster OT, Paris Johnson from Ohio State could be available at 21. If Pip moves on, I'd be tempted to take him if I'm the Chargers GM.

I hope we will be able re-sign Pipkins though.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

How I see it, it’s the best guard or tackle in the first for me. Salyer gives us that flexibility. I do like the idea of moving Zion to the left. I don’t see them affording Pipkins, which is unfortunate. But some of these colleges players are just as good as Pipkins has become. Yes, Pipkins became serviceable. But he isn’t mean enough for my taste. We need maulers, pancakes, rough and tugged lineman.

It’s starts on the line. Win and dominate that, goes a long way into becoming a legit team.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I think the monster OT, Paris Johnson from Ohio State could be available at 21. If Pip moves on, I'd be tempted to take him if I'm the Chargers GM.

I hope we will be able re-sign Pipkins though.
            Just a season ago, who would have ever thought that we would be saying this??? I think we should send every O lineman we have to the camp Pip went to.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Beebe is returning to Kansas State.
              As mentioned the other day, Mauch weighing in at 305 with shorter arms maybe has to kick inside.
              I think if Pipkins is gone it has to be a tackle in round 1 or 2. If he's back Salyer can step in to replace Feiler and guard depth can be drafted later as Salyer was.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Just a season ago, who would have ever thought that we would be saying this??? I think we should send every O lineman we have to the camp Pip went to.
                Patience is very important.
                I once stated that I would gladly be the last one on Earth to declare Forrest Lamp a bust.
                Well, here we are.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I once stated that I would gladly be the last one on Earth to declare Forrest Lamp a bust.
                  Well, here we are.
                  That makes two of us.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

Well, here we are.
                    At least we won't have the "we must make hay while Herbert is on his rookie deal" hanging over us anymore..

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Well, here we are.
                      Patience not really a virtue in Mr. Forrest Lamp's case.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Patience not really a virtue in Mr. Forrest Lamp's case.
                        Or Feeney's...
                        :biggrin:
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Or Feeney's...
                          :biggrin:
                          Or Tevi...